Player Watch Welcome to Richmond Pick 28 - Tyler Sonsie

Remove this Banner Ad

What a load of crap. Absolute tripe. You sound as though you want him to struggle great club man you. How about celebrating what he’s done.
Oh it’s tripe because you say so is it ?where did I say I wanted him to fail , I said don’t expect to high expectations on him Coz he could get second year blues , and * off with your club man bolox , who the * are you to judge me as a supporter , flog .

Oh it’s tripe because you say so is it ?where did I say I wanted him to fail , I said don’t expect to high expectations on him Coz he could get second year blues , and * off with your club man bolox , who the * are you to judge me as a supporter , flog .
absolute rubbish many players get better in thier second year. what sort of logic are yo suggesting and that is is well known in sport your the flog mate

fantastic in the final other than one bad handball, but you can't knock a player for that flare at 18 to try it in a final. but will learn... an absolute steal at pick 28 Would expect this from a top 10 easy

Also touching on a wayward pass ... Pickett is the king of a handball straight to oppo and I'm pretty sure it happened in this game as well.

The Baker free and 50 was way worse from a vet player and Shai trying to play on and get HTB was worse. More players than sonsie made more mistakes in that game.

IMO so far Sonsie has been the 2nd best player in the draft. Only Daicos has shown more. Been better than ward, Hobbs, JHF, Callaghan And Rachele
Be interesting how he performs next year
Could be in rising star calculations

Can’t wait for this kid to get another pre season under the belt , barely trained until February , bit more belief and confidence in his ability to use those feet of his and he can be a very damaging player ,,, same goes for gibbo cumbo and mrj , that next pre season will be huge for their development

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Glad it's rumoured we have Taranto, the kids going to need some help. My fear was he ends up like Mark Coughlan with no support and then his body breaks down.

Glad it's rumoured we have Taranto, the kids going to need some help. My fear was he ends up like Mark Coughlan with no support and then his body breaks down.
Cogs was an animal
Very different tolls on their bodies.

So where to for this guy now. Had a great first season and showed a lot of promise in the middle. Best young midfield prospect for a long time.

But with Cotchin re-signing, & adding Hopper & Taranto to an already solid rotation including Prestia, Short, Graham, Bolton, Dusty, Baker, Ross - you would think he might struggle to get minutes. Only other position for him would maybe be HFF, but our forward line is very loaded also. I think we would be doing his talent a disservice playing him in the VFL

So where to for this guy now. Had a great first season and showed a lot of promise in the middle. Best young midfield prospect for a long time.

But with Cotchin re-signing, & adding Hopper & Taranto to an already solid rotation including Prestia, Short, Graham, Bolton, Dusty, Baker, Ross - you would think he might struggle to get minutes. Only other position for him would maybe be HFF, but our forward line is very loaded also. I think we would be doing his talent a disservice playing him in the VFL
You would have to be absolutely delusional if you dont believe we will get injuries in 2023 to any of the mids
or we will be resting any of Prestia , Martin , Cotchin

We should not be lacking for inside mids anymore with our likely new additions. Sonsie is more skilled than graham and Ross at least. His foot skills will be valued. With a full preseason under his belt I’d be backing him to earn his spot in the rotation. He could also play wing.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back