Player Watch Welcome to Richmond Pick 28 - Tyler Sonsie

Remove this Banner Ad

We will have amazing depth in the midfield next season. The problem will be fitting them all in and finding the best combinations and duel roles for each player. Some midfielders will be first choice in the center square - Prestia, Hooper and Taranto. Cotchin is next in line. I can see him reverting to his premiership winning role as our defensive midfielder.

Even though we will have three strong inside midfielders, you need diversity through the center square ie

Option One - Hopper, Prestia, Bolton
Option Two - Taranto, Hopper, Sonsie
Option Three - Martin, Taranto, Bolton
Option Four - Cotchin, Graham, Prestia
Option Five - Hopper, Cotchin, Sonsie
Option Six - Prestia, Ross, Taranto

For me players will need to form partnerships similar to what Graham & Dusty did for years, where Graham would fill the role Dusty vacated. So when Dusty started at stoppages and then pushed into the forwardline, Graham moved up to take his place. When Dusty rolled up to stoppages from the forwardline, Graham rolled back into the forward 50.
I could see the first player below playing midfield 75% of the time then switching with the second players forward for 25% of the time.

Bolton* + Dusty*
Taranto# + Hopper#
Ross^ + Sonsie^

FF: Cumberland, Jack, Dusty*
HF: Rioli, Lynch, Taranto#
HHF: Ross^

C: Pickett, Prestia, MacIntosh

Foll: Nank, Hopper#, Bolton*

Int: Miller, Cotchin, Sonsie^, Graham,

I'm not sure Prestia or Cotchin could play forward at this stage. Cotchin and Prestia are not a reliable set shot for goal, particulalry good overhead mark or have any notable forward craft. Imho, the duel/resting role may not be suited for these two as a result.

Either way, we continie to develop depth and multi-role players for every position on the ground. Makes us incredibly hard to coach against and incredibly difficult to predict.
The effort you have gone to here is almost Tragic lol

We will have amazing depth in the midfield next season. The problem will be fitting them all in and finding the best combinations and duel roles for each player. Some midfielders will be first choice in the center square - Prestia, Hooper and Taranto. Cotchin is next in line. I can see him reverting to his premiership winning role as our defensive midfielder.

Even though we will have three strong inside midfielders, you need diversity through the center square ie

Option One - Hopper, Prestia, Bolton
Option Two - Taranto, Hopper, Sonsie
Option Three - Martin, Taranto, Bolton
Option Four - Cotchin, Graham, Prestia
Option Five - Hopper, Cotchin, Sonsie
Option Six - Prestia, Ross, Taranto

For me players will need to form partnerships similar to what Graham & Dusty did for years, where Graham would fill the role Dusty vacated. So when Dusty started at stoppages and then pushed into the forwardline, Graham moved up to take his place. When Dusty rolled up to stoppages from the forwardline, Graham rolled back into the forward 50.
I could see the first player below playing midfield 75% of the time then switching with the second players forward for 25% of the time.

Bolton* + Dusty*
Taranto# + Hopper#
Ross^ + Sonsie^

FF: Cumberland, Jack, Dusty*
HF: Rioli, Lynch, Taranto#
HHF: Ross^

C: Pickett, Prestia, MacIntosh

Foll: Nank, Hopper#, Bolton*

Int: Miller, Cotchin, Sonsie^, Graham,

I'm not sure Prestia or Cotchin could play forward at this stage. Cotchin and Prestia are not a reliable set shot for goal, particulalry good overhead mark or have any notable forward craft. Imho, the duel/resting role may not be suited for these two as a result.

Either way, we continie to develop depth and multi-role players for every position on the ground. Makes us incredibly hard to coach against and incredibly difficult to predict.
Not a bad post for #1000............ :cool:

I think it would be somewhat simplified though if you look at a 'best 22' scenario then using our depth of players 23> to supplement injuries/rests.

I think that Graham, Ross and Sonsie are outside that 22 for the moment but they'll no doubt be required to play games throughout 2023 with 1 or 2 likely to play 20+ games. That leaves Prestia, Taranto, Martin, Hopper, Cotchin and Bolton for our midfield rotations. 3 of those mids are extremely hard to matchup forward of centre.

