Player Watch #26 Riley Collier-Dawkins

Remove this Banner Ad

Good points about Caddy. Big body which we need in the middle but don’t want to lose his ability at goal kicking. I think Kmac has the right body for the inside mid, but I don’t know if he has the footy IQ to get under packs and dish it out.

Still young and learning the trade...might suprise...

What benefit could being 195-196cm have being a midfielder , There is a limit to everything and being that big you will start to lose parts of your game that are just not suited to that height. 191-193 imo is big enough. Cripps is a freak at that size and there wouldnt be too many that could play that role at that size

Fyfe -190
Bont -193
yeo - 190
Dangerfield -189

What benefit could being 195-196cm have being a midfielder , There is a limit to everything and being that big you will start to lose parts of your game that are just not suited to that height. 191-193 imo is big enough. Cripps is a freak at that size and there wouldnt be too many that could play that role at that size

Fyfe -190
Bont -193
yeo - 190
Dangerfield -189
Well as long as you dont lose any agility, it's better ,as you have more size as they say.It also means you will outmark smaller opponents when you drift forward.

Fyfe -190
Bont -193
yeo - 190
Dangerfield -189
Cripps is a lumbering ball winner that has sheet disposal...

jack reckons hes ready to play senior footy

8714016-3x2-940x627.png

This kid will not play a senior game in 2019 and will be lucky to play a senior game in 2020. He’s not an immediate need and won’t be pushing anyone out. In fact i will go as far to say that right now Mav Weller will be ahead in the pecking order to play.
There’s no pressure to play this kid. Like Naish, Oleg, Garth, Butler, George, etc, they all did an apprenticeship and it serves them better in the long run. And i am very happy with that thought.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

This kid will not play a senior game in 2019 and will be lucky to play a senior game in 2020. He’s not an immediate need and won’t be pushing anyone out. In fact i will go as far to say that right now Mav Weller will be ahead in the pecking order to play.
There’s no pressure to play this kid. Like Naish, Oleg, Garth, Butler, George, etc, they all did an apprenticeship and it serves them better in the long run. And i am very happy with that thought.

Whilst we wont need to we will give games to the kids for 2 reasons

Give them a taste of where they need to be and rest the senior players along the way

If RCD starts to really get alot of the ball and is playing well at VFL then give him some games and rest players like Graham,Prestia,Cotchin,Grigg etc against
Gold Coast , St Kilda , Fremantle , Bulldogs etc

Whilst we wont need to we will give games to the kids for 2 reasons

Give them a taste of where they need to be and rest the senior players along the way

If RCD starts to really get alot of the ball and is playing well at VFL then give him some games and rest players like Graham,Prestia,Cotchin,Grigg etc against
Gold Coast , St Kilda , Fremantle , Bulldogs etc

The way the Tigers roll, i can’t see it happening. He’ll do an apprenticeship. There’s no one he will displace out of the midfield.

The way the Tigers roll, i can’t see it happening. He’ll do an apprenticeship. There’s no one he will displace out of the midfield.

Not saying he will play 10 games CB17 , Just saying he will get a taste and who knows what happens with injuries

Fyfe -190
Bont -193
yeo - 190
Dangerfield -189

Since you can’t dive on the ball anymore being a tall mid isn’t a handicap in stoppages. Tall mids like Fyfe and Cripps are able to rove the ball straight off the ruckmans hands while barely slowing down. RCD could be anything, or an utter bust, just my gut feel.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The key player in the game these days is mobile tall and strong. As long as decision making and execution is good.

I can see a time in the near future where teams will be made up of 2 mobile ruck sized monsters, 6 kpp close to 200cm, and 8-10 running/inside 193-195cm beasts. Small players (6-8 per side) will be limited to extractors and small fwds.

Look at players like Balta and RCD. its already starting.

Don't think Caddy is much of a mid or else he would have been played there more, even though he was needed forward. Next generation has to force their way in. Higgins especially looks a natural inside mid, even Rioli due to the fact that when he touches it, like Edwards, things happen. Grigg is better of in there than Caddy because he is a ball magnet (although with the pace of the game he might get found out this season). Martin will be almost full time mid, looks hungry. Prestia will get his first full preseason, and Ross already has the body and might do a Higgins. Short spells for Caddy through the midfield

Might not play midfield for some years but might get a gig later in the season running through the mid half forward line or wing. Might even play at HB for a bit. Looks a real talent, and the sort of talent that will thrive more at AFL than VFL, a bit like Rioli.

People were saying Higgins wouldn’t get a game in 2018 and he went on to play 20 games. If you’re on the list and you’re killing it in the twos and a spot opens up , then you’re a chance. RCD fits a need we lacked last year and will be an instant upgrade on the useless dud in Conca. I hope he gets at least 8-12 games minimum.

Hopefully he and the other kids put enough pressure too keep those in the senior side honest.Guys like McIntosh,Grigg & Graham.Pressure too keep your spot should keep everyone on their toes.

Ahhh yes the forgotten man, Weller..

People were saying Higgins wouldn’t get a game in 2018 and he went on to play 20 games. If you’re on the list and you’re killing it in the twos and a spot opens up , then you’re a chance. RCD fits a need we lacked last year and will be an instant upgrade on the useless dud in Conca. I hope he gets at least 8-12 games minimum.
I would hope they don't play RCD in Conca's place. Conca was a tackling inside mid who especially early in the season got his hands on the ball first and was our best tackler. I know you couldn't have him as a footballer and that is fair enough, but he was a reasonably hard. Reckon Jack Graham and Higgins will get Conca's gig. He'll be an outside player early on you'd think.

I would hope they don't play RCD in Conca's place. Conca was a tackling inside mid who especially early in the season got his hands on the ball first and was our best tackler. I know you couldn't have him as a footballer and that is fair enough, but he was a reasonably hard. Reckon Jack Graham and Higgins will get Conca's gig. He'll be an outside player early on you'd think.

Think it might be Graham with Weller taking the tagging/run with role that Graham was doing last year

Think it might be Graham with Weller taking the tagging/run with role that Graham was doing last year
I hope that Graham gets off the pressure acts gig, do not think it is helping his development as a player at all. We need a bull see ball get ball player, and Graham should be that guy. Weller may get games, preferably on a wing or something, although he has run with players before.

He won’t be playing Conca’s role as far as I’m concerned as Conca’s role was obsolete and useless to us bc of his poor skills and disposal. I want him to improve us in the midfield and not set us back. Playing Conca was always going to bite us on the arse and thank God Balme could see it by letting him loose to Sir Ross.

He won’t be playing Conca’s role as far as I’m concerned as Conca’s role was obsolete and useless to us bc of his poor skills and disposal. I want him to improve us in the midfield and not set us back. Playing Conca was always going to bite us on the arse and thank God Balme could see it by letting him loose to Sir Ross.
Conca was still our top tackler, like it or not, and yes his skill let us down but he played fairly tough. Down the track RCD will no doubt improve our midfield, but right now he's probably an outside player. I hope he does come in and play a midfield role, that would be amazing, but unlikely.

Yeah i'm not buying into this revisionist sheet either...Conca did play it tough and he did have a few disposal issues...tough T**ty for the VFL boys trying to dislodge him from the side...cos they were'nt good enough...
Ross and Conca will be a match made in heaven...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back