Player Watch #26 Riley Collier-Dawkins

Remove this Banner Ad

RCD has the highest ceiling out of all our players aged under 22 (along with Balta). From what I saw on the weekend is that he is still at least a year away from debuting but the foundation is definitely there. If Mason Cox can develop into a competent footballer then I have no doubt RCD will.

RCD has the highest ceiling out of all our players aged under 22 (along with Balta). From what I saw on the weekend is that he is still at least a year away from debuting but the foundation is definitely there. If Mason Cox can develop into a competent footballer then I have no doubt RCD will.
Cox isn't a competent footballer, he is just a tall bloke that can catch.

Last edited:
Wasnt too happy when we selected him...but...took time to watch the last Vfl match against PM and saw a few things that impressed. The lad showed inside grunt and quality extraction/clearance against men. Due to the position he plays he is unlikely to debut this year but I'm looking forward to seeing him grow and play in the firsts in 2020.

Wasnt too happy when we selected him...but...took time to watch the last Vfl match against PM and saw a few things that impressed. The lad showed inside grunt and quality extraction/clearance against men. Due to the position he plays he is unlikely to debut this year but I'm looking forward to seeing him grow and play in the firsts in 2020.
I think he will get a couple of games this year to give him a taste, Would need to adapt to VFL and start getting 20+ touches first though

He will adapt after a few games and learn the Richmond way

I think he will get a couple of games this year to give him a taste, Would need to adapt to VFL and start getting 20+ touches first though

He will adapt after a few games and learn the Richmond way
Had 18p last week , quite solid 2nd game at vfl , one he steps up consistently > 20p , he ll put his name up

The only thing that i dont like about RCD is that in every interview he mentions how tall he is and how much of an advantage it was in U18's
Who cares mate.
That wont get you far in the AFL.
We need to beat that out of him asap

a kid repeating the same things in media interviews, pre prepared answers, is an issue? probably should do a media course and get him hosting the 7 sports news instead of timmy watson :drunk:

The only thing that i dont like about RCD is that in every interview he mentions how tall he is and how much of an advantage it was in U18's
Who cares mate.
That wont get you far in the AFL.
We need to beat that out of him asap

No, one of the worst things about the AFL and clubs is they over police what players can and can’t say to the media.

It creates a league of robots, let them say what they want.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

With the bonus of Stack and Ross and the improvement in Bolton and Baker, RCD can develop with minimal pressure.
Long term gain, IMHO.
Spot on.
No pressure in the kid this year.
Imagine being drafted ti Richmond five years ago when we expected kids to be superstars immediatey?
Riley can now ply his trade and learn what he needs learn for all of 2019.
I love this club and what it has become.

RCD was very good against Casey,, he is tough never shirks the issue , reads the ball well, has great defensive attributes
Tracking along very nicely,,,in 2020 and onwards RCD and the 3 jacks, will rule our center square clearances

RCD was very good against Casey,, he is tough never shirks the issue , reads the ball well, has great defensive attributes
Tracking along very nicely,,,in 2020 and onwards RCD and the 3 jacks, will rule our center square clearances
The couple of times I’ve watched him this year the repeat efforts have not been there. When he does get near it he usually wins possession but the tank is not big enough yet to enable him to do that often enough to be getting mid 20s - 30s.
Bolton was much the same (albeit a different type) no tank burnt out in the first half but look at his work rate and possession rate now. I reckon we’ll see RCD track the same way

The couple of times I’ve watched him this year the repeat efforts have not been there. When he does get near it he usually wins possession but the tank is not big enough yet to enable him to do that often enough to be getting mid 20s - 30s.
Bolton was much the same (albeit a different type) no tank burnt out in the first half but look at his work rate and possession rate now. I reckon we’ll see RCD track the same way
His last quarters have all been his best in the 3 games so far,, so he does have a tank
But at the same time he doesn't have a tank,, not sure if that makes sense,,
He is playing a crash and bash style in the middle, so I'll cut him some slack there
Its his first season after all, I think he'll definitely be best 22 next year
With a few appearances this year

His last quarters have all been his best in the 3 games so far,, so he does have a tank
But at the same time he doesn't have a tank,, not sure if that makes sense,,
He is playing a crash and bash style in the middle, so I'll cut him some slack there
Its his first season after all, I think he'll definitely be best 22 next year
With a few appearances this year
Hope you’re right re best 22 next year, I reckon it may take a bit longer. One things for sure he’s in good hands our fitness team is first rate

Interesting you say that. Seems to be the case.

But if you read Konrad Marshall’s book, one of the key recruiting requirements for us is the player must be able to provide repeat high intensity effort aerobically.

We managed to get the Stackman up to speed pretty quickly and he came from a lot further back than RCD. That Don Hinch guy at full forward for us is getting there quickly too. No reason we cant get RCD into that consistent repeat space as well hopefully. We must have thought he’s capable you’d think.

Interesting you say that. Seems to be the case.

But if you read Konrad Marshall’s book, one of the key recruiting requirements for us is the player must be able to provide repeat high intensity effort aerobically.

We managed to get the Stackman up to speed pretty quickly and he came from a lot further back than RCD. That Don Hinch guy at full forward for us is getting there quickly too. No reason we cant get RCD into that consistent repeat space as well hopefully. We must have thought he’s capable you’d think.
Stacky’s issues were more attitude. The ability and athleticism were always there.

RCD will get there, but it’s hard to know how quickly. He wasn’t getting big numbers in junior football as a mid, so it’s unrealistic to think he’ll be able to do it immediately in VFL let alone AFL.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back