Player Watch #37 Matthew Parker - Returned home to WA effective immediately

Remove this Banner Ad

Kudos to all the Saints posters for their positive feedback.
Appreciate the honest appraisals.
Noticed similar as well
Nothing but good will towards him from Saints fans
I had a lurk of their board as well and it’s the same

At the end of the day he’s a free hit and costs us basically nothing no one expects him to be Dusty or win the Brownlow and unlike all the other picks in tonight’s draft he has already shown he can play at AFL level so I really don’t understand the negativity from some of our own fans

Gold Coast delisted Lyons and he goes alright. Jpod was another delisted by 2 clubs and then became a premiership player. They would of picked him with a specific role in mind.

Menegola another two time loser and he went alright in the GF last year, about the only Cat not to totally embarrass himself.

Did you watch last weeks wafl he had 26p kicked 4G v WC reserves
Ah yes but WC reserves had to travel to play. You know how Eagles sides hate travelling. Why can’t South Fremantle play at Optus for once?! #sthfreobias
6F99B148-80B9-4C80-8F26-7BE2FD149548.jpeg

Hi all. I reckon you got a good one here. I was hoping Freo would pick him up as he adds something a bit different.

I am mates with his old Sth Freo ressies coach and he said that he had a checkered past but the last few years he has majorly changed his attitude and is one of the hardest trainers at the club and a really good bloke to go along with it. I think he will give Dusty a bit more freedom in the forward line as he has that bit of mongrel in him defensively. If anyone can get the best out of him, it would be you guys, spewing it wasnt us but cudos to the Tiges for giving him another shot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’s quicker, tougher and better over head than both Higgins and Butler.

Skill level is the main knock but not like he’s any worse than George in that department. For the role we need it’s definitely a tick.

Has a young family now so he’s desperate to make it. Appears to have turned his life around after a chequered past.. having a kid will do that. Our recruiting department knows what they’re doing.

Pickett has become one of our hardest working players who realised this is his opportunity to turn his life around for himself and family... And I'm pretty sure Pickett is one of the first picked each week.

Let's hope Parker can follow in Picketts footsteps and be a solid contributor each week, I think we definitely need a player with that Mitch Robinson type mongrel attitude and I see him as becoming that type of player for us...

We concern ourselves with players because they were Delisted by an average team..but gold Coast have even Delisted players who now are stars at other clubs... Sometimes it's not just about skill... It's also the environment and culture that makes a big difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back