I think it would be somewhat simplified though if you look at a 'best 22' scenario then using our depth of players 23> to supplement injuries/rests.

I think that Graham, Ross and Sonsie are outside that 22 for the moment but they'll no doubt be required to play games throughout 2023 with 1 or 2 likely to play 20+ games. That leaves Prestia, Taranto, Martin, Hopper, Cotchin and Bolton for our midfield rotations. 3 of those mids are extremely hard to matchup forward of centre.
It’s more than likely that this is Cotchin’s last year, hence I don’t think we will be relying on him with a fully fit squad. IMO Ross or Sonsie will take that spot but Cotchin comes in with the loss of one of the mids.

Cotchin will play 12-14 games. Prestia will be managed throughout the year as well.

Had dinner with a family whose kid was in Tyler's football team throughout childhood.

There he is, down the end.

1673846582357.jpeg

So just repeating what I heard.

• There was once where Tyler was sick, he had picked up a bad cold, and looked like :poo:. The coach said to the dad that he probably shouldn't play. But Tyler's dad said "he wants to play, chuck him in a pocket". He kicked 14 goals, 6 on the left, 8 off his right.
  • He was a gun player from his first game. Already he had time and space where other kids would just hoof it.
  • He wasn't a selfish gun, either. He'd bring his team mates into the game.
  • He could be (don't shoot the messenger) "as good as Dusty if things pan out as we and the coach expect. Yeah, he's that good!"
  • He was BOG more often than not.
  • The club thought he'd go early first round, but Covid messed his head (we knew this).
  • The family are Hawk supporters and were annoyed they picked Connor MacDonald with Pick 26, instead of Tyler.
Anyway, I got a :eggplant: listening to the positive feedback on our newish recruit, thought I'd share the joy.

Had dinner with a family whose kid was in Tyler's football team throughout childhood.

View attachment 1587568

• There was once where Tyler was sick, he had picked up a bad cold, and looked like :poo:. The coach said to the dad that he probably shouldn't play. But Tyler's dad said "he wants to play, chuck him in a pocket". He kicked 14 goals, 6 on the left, 8 off his right.
  • He was a gun player from his first game. Already he had time and space where other kids would just hoof it.
  • He could be (don't shoot the messenger) "as good as Dusty if things pan out as we and the coach expect. Yeah, he's that good!"
  • The club thought he'd go early first round, but Covid messed his head (we knew this).
  • The family are Hawk supporters and were annoyed they picked Connor MacDonald with Pick 26, instead of Tyler.
Anyway, I got a :eggplant: listening to the positive feedback on our newish recruit, thought I'd share the joy.
Pretty sure the family are Tigers as Tyler was too

View attachment 1587568

Yeah but how many towels?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Best moment of my sporting life was when the annoying shithead Ginger who was the best on my team growing up was rejected from the Dragons. This kid would always get pissy if he wasn't always the first option. We basically laughed in his face when we were told he was rejected for "not being a team player".

View attachment 1587568

Here's hoping. Kid could be a genuine star.

Best moment of my sporting life was when the annoying shithead Ginger who was the best on my team growing up was rejected from the Dragons. This kid would always get pissy if he wasn't always the first option. We basically laughed in his face when we were told he was rejected for "not being a team player".
Your dead to me... 200w.gif

Admit you made a mistake. It wasn't Sonsie's family that were Hawthorn supporters, it was the family the poster had dinner with. Now say sorry!
It was very ambiguous, mods should have stepped in and cleared it up earlier , sonz lived in my hood , I know a thing or to about a thing or two

Unironically, this is the most interesting thread on here atm. Still trying to work out who's family supports what team. Feel like I need to print out a bunch of these posts, pin them to a board and join the dots with red string.

Always Sunny Fx GIF

View attachment 1587568

I also hear from a source that he has a massive utensil and elevated testosterone levels that were suppressed by his woke generation but now that he is in with the big boys like Dusty he should have gone pick 1.

showed shitload more than gibcus

No, he didn't.

Gibcus played a lot more games and being a first year player, was always going to have a lot of downs. Sonsies would have had as many down games if he played from R1 too.

Gibcus' first few games were way better than any of Sonsies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back