Player Watch Welcome to Richmond Pick 28 - Tyler Sonsie

Roksman

Premiership Player
Feb 12, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
What's the story about his attitude? In Jake Niall's article - anything in this?
Allegations of questionable attitude...not sure what that means to be honest...didn't stop us from picking him up..
Friend of mine's son is the same age as him and has a few mates in the same circle as Tyler.

Apparently he's just a bit of dick.... Big deal, that's easily fixed in the right environment. He's extremely talented and that's all that matters at his age.

Friend of mine's son is the same age as him and has a few mates in the same circle as Tyler.

Apparently he's just a bit of dick.... Big deal, that's easily fixed in the right environment. He's extremely talented and that's all that matters at his age.
Just like some posters here are, send them to the right environment in groupies dungeon and viola, fixed

daird

All Australian
Oct 12, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Maybe he's the player a few people mentioned we were "trying to hide away" during the year and he picked up a bit of an attitude or intentionally acted up in interviews to dissuade other teams.

Okay I'll take my tin foil hat off now.

Ancient Tiger

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 18, 2007
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
Just watching the Aussie boys v Geelong reserves from earlier in the year. Sonsie does nothing and looks a bit of a plodder. Now Gibcus looks like he will be a player what a leap
He was injured in that game I believe. Anyway, even Dusty has had quiet ones, especially when we were getting spanked by 100 points.

Nov 11, 2010
Punt Rd End
AFL Club
Richmond
We are have a proven culture that gets the best out of players, with strong coaches, supportive leaders and welfare staff. Sonsie will quickly be adopted into the club and team. With clear structures and boundary's, goals and targets and routines to follow, players with poor attitudes quickly adapt and channel their focus to achieving success rather than fighting against it. Often as much about maturity and lack of direction as it is about the kids character.

Sonsie will be a huge success story for us just like Dusty, Balta and Stack and the media will be questioning how the hell he fell so far and so many other clubs missed him. Well done Tiges!

23 touches, 12 contested, 5 clearances, 1 goal. Geez that’s a great break down of numbers. Not to mention how classy he is

I’m still in shock we got him at 28. I would have taken him before Ward/Hobbs. Didn’t quite have their production this year but he’s way more classy imo. He’s a match breaker. Reads the play beautifully off the tap. Gibcus is an amazing steal also, but Sonsie the one I’m almost excited about
You're getting carried away. Before Ward are you kidding? I'm not doubting Sonsie could be a gun but Ward was the most progressive player going around. Ward was averaging over 30 possessions and was a very good user also. Time will tell who ends up better but you'd be mad to select Sonsie over Ward if given a selection between the two now.

Jul 16, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Fighting Furies

A lot of great players are kinda dicks. No big deal, as long as they arent the toxic culture killing type.

Jungle Noise

Senior List
Feb 22, 2019
AFL Club
Richmond
Nothing official but he finished year 12 last year and apparently struggled for motivation during lockdown.

Everyone can probably relate to that. I bet being drafted by your fav club and a pre season with Dusty and Cotch will fix that up.

So did our coach and told to pull his head in as we were a huge chance for the 2020 Premiership

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

bc27

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Plenty of super star footy players have been a bit of a dick bloke.

couldn’t give a rats toss bag if he finds the footy 30 times a game, kicks snags on both sides of his body and loves getting the ball out of stoppages.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Tough school with people potting his character based on second and third hand references - wouldn’t be the first state level athlete to have a bit of ego about him
He went to our local high school Rowville SC as did Connor McDonald , soligo and Krueger , nothing at all to be concerned about , as I mentioned previous RFC is perfect environment for him . Let the kid play footy

blaisee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
None
You're getting carried away. Before Ward are you kidding? I'm not doubting Sonsie could be a gun but Ward was the most progressive player going around. Ward was averaging over 30 possessions and was a very good user also. Time will tell who ends up better but you'd be mad to select Sonsie over Ward if given a selection between the two now.

Would have been pissed off if we got ward

Hard working battler whose kicking style resembles the great Duncan kellaway . Wards ceiling is a McGrath from essendon which equals b grade at best .

Nov 23, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
He went to our local high school Rowville SC as did Connor McDonald , soligo and Krueger , nothing at all to be concerned about , as I mentioned previous RFC is perfect environment for him . Let the kid play footy
Whilst thats good news im sure there are reasons why a top 3-5 kid slips to a pick near 30 and that level of talent doesnt get over looked for no reason
But im sure RFC knows what they are ding and would be well aware of the issue and prepared to deal with that.

Hawks talent scouts would have seen every game he played as well as having him at Box Hill and he played well that game but decided to select MacDonald
But if the kid has his head straight he will be a top mid

This Is Anfield

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts Podcaster
Feb 25, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, England, Furies
Ward… poor man’s RCD!

😎

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Whilst thats good news im sure there are reasons why a top 3-5 kid slips to a pick near 30 and that level of talent doesnt get over looked for no reason
But im sure RFC knows what they are ding and would be well aware of the issue and prepared to deal with that.

Hawks talent scouts would have seen every game he played as well as having him at Box Hill and he played well that game but decided to select MacDonald
But if the kid has his head straight he will be a top mid
I’ve got a pretty good idea that some clubs may prefer your vanilla strait laced types , NO risk. RFC has demonstrated more than once that we back our environment so that players thrive. He’ll be fine , he’s a Melbourne lad will still be living at home and soon being in an elite environment will be what he needs to kick on

Noidnadroj

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 8, 2020
AFL Club
Richmond
Just watching the Aussie boys v Geelong reserves from earlier in the year. Sonsie does nothing and looks a bit of a plodder. Now Gibcus looks like he will be a player what a leap

I remember after 2 seasons Dermie said Dusty should take the GWS offer as he was going to end up a bit of a waddler and his value had peaked. Let’s hope plodder = waddler!!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Was a little bit concerned about his attitude showing in the family vid when RFC picked him...his mate who also got picked on the night was all about how matey they were together...only thing was Sonsie was stoney faced about it...little bit disconcerting in my book...
Hope it's nothing. .

Was a little bit concerned about his attitude showing in the family vid when RFC picked him...his mate who also got picked on the night was all about how matey they were together...only thing was Sonsie was stoney faced about it...little bit disconcerting in my book...
Hope it's nothing. .

This is getting into Balta not smiling territory haha

Hope it's nothing. .
I got more nerves from the video than anything
His whole footballing life had led to that night and probably had a heap of pressure on himself especially if he didn’t have the best year

Back