Player Watch Welcome to Richmond Pick 28 - Tyler Sonsie

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
He went to our local high school Rowville SC as did Connor McDonald , soligo and Krueger , nothing at all to be concerned about , as I mentioned previous RFC is perfect environment for him . Let the kid play footy

Another Rowville person?

Gee I may've seen you out and about.

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Was a little bit concerned about his attitude showing in the family vid when RFC picked him...his mate who also got picked on the night was all about how matey they were together...only thing was Sonsie was stoney faced about it...little bit disconcerting in my book...
Hope it's nothing. .
Humour me with Dusty’s reaction when he was drafted ,

boxxie2022

Cancelled
Nov 28, 2021
AFL Club
Richmond
Was a little bit concerned about his attitude showing in the family vid when RFC picked him...his mate who also got picked on the night was all about how matey they were together...only thing was Sonsie was stoney faced about it...little bit disconcerting in my book...
Hope it's nothing. .

seriously?

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
Hope it's nothing.
I would suggest that was just pure embarrassment more than anything, it was a complete stuff up from the Fox broadcast.

His good mate who's joining him for draft night has been picked before him, Fox didn't do an interview with him like pretty much every other player selected before him and when they asked who it was he had to inform them it was Connor MacDonald. I would have been mortified.

He went to our local high school Rowville SC as did Connor McDonald , soligo and Krueger , nothing at all to be concerned about , as I mentioned previous RFC is perfect environment for him . Let the kid play footy

Thought Connor McDonald went to Haileybury.....

I would suggest that was just pure embarrassment more than anything, it was a complete stuff up from the Fox broadcast.

His good mate who's joining him for draft night has been picked before him, Fox didn't do an interview with him like pretty much every other player selected before him and when they asked who it was he had to inform them it was Connor MacDonald. I would have been mortified.

Agree, it was like being hijacked and the kid didn't quite know what to think - all good - he's young and is now today's fish and chip wrapping!

That’s it , our club relishes these prospects

Yep, and the kid has what you just can't teach - his judgement of the ball in the air is quality. When you do that you look quick!

THE THIN MAN

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆🏆
Jan 7, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
Can’t miss me jogging around the block footy shorts tank top and headband
1638145766795.png

blaisee

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2004
Punt Road
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
None
You're getting carried away. Before Ward are you kidding? I'm not doubting Sonsie could be a gun but Ward was the most progressive player going around. Ward was averaging over 30 possessions and was a very good user also. Time will tell who ends up better but you'd be mad to select Sonsie over Ward if given a selection between the two now.

progressive?

WTF does that mean?

If you a plodding battling low impact B grade ceiling midfielder I would agree with you

Sonsie is an immature kid, with a questionable attitude with an A+ ceiling

Ward will never be an A grader, unless you rate Kane Lambert an A grader, that is best case scenario for Ward .

Sonsie at his best will be the best player taken in the 2021 draft

bc27

Club Legend
Nov 5, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
progressive?

WTF does that mean?

If you a plodding battling low impact B grade ceiling midfielder I would agree with you

Sonsie is an immature kid, with a questionable attitude with an A+ ceiling

Ward will never be an A grader, unless you rate Kane Lambert an A grader, that is best case scenario for Ward .

Sonsie at his best will be the best player taken in the 2021 draft
I dunno about best from the draft but I agree. I think tiger fans will be realising pretty quickly how good this kid is come practise matches. He’s going to be a top line midfielder at his peak.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
Some of the stupidest commentary you'll read for a top 7 pick just drafted and yet to play a game.

lumpinee

MK ULTRA
Jul 18, 2019
across the park from commission flats
AFL Club
Richmond
Nothing official but he finished year 12 last year and apparently struggled for motivation during lockdown.

Everyone can probably relate to that. I bet being drafted by your fav club and a pre season with Dusty and Cotch will fix that up.
yep lockdown is bad enuff,lockdown in Roweville tho,that'd be next level :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
ok :fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire::fire: away:mouse::mouse::mouse:

Aug 23, 2010
Information Superhighway
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Exers, Gryffindor, Rich+Ess AFLW, Tassie
Who and who syndrome?

Jack Scrimshaw and Fischer McAsey.

When they have a 'resting face,' that is, the sort of face one has when neither excited, happy or angry/annoyed, you can't tell if they're happy or not.

Same with Caleb Poulter.

Back