Player Watch #26 Riley Collier-Dawkins

Remove this Banner Ad

Ok:thumbsu:

"built like Patrick Cripps but with Adam Treloar’s burst speed."

Pants exploding......

And the ability to keep his hands free and handball like Oliver.

2 years in a row we have taken a player who has the upside and potential to be the best in the draft (Balta last year).

Love the RCD pick. If he doesn't make it as a mid, he could play off Half Back or Half Forward. He is reallt versatile.

love his attack on the football and his ability to get his hands / arms free to dispose of the football when being tackled, very underrated skill.

looks like he won't take a backward step either.

really like this pickup.

With so many mids out the door it's interesting we've gone a high upside, high risk? mid.

Generally I like mids to be drafted to be huge ball winners in juniors because it generally translates to AFL. This kid is big and fast but lacks consistency and ball winning it seems.

Will be interesting to track his growth. We need mids coming in to be able to contribute over the next 2-3 years. This is our window.
Could also be a gun HB/CHB with his speed, clean hands and attack on the pill. Or take Jack's spot in a few years. So if he's not a pure mid, has other spots.

Was slightly worried with only going at 12 touches a game at the champs, but has been said that he played Forward a lot. Will back us in to help build his accumulation

I recommend every watch the video in the OP of him speaking. Very mature head
His 3 u18 finals were impressive avg >20p a game and goals

Why is his ensurance so low?
I hope its not a work ethic thing but rather had limited training or game time due to an injury.

Excited about his pace and likeness to Clayton Oliver just hope he works hard on improving that tank. Our game style needs two way runners heres hoping one pre season is enough to build on that tank.
Growing 8cm in 15 months might have something to do with it.
I'd say he will take two years to develope into what his body wants him to be.
Stocker would have played next year IMO, but this kid could be anything. could be a Cripps type beast or an Oliver type.

Hope they go winless(Even Suns beat em) finish stone motherless last while crows finish runner up to us.
Then ask for a priority pick and gets rejected again.
They won't finish last mate.
Walsh will be a jet. Cripps and Curnow as well. They will get there. Might not be next year but they will be OK from 2019 onwards.

Growing 8cm in 15 months might have something to do with it.
I'd say he will take two years to develope into what his body wants him to be.
Stocker would have played next year IMO, but this kid could be anything. could be a Cripps type beast or an Oliver type.
Maybe let him develop for a while. Correct me if im wrong but wasnt Cripps pretty average in his firt year or two? I have a memory of people laughing at Carlton early on about reaching for Cripps.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Read he’s 194cm now :cool:
Has speed too. He’s the best player from the draft for our needs. Hope we get a long kicking mid with pick 37
I read he had grown to 198cm by tomorrow.

And the ability to keep his hands free and handball like Oliver.

2 years in a row we have taken a player who has the upside and potential to be the best in the draft (Balta last year).

Love the RCD pick. If he doesn't make it as a mid, he could play off Half Back or Half Forward. He is reallt versatile.
Exactly. At the end of the day at the very worst he will be better than McIntosh and that's the minimum we need.

Also I hope he turns out to be more like Oliver than Cripps or Bont.

All players clearly are awesome and if he comes close to either we have a winner. For me Cripps is a little sloppy with his disposal and Bont you could argue is more dangerous as a forward than he is a mid. Out of the 3 Oliver is the most purest mid and the more pressing need.

Maybe let him develop for a while. Correct me if im wrong but wasnt Cripps pretty average in his firt year or two? I have a memory of people laughing at Carlton early on about reaching for Cripps.
absolutely will take until late 2019 before he plays any senior footy or at least has an impact. If he is 80% as good as Cripps then all good.

This kid has a HUGE upside. The teams beneath us have understandably taken the safe bets but RCD could become an absolute superstar given his raw ability, He has the size, speed, skill and determination to become a bull around contests. It is not up to our development and fitness couches to mould him into a faster, more skilled version of Cripps. People may feel I'm putting undue pressure on him but he has only recent had a growth spurt so is still learning how to use his size and when he is coached to break into space more and use his long kicks....very exciting prospect.

I hope the team gets him up to talk about his mums and make him feel completely accepted and embraced by the club. With confidence and support, they'll be no stopping this Bull!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back