Player Watch #45: Patrick Naish - Delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Out of every guy we drafted I think naish will surprise most as everyone has been trying to talk him down to get him cheap
Of all our draftees Naish is the only one im not happy with.
Just doesnt get enough ball for himself he's more outside than a hard working sheep dog. very few have made it at afl level as outside as he is.
clubs werent talking him down they had genuine concerns.Imo pick 34 is overs we could have targeted another tall with this pick or god forbid another big bodied ball winning mid.

All that aside good luck to him i hope he makes the grade.

Just doesnt get enough ball for himself he's more outside than a hard working sheep dog. very few have made it at afl level as outside as he is.
clubs werent talking him down they had genuine concerns.Imo pick 34 is overs we could have targeted another tall with this pick or god forbid another big bodied ball winning mid.

Lol. I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Richmond passed on Naish they would have been left with picks 53 and 55, which turned into picks 34 and 63.

Now there was some tall talent at pick 53 but not a whole lot that screamed a must pick. Richmond did find potentially a diamond in the rough with Miller, but I like the balance.

Big bodied ball winners are in vogue now as well and so it was difficult to find one that was actually good at that pick. I think the adage that teams need big bodied mids to win grajd finals is a bit of a myth. Lambert, Edwards, Graham, Prestia and Ellis were all below six foot.

I think this draft might turn out better than some think; a lot of kids will benefit from proper coaching and the difference between junior coaching standards and AFL coaching standards IMO is widening as the league becomes more professional.

Nevertheless, there's a limit to this, and clubs are getting better at picking the talented kids and finding value.

hopefully we can get a list management discussion about talls over smalls going in every new player thread by Christmas!!! yippee
absolutely!! FFS this strategy simply cannot improve us. ;-)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of all the people I unignored after the grandfinal you are the one I regret most. Stop being a negative campaigner ok Mopsy.

You cannot even get your facts straight to match your stupid argument. Likely we pick Miller at 55 anyway if we had it. Your saying you wouldn't pick Naish with 53? A father son ranked top 20 by a lot of people? That's basically what it cost us and not 34 like you think.

If Naish can put on some muscle, get a bit more contested and clean up his decision making then he adds a large dollop of run and carry that will help us long term. In other words if we develop him properly we could get a good player to fill a role for the next 10 years. He's one of those nearly top shelf players. Couple of minor fixes and all is GOOD.

We didn’t have pick 34

Pick #55 and a 10 pick downgrade on #53 for a guy talked about possibly going top 20? Easy choice.

No no no....should have taken a tall father-son!!! 1 bloody job RFC!

******* poor on RFCs part that they didnt make Naish 20cms taller

Settling for mediocrity, typical

The 2 month long wait for a flag continues with no end in sight

let’s not bully blokes with differing opinions

even ones who thought Houli, edwards and grigg were glass half types that wouldn’t stand up in finals and that players like rance and astbury had too many flaws in their game to ever improve and wouldn’t make it

show a bit of maturity
Where's the fun in that?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back