Player Watch #50 Marlion Pickett

Remove this Banner Ad

This has probably been posted already but if you haven't seen it there is an Australian Story on Marlion Pickett.
I just watched it through iview and it was absolutely brilliant. I've always wanted to know what caused him to make the mistakes he did and the story gives the answers.
Now more than ever I want the Tiger's to keep him for the remainder of his career. This guy is worth his weight in gold.
Check his story out here...

This has probably been posted already but if you haven't seen it there is an Australian Story on Marlion Pickett.
I just watched it through iview and it was absolutely brilliant. I've always wanted to know what caused him to make the mistakes he did and the story gives the answers.
Now more than ever I want the Tiger's to keep him for the remainder of his career. This guy is worth his weight in gold.
Check his story out here...
Wait, Pickett spent time in jail!? You'd think this would have been reported by now, does the club know?

He is the only player from that mid season draft thats any good

I wanted Kyle Dunkley but knew he wouldnt get to us , Poor kid wasted at Melbourne

I wonder how he would go at the Tigers
I'd get him over if it meant his brother would come to.

What I love about him is his tuff as nails to never backs down his making the wing role his.

Has a quiet assuredness about him - yeah he stuffs up like every player does but is neither upset or ruffled - gets on with business!

Has a quiet assuredness about him - yeah he stuffs up like every player does but is neither upset or ruffled - gets on with business!
He could be nickname Terminator. Just keeps going, no matter the obstacle or occasion, nothing seems to faze him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Why wouldn't he stay? Story was about getting back for a funeral, at 29 he won't be around much longer anyway so I reckon he will make hay ($+great experience) while the sun shines.

dad is fighting cancer, and he can make good coin at freo with his whole extended family around him

Really?
I've seen him shirk or back out of more contests than any other player this year.
His skills are sh*t.
Sooner he goes the better

Dude Chol was way worse.

Marlion's only problem is he thinks he is still in the WAFL and can bump his opponent out of the game. The problem is at AFL level almost all his opponents are big enough to absorb the bump and keep at the contest. That's why we rarely see the bump anymore unless it is diving for the ball ala Cotchin.

Dude Chol was way worse.

Marlion's only problem is he thinks he is still in the WAFL and can bump his opponent out of the game. The problem is at AFL level almost all his opponents are big enough to absorb the bump and keep at the contest. That's why we rarely see the bump anymore unless it is diving for the ball ala Cotchin.
What about when he ducks his head and pulls out of contests..
What about when he runs around laconicly and shins the ball.
He is 29, not 19.
Sick of the hype of this bloke. So overrated it's not funny

Remove this Banner Ad

Back