Player Watch Welcome to Richmond Pick 28 - Tyler Sonsie

Remove this Banner Ad

At this stage he is not at the coalface and rarely puts himself under a pack, something he will have to do it he is anything like Mitchell. But he is 18 and that will come in time as he gets stronger and more confident. Has all the skills just needs to develop the contested side to his game, even though I think he will always be more of a Sidebottom type than a Mitchell. Maybe a cross between the two, which would make him very nice.

Something poetic about sonsie battering Mitchell 1v1

Hopefully he has got another half in him

Sonsie, taken by the Tigers with their third pick (No. 28) overall in last year’s AFL national draft, has been impressive throughout his six senior appearances.

He is averaging 17.7 disposals, 7.0 score involvements, 3.0 intercepts and 263.5 metres gained per game. Among AFL Rising Star prospects, he is ranked No. 1 for score involvements per game.

Sonsie, taken by the Tigers with their third pick (No. 28) overall in last year’s AFL national draft, has been impressive throughout his six senior appearances.

He is averaging 17.7 disposals, 7.0 score involvements, 3.0 intercepts and 263.5 metres gained per game. Among AFL Rising Star prospects, he is ranked No. 1 for score involvements per game.

Bit of a shame their bromance will be in the grandstand for the first final.

I think these are the two who come out for dusty and graham sadly.

Bit of a shame their bromance will be in the grandstand for the first final.

I think these are the two who come out for dusty and graham sadly.

Graham, I doubt will come in. He is 60/40 due to his injury to come in, but if he is fit, id still have Ross ahead of him. Have been watching Grahan closely in games and he is labouring from contest to contest. Has also lost some burst speed. Ross looks so much more nimble around the packs and finds more of the ball. Graham more 1% and tackles but as he is playing forward/midfield, we now have cumbers, junior and bolton to apply forward-half pressure.

Graham, I doubt will come in. He is 60/40 due to his injury to come in, but if he is fit, id still have Ross ahead of him. Have been watching Grahan closely in games and he is labouring from contest to contest. Has also lost some burst speed. Ross looks so much more nimble around the packs and finds more of the ball. Graham more 1% and tackles but as he is playing forward/midfield, we now have cumbers, junior and bolton to apply forward-half pressure.
Well of course he’s been labouring, he has been managing turf toe after all.

No chance graham is not being selected if fit.

Jack Graham has been one of the teams best finals players. I prefer graham onfinals over Ross.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jack Graham has been one of the teams best finals players. I prefer graham onfinals over Ross.
History means nothing. Ross was one of our best last week, Graham hasn't played a good game in a good while (carrying injury).

If fit he will come in perhaps but should not be at Ross's expense, and certainly not on form. Not sure you can bring Martin and Graham in, both underdone.

I know what Graham is capable of and have seen every final live (bar 2020 in QLD).
My critique is based on this year, he's had an average year fridge. If he has been carrying an injury whilst playing then that falls back on the match committee for playing him.

Now just on Ross admittedly I wasn't always a fan but he's grown on me by his sheer work and improvement. If fridge is 100% fit then I hear you he's more likely to come in but if he isn't meaning if at 80% then I wouldn't want him in at Ross's expense.

Personally, for the first week of finals, I think it'll be Dusty in (George out), and one of Ross/Sonsie/Edwards as the sub, all deserving to play but if I had to take a stab id say Sonsie (sub).

I know what Graham is capable of and have seen every final live (bar 2020 in QLD).
My critique is based on this year, he's had an average year fridge. If he has been carrying an injury whilst playing then that falls back on the match committee for playing him.

Now just on Ross admittedly I wasn't always a fan but he's grown on me by his sheer work and improvement. If fridge is 100% fit then I hear you he's more likely to come in but if he isn't meaning if at 80% then I wouldn't want him in at Ross's expense.

Personally, for the first week of finals, I think it'll be Dusty in (George out), and one of Ross/Sonsie/Edwards as the sub, all deserving to play but if I had to take a stab id say Sonsie (sub).
Im happy with most of that but I worry about Gibcus' form and inexperience. Id make him the sub. He's flexible and can play forward or back. That would leave us with a back six of...
Baker-Balta-Tarrant.
Rioli-Broad-Vlastuin
Or something resembling that....?

Im happy with most of that but I worry about Gibcus' form and inexperience. Id make him the sub. He's flexible and can play forward or back. That would leave us with a back six of...
Baker-Balta-Tarrant.
Rioli-Broad-Vlastuin
Tarrant can't play on hipwood or daniher, they'll run him a merry dance. Gibcus will have to take one, probably hipwood.

Baker-Balta-Tarrant.
Rioli-Broad-Vlastuin

I hear you on Gibcus but lions do have several talls, Daniher, Hipwood, McStay and the big O floating down there. So Gibcus would be needed.
if Grimes was fit then no doubt Grimes would be in ahead of Gibcus

Regardless of your opinion on Ross the player, you can’t fault his work ethic and desire. Great role model to take Sonsie to the next level through hard work.

He’s not soft, he just needs to develop some strength to use at the contest. He tackles when called upon

Murphy was a pretty good player. Got memed cause Carlton suck scapegoated

Sonsie nice first season. Looks to have excellent potential long term. Might slot in, as an A grade mid one day?

Would be very handy

If he gets selected for the final you'd have to have confidence in the kid

Named on ball, final, first season

Sacha Baron Cohen Thumbs Up GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Tarrant can't play on hipwood or daniher, they'll run him a merry dance. Gibcus will have to take one, probably hipwood.
Hipwood is Broadys bitch ;)

Last time Bears beat Tigers in the QF in 2020 Tigers had no Lynch and no Broad.

That campaigner who carved up Short in the first half last time is the danger and the forward that might get off the chain.

Daniel will smoke Charlie Cameron.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back