Welcome Welcome to Richmond Pick 17 - Tom Brown

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, the more I read and see on him the more I actually like.

Knightmare had him 22nd in the his first phantom and 18th in the 2nd. Few others had him around 20-25.

So definitely talent wise it's not a reach. I think people were just desperately set on a mid here after a KPP and so was I. Fingers crossed a couple slip to our next pick to round out this draft.
Cal Twomey had him at 18 as well.
It definitely wasn't a reach.

same here. i'll back in the recruiters. would have liked hobbs.

I was very keen on Gibcus or Hobbs with 9, was flat we weren't able to trade up to get him, but we'll probably never know if they even tried too.

If you have access to watch the replay of last nights Fox coverage is a LOL moment.

When they switch to the swans room Horse is on the laptop looking mighty pee'd while the recruiting team look like they've just been handed a sh*te sandwich without the bread by the Marvel catering team.
Not just horse but the entire swans room looked deflated , I have no doubt that Geelong would have taken him with 1 of their picks at 22/23 and Tom Brown was always in the 16-25 range and would not have lasted until our 20's selections.

Same size as tigga and has speed reads the ball beautifully and doesnt mind standing in a hole
Gibcus/Brown very good picks

I’m thinking they’re confident we can get our targets with 26-28 picks
You'd want to hope we take some damn inside midfielders with these picks. Getting two defenders seems downright bizzare to me when there was some really talented mids available.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You'd want to hope we take some damn inside midfielders with these picks. Getting two defenders seems downright bizzare to me when there was some really talented mids available.
Whilst we all want good inside mids its not really the end of the world as we are drafting now for 3 years time and people keep mentioning but Cotchin prestia edwards etc will be gone.

Yes but with free agency so will be their salaries and im sure we have 1-2 targets being worked on

pressure is certainly on RCD, Ross and Dow next season.
As it is with every position. But to be fair they it hasn't been normal development for them. Little VFL, stars studded midfield to break into, in one week out the next (which is normal for young players). The ones feeling the pressure should also be the under-performing regulars, as we have a good group of young mids/utilities about to hit their straps.

not at all bizarre when you consider there's like 10 midfielders for every quality KPP in the draft ,,, that add some clarity. Gibbo prob < best 3 KPP in the country , whats so bloody bizarre securing a kid of that quality

Richmond went with best player on their board - that was the plan in the first round. Get the best talent into the football club. I can tell you that Gibcus was very high on our board and Tom Brown was inside the top 15. Tom Brown had a lot of clubs very high on him.

We will see a bit more needs focus although, Gibcus solves a need for us.

Giants wanted to move 13 and more to Freo to pick Gibcus. Didn’t eventuate.

I’ll also say as well as the Swans who wanted Brown, Melbourne had him next on their draft board but assumed Sydney would take him, Geelong moved to 23 and enquired to move up more in front of Sydney to get him also.

It all doesn’t matter now, he’s a Tiger. I couldn’t be happier. We have introduced some freak athletes who can play the game at a high level. Awesome. Looking forward to tonight.

Whilst we all want good inside mids its not really the end of the world as we are drafting now for 3 years time and people keep mentioning but Cotchin prestia edwards etc will be gone.

Yes but with free agency so will be their salaries and im sure we have 1-2 targets being worked on
NGL, Im a bit worried. Will see what happens tonight I suppose.

There is still some pretty talented mids available. Hoping Goater lasts until our pick.

NGL, Im a bit worried. Will see what happens tonight I suppose.

There is still some pretty talented mids available. Hoping Goater lasts until our pick.
I also like Goater but dont think Richmond rate him
He was speaking on the draft show yesterday and mentioned 5-6 clubs that he had spoken with and have shown interest but Richmond was not mentioned

Build from the back we still have quite a few decent mids that can step up over the next year or two, good mids win Brownlows, good backmen win flags, oh I forgot, Dusty does both.

Still I do hope we can grab some mids with our remaining picks

Completely agree. Wings are our main area, not of weakness, but where we can improve.

If RCD can take what he showed last year and step it up the next level (run his legs hard Lambo) then he's B grade inside mid, with an outside potential. Dow has some amazing traits, and another year. Ross needs to play to his high end rather than the patchy stuff he delivers too often. So these emerging guys could provide genuine depth to an elite midfield.

Cotch gets fit and stays fit, ditto Prestia, ditto Dusty, Shai takes it up one more step (Oh what a lovely thought 20+ possessions & >1 goals per game), Nank and Ivan go back to being dominant and that is a top tier midfield. Maybe only for another year or two, but it is very very good.

You can't say, what if they get injured? That happens and any team goes down the gurgler. Plan for success, and see where you end up.
You can say what if they get injured when they've been chronically injured the last few years, if not their whole career.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back