Player Watch #26 Riley Collier-Dawkins

My name geoff

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Mind telling us what they are ?? Apart from his tank he has great speed agility and able to win his own ball
Can play foward & Midfield and is 193cm and 91 kgs

What you believe his deficiencies are compared to say Stocker or even better Cripps as a 18 year old draftee

If memory serves me correctly Cripps during his draft year was the top inside mid in the u18 champs. WA Captain and All-Australian, pretty well was performing in the same manner he does now.

The knock on him was pace, but the thing with Cripps is that he grew from 187-188cm in the u18s to 195cm now.

It wasn’t so much that recruiters were hopeful he would eventually develop into a player because of his size, he was already a dominant mid who just kept growing. Kind of the opposite to RCD

Rich01

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 5, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond
If memory serves me correctly Cripps during his draft year was the top inside mid in the u18 champs. WA Captain and All-Australian, pretty well was performing in the same manner he does now.

The knock on him was pace, but the thing with Cripps is that he grew from 187-188cm in the u18s to 195cm now.

It wasn’t so much that recruiters were hopeful he would eventually develop into a player because of his size, he was already a dominant mid who just kept growing. Kind of the opposite to RCD
Yep. RCD looks more of a Bontempelli type than a Cripps type. Particularly when you look at the stats and the playing styles of each coming out of junior footy.

Hopefully he can follow Bonts trajectory.
Could be an absolute heist at pick 20.

My name geoff

Premiership Player
Jul 2, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Yep. RCD looks more of a Bontempelli type than a Cripps type. Particularly when you look at the stats and the playing styles of each coming out of junior footy.

Hopefully he can follow Bonts trajectory.
Could be an absolute heist at pick 20.

Definitely see a bontempelli type over Cripps in RCD. Has that x-factor. Even see a bit of Clayton Oliver in his size and movement.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
The part of his game that reminds me of cripps is the way he gets the ball and stands upright in tackles whilst using his arms up high to dispose of the ball to a team mate, RCD clearly has a better burst of speed which he uses to run out of packs which cripps doesnt have, There are even parts that touch on Fyfe like traits but the size , speed and ability to take the ball from packs is whats so exciting for me.

I just love that strong big mid with pace

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Let's add another name to that list THE_GUN.

Former SA U18 captain Callum Coleman-Jones.

Kinda looks like him too (RCD more baby faced and slightly more curly haired.)
We have more captains at Richmond than we have members these days , Every player was captain somewhere at sometime

Except poor Dusty he doesnt give a F about being captain

Let's add another name to that list THE_GUN.

Former SA U18 captain Callum Coleman-Jones.

Kinda looks like him too (RCD more baby faced and slightly more curly haired.)

I like that...RCD The baby faced destroyer/killer/............assassin:p

Last edited:

Ceehook

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
We have more captains at Richmond than we have members these days , Every player was captain somewhere at sometime

Except poor Dusty he doesnt give a F about being captain

he mightn't act like a captain in terms of addressing players out on the ground

but he plays like a captain injecting himself into the game when needed and deliberately dishing of plenty of ball inside the forward 50 bringing those players into the game and building their confidence and when things don't go his way not spitting the dummy

to me that's an onfield captain/leader

back to the new recruits with former captain against their name , hopefully that means they responsible bot onfield and off field !!!
the rise and rise of the Tiger Dynasty :)

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
he mightn't act like a captain in terms of addressing players out on the ground

but he plays like a captain injecting himself into the game when needed and deliberately dishing of plenty of ball inside the forward 50 bringing those players into the game and building their confidence and when things don't go his way not spitting the dummy

to me that's an onfield captain/leader

back to the new recruits with former captain against their name , hopefully that means they responsible bot onfield and off field !!!
the rise and rise of the Tiger Dynasty :)
Yeah that's one of a few things about Dusty i noticed but never seems to be highlighted...never see Dusty spit the dummy (same as Cotch!) onfield when play does'nt go his way or someone stuffs up...that's a great attribute to have when your as good a player as he is...can only inspire his teammates to try and make amends after a stuff up!...
PS...i tell a lie...once when dusty had his hand around demon player's neck...Nathan Jones...

DoItForCaptBlood

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2008
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
Yeah that's one of a few things about Dusty i noticed but never seems to be highlighted...never see Dusty spit the dummy (same as Cotch!) onfield when play does'nt go his way or someone stuffs up...that's a great attribute to have when your as good a player as he is...can only inspire his teammates to try and make amends after a stuff up!...
PS...i tell a lie...once when dusty had his hand around demon player's neck...Nathan Jones...
46445_130420f0bde16030085082583ef5ac7e.gif

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
God I love that gif. I hate Essendon and I hate Heppell.

Look at him trying to lip off with his marketable hair and Dusty just goes "nah **** you mate"
Hahahahahaaa, if Heppills hadn't taken his drugs he would not have moved so quickly when Dusty love tapped him...
Drug assisted dive...

it will be interesting to see how many games he plays in 2019, if any

I don't think he will play any games in 2019, simply due to his growth spurt he is still trying to work out his new size and how to best use it.

let him develop for a year in the VFL I reckon, no rush to bring him in unless his form says otherwise.

Dec 5, 2012
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Knicks, Giants
I don't think he will play any games in 2019, simply due to his growth spurt he is still trying to work out his new size and how to best use it.

let him develop for a year in the VFL I reckon, no rush to bring him in unless his form says otherwise.
I think its unlikely he plays but no doubt he will play if he is good enough

I think its unlikely he plays but no doubt he will play if he is good enough

we are in a good position where we don't have to rush new players in.

let them have some time to learn 'the richmond way' before exposing them, its things like that which were why teams like Hawthorn and Geelong were so good for so long.

having said all of that I'm really looking forward to seeing him play no matter what level it is.

I know we are a bit divided by the concept, but i reckon he is a lock for AFLX.

let them have some time to learn 'the richmond way' before exposing them, its things like that which were why teams like Hawthorn and Geelong were so good for so long.

having said all of that I'm really looking forward to seeing him play no matter what level it is.

Especially now we have Weller and caddy being pushed out of the forward line with lynch taking the that 2nd tall possy

From what I’ve seen of our draftees I think Ross might be suited to playing early as well

Can’t see dawks playing this year but I think it’s better in the long run for him

Oct 29, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond

Michaels would you agree though that we very well could be planning on giving game time in 2019 to debutant mids (e.g. 5-6 games) to build depth?

Back