Welcome Welcome to Richmond Pick 30 - Judson Clarke

Remove this Banner Ad

POSITION: Small Forward/Midfielder

SNAPSHOT: “One of the quickest players in the draft pool, Clarke is hard to catch once he gets going, and his surge style of play and nous around goal make him a desirable player for the modern game.”

Clubs like Richmond and Melbourne have had recent success in the AFL with their surge tactics and once they form in full motion, they are hard to stop. Not many players in this draft pool showcase the surge style like Judson Clarke, who knows one way - and that is to attack at all costs. Clarke spent most of his time playing NAB League with Dandenong Stingrays and AGSV football with school Yarra Valley Grammar, excelling in both competitions as a dangerous forward who could also roll through the midfield. Clarke shows some comparisons to Carlton’s Zac Fisher as an elusive left-footer and looks set to be taken in a similar draft range to Fisher, who went at pick 27 in 2016.

STRENGTHS:

+ Speed
+ Agility
+ Goal sense
+ Clean hands
+ Run and carry
+ Smarts

IMPROVEMENTS:

- Contested Game
- Tackling

Last edited:
POSITION: Small Forward/Midfielder

SNAPSHOT: “One of the quickest players in the draft pool, Clarke is hard to catch once he gets going, and his surge style of play and nous around goal make him a desirable player for the modern game.”

Clubs like Richmond and Melbourne have had recent success in the AFL with their surge tactics and once they form in full motion, they are hard to stop. Not many players in this draft pool showcase the surge style like Judson Clarke, who knows one way - and that is to attack at all costs. Clarke spent most of his time playing NAB League with Dandenong Stingrays and AGSV football with school Yarra Valley Grammar, excelling in both competitions as a dangerous forward who could also roll through the midfield. Clarke shows some comparisons to Carlton’s Zac Fisher as an elusive left-footer and looks set to be taken in a similar draft range to Fisher, who went at pick 27 in 2016.

STRENGTHS:

+ Speed
+ Agility
+ Goal sense
+ Clean hands
+ Run and carry
+ Smarts

IMPROVEMENTS:

- Contested Game
- Tackling

basically a better kicking Jack Higgins

Another solid pick up, one of the quickest kids according to the Fox Footy crew in preseason testing and if you look at our draftees this year they all have a bit of speed about them.

Nice little highlights video. Quick, elusive and a neat left shoe. Most importantly can find the footy. Averaging 18 touches is good for a small forward. Means even if he’s not kicking goals can still have an impact. Looks a lot better than George and Aarts
The boil on my arse is better than Aarts

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Never heard of him pre draft but this one excites me the most.

No secret I love my pace and this guy has it to burn.

Elite Pace
Elite User
Can play mid
And left footer...

Did I hear some poster wanting more left footers in the side?

Never heard of him pre draft but this one excites me the most.

No secret I love my pace and this guy has it to burn.

Elite Pace
Elite User
Can play mid
And left footer...

Did I hear some poster wanting more left footers in the side?
Never heard of him? Where the hell are you getting your trade info from?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back