Player Watch Welcome to Richmond Pick 28 - Tyler Sonsie

Remove this Banner Ad

Another write up compared his playing style and ability on both feet to Ackermanis..if that's even remotely true I'll be stoked

its such a weapon to kick on both feet. I think of Leon Cameron and Sam Mitchell. The way they could shift the defence by kicking it either side is a great weapon. Hopefully he’s that good on the boot

its such a weapon to kick on both feet. I think of Leon Cameron and Sam Mitchell. The way they could shift the defence by kicking it either side is a great weapon. Hopefully he’s that good on the boot
It's criminal coaches don't encourage kicking on the non preferred side .
As you say it shifts the defense and opens up the whole field .

On SM-G950F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Broady does it a bit I’ve noticed. He’s not a penetrating kick on his non preferred but it does catch the defence out when he does it

would have been stoked at pick 17 but pick 28 ! so good.

Was gonna throw my remote at the tv if they said a defender with our first pick in the 2nd round haha

Comparing him to Hobbs will be tough as Hobbs is ready made and can play round one with his body shape.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree completely, also allows a quicker kick when oppo think they have you with another step. Took me way too long to understand that as a player. Leads can often be honoured quicker in better space too. It's a weapon!

Rapt with this pick!

Last edited:
Seriously how does a kid with this much talent slide to 28.

I dunno, but it keeps happening. Balta 25, Edwards 26, Bolton 29. Not averse to the late 20’s multi-flag exponent in the rookie draft either, Castagna 29.

Now future multil-flag winners Sonsie at 28 and Banks 29.

What can you do? You see a bargain on the shelf no use wondering how it got there, just put it in your shopping basket and proceed to the checkout. 😁😎

Sometimes you watch a highlight and package and you see some fantastic play but maybe they are playing against snails that make them look good. Then you see guys with class.

This guy just looks a cut above most others on this draft year. Look at the decision making and surety in his kicking.

Sometimes you watch a highlight and package and you see some fantastic play but maybe they are playing against snails that make them look good. Then you see guys with class.

This guy just looks a cut above most others on this draft year. Look at the decision making and surety in his kicking.

Try finding dual side players to.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back