Player Watch #28 Josh Gibcus

Remove this Banner Ad

I know there are not many but to the few who are disappointed we took Gibcus and not hobbs i have just 1 question to ask

Who would you prefer from Taylor Adams & Darcey Moore

Knights was a spectacular player. If Gibcus is around that level we've done well.

When Knights went toe to toe with a Van der Haar or Silvagni and beat them they still took about 8 marks.

When Gibcus played on Darcy the police lab dusted the ball for prints and couldn’t find any Darcy DNA on it. At all. Gibcus is next level, whatever next level is. 😁

When Knights went toe to toe with a Van der Haar or Silvagni and beat them they still took about 8 marks.

When Gibcus played on Darcy the police lab dusted the ball for prints and couldn’t find any Darcy DNA on it. At all. Gibcus is next level, whatever next level is. 😁

I can see why we took him. Long term he could be a genuine A grade KP - probably defender. It really shores up the list long term.

Ahhhh that next level is sitting in front of the TV with remote in hand gobsmacked and watching Gibcus in Tiger colours take a one grab mark in the back square GF over an oppo---insert oppo team name here---pack of at least 8 players to defend a one point tiger lead...so high...so seconds before the final siren in our GF win...Slow motionnnnn...like a seagull flying in for the wayward discarded high flying chippie...SNAP!!!!...a little bit of salt dislodged from both chippie and seagull beak but the chippie never drops...all over red rover Gibcus has taken it to another level!!! :D

A KPD isnt the sexy pick we like to see, but it is the smart choice.

Athletically, he might be our most gifted which is saying something.

The club must see our current crop of midfield kids as being good enough.

It is also much easier to trade and use FA on mids (dime a dozen), where as KPP's are so much harder to poach.

Key position takes longer. Maybe the club is happy starting with the keys and then letting them develop. This will be followed by mids in the 23/24/25 draft for example.

Sensational pick, really excited by this kid and if he's Jake Lever mk II, well it's clear how highly regarded and important players of that ilk are these days.

Doesn't hurt that he's got some pretty handy players to learn from in his first couple of seasons as well and as another poster said, kind of shores up that tough to find position for us for a long time to come.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Actually I suspect that club is hoping that with Miller, Biggie, Balta and Gibcus we have a future spine. Plenty of water to go under the bridge. But, we know Balta is A grade, Gibcus is potential A grader, Miller finally started dominating VFL and looked really good in his AFL game, and I've heard Dimma say they see Biggie as having 'elite traits' (i.e. size, speed, athleticism, skills - but needs a heap of development). So, although we're not really deep in KP depth, we've now got a full set of them at a some decent level of ability.

With our deep array of rucks they provide us with enough depth and development potential for now IMHO.

Still like a genuine top end potential KPF - maybe Balta can do that.

But next year is the year of KPFs. So can we snag one then and set ourselves up with a great structure of younger players?
Could be abit of reverse thinking by us.
Go with the 4-5th best mid Vs the 2nd best Kp in a mids draft.
2022 while everyone goes for the rated KPs we get the highly ranked mid.

Sensational pick, really excited by this kid and if he's Jake Lever mk II, well it's clear how highly regarded and important players of that ilk are these days.

Doesn't hurt that he's got some pretty handy players to learn from in his first couple of seasons as well and as another poster said, kind of shores up that tough to find position for us for a long time to come.
Why Jake ******* Lever?:mad:
How about Grimes FFS.

I know there are not many but to the few who are disappointed we took Gibcus and not hobbs i have just 1 question to ask

Who would you prefer from Taylor Adams & Darcey Moore

Spot on

Remove this Banner Ad

Back