Player Watch Welcome to Richmond Pick 28 - Tyler Sonsie

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
I've been thinking about tagging along as well, get my summer bod kick started
Nothing against you mate but if you beat rcd in any of the runs he might as well do us a favour and delisted himself.🤓😁

Nov 11, 2010
Punt Rd End
AFL Club
Richmond
I'm impressed by Sonsie's highlights but before we lock him in for a spot in our team, lets see him play a few scratch matches over the preseason and even some games at the VFL level. I have high hopes for him but the kids that have been in our squad over the past few years but haven't had a chance to develop or play themselves, may surprize a few around these parts.

Competition for spots will be fierce and that can only be a good thing for the likes of RCD and Sonsie.

Hamsatma

Club Legend
Jun 19, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Nothing wrong with players celebrations and having tickets on themselves, PROVIDING they back it up with their performance.
nothing better for a kid with tickets on themselves than to get into the big leagues. If he's as good as he apparently thinks then we're all laughing and who gives a stuff if he struts around. If he's not then he'll find out pretty quick and realise that he'll need to buckle in if he wants to make it.

I was only half serious about the bow and arrow thing. I love American sports like NFL where big personalities and celebrations are common.

I think I just hate duursma's celebration because he plays for Port. Same goes for Charlie Cameron and his "Harley" at lions.

Nov 30, 2011
Adelaide
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool, Glenelg
I was only half serious about the bow and arrow thing. I love American sports like NFL where big personalities and celebrations are common.

I think I just hate duursma's celebration because he plays for Port. Same goes for Charlie Cameron and his "Harley" at lions.

Nah they are just both w***ers 👍

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dec 18, 2005
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
Looks like we’ve strengthened our small forward department and defence. Midfield also looks good for future. We desperately need a young tall forward. Surely we have a tall player from another club coming over in 12 months. Can’t rely on the draft once Jack retires. We’ll be waiting 3 years until they’re ready

May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Looks like we’ve strengthened our small forward department and defence. Midfield also looks good for future. We desperately need a young tall forward. Surely we have a tall player from another club coming over in 12 months. Can’t rely on the draft once Jack retires. We’ll be waiting 3 years until they’re ready
expect gibcus to pop up there , wont be required in defense if our squad stays healthy

Joey longshadow

Hostis Humani Generis
Oct 23, 2015
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Baltimore ravens

Yeah..firstly I think it's a Vesper not a Harley..
And as for Duursma's gimmick I love how the crows fans call him Katniss

Hank Heavenly

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Apr 10, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
East Fremantle
photo gave off Ben Lennon vibes

The main question is, what will his nickname be? Traditionally Australians chuck a "y" at the end of the suername.

Ergo Sonsie-y ?

It's not a pure science but generally if the name has two syllables it gets shortened to the first syllable plus an O (Johnson becomes Johno). The Y tends to go on single syllable surnames (West becomes Westy) - that said in a world of utterly barstardise English these days - almost anything goes eh Northy?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back