"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
i might be showing my age by saying this
but this young man reminds me of Peter Knights, the way he flies for marks
great pick by our club

Didn't brad Johnson or something say the same thing?

I'm unsure on using top picks on big defenders like the old thought process but Weitering shows it can work

You don't reckon Ben Hobbs' output now (and future) will be as good in the midfield as Gibcus' output will be in the backline? I reckon we missed out on a genuine gun inside midfielder that would have set us up nicely for the next 12 years, but also improved us in the now and made us look pretty imposing for 2022.

Gibcus won't play for a few seasons...
This.
Nope much happier with Gibcus, get the spine right, there are Hobbs's in every draft. Very happy to wait for Gibcus

Every draft generally has anywhere between 5 - 10 decent Mids but quality talls we generally only see around 2 or 3 of those really talented kids

Much easier to draft a mid or get one in via trade/free agency than it is to find a decent key position player

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Pretty sure Vlastuin, Broad and Short will be around for a good while to come, it's just Grimes and Tarrant that only have a couple of years left.

Also Grimes is pretty lean, could in theory do a Fletcher and play for ages.

Grimes missed heaps of footy too / almost had to retire - so hopefully he wants to go on for a while to make up lost time.

Floss 5 year contract

Very happy with Gibcus.
If he works out we won't have to heavily invest in a KPD for 5+ years.

Him and Balta gonna be a killer duo.

Actually I suspect that club is hoping that with Miller, Biggie, Balta and Gibcus we have a future spine. Plenty of water to go under the bridge. But, we know Balta is A grade, Gibcus is potential A grader, Miller finally started dominating VFL and looked really good in his AFL game, and I've heard Dimma say they see Biggie as having 'elite traits' (i.e. size, speed, athleticism, skills - but needs a heap of development). So, although we're not really deep in KP depth, we've now got a full set of them at a some decent level of ability.

With our deep array of rucks they provide us with enough depth and development potential for now IMHO.

Still like a genuine top end potential KPF - maybe Balta can do that.

But next year is the year of KPFs. So can we snag one then and set ourselves up with a great structure of younger players?

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Actually I suspect that club is hoping that with Miller, Biggie, Balta and Gibcus we have a future spine. Plenty of water to go under the bridge. But, we know Balta is A grade, Gibcus is potential A grader, Miller finally started dominating VFL and looked really good in his AFL game, and I've heard Dimma say they see Biggie as having 'elite traits' (i.e. size, speed, athleticism, skills - but needs a heap of development). So, although we're not really deep in KP depth, we've now got a full set of them at a some decent level of ability.

With our deep array of rucks they provide us with enough depth and development potential for now IMHO.

Still like a genuine top end potential KPF - maybe Balta can do that.

But next year is the year of KPFs. So can we snag one then and set ourselves up with a great structure of younger players?
Maybe Samson Ryan...

Maybe Samson Ryan...

yep. I thought of putting him into the KPF bucket, but he's a ruck for now.

Realistically the club has said that they are comfortable using Nank as a KPF is needs be. So Right here and now we have a top end spine, with lots of depth. But most of that depth is untried, or barely tried.

Not Important

never test the depth of water with both feet.
Oct 4, 2016
AFL Club
Richmond
Didn't brad Johnson or something say the same thing?

I'm unsure on using top picks on big defenders like the old thought process but Weitering shows it can work
a few have. pipe said a bit like roos. either way looks like we might have struck recruiting oil.

Oct 2, 2007
Willy back beach
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Everton FC Williamstown FC

Gotta love the enthusiasm Gibbo has when discussing how he wants to get to the club next week. Reckon he is absolutely rapt at being picked up by the club.

Imagine a kid like that walking into the club and seeing Dusty up close for the first time :oops:

Back