Player Watch #26 Riley Collier-Dawkins

Remove this Banner Ad

for me they are trying to make caddy a mid, never has been never will. he contests well forward thats about it. Ross is up and down. I like graham better anyways. its a juggling act but we are short on mids, bring the kid in this week?
Reckon Caddy, as good a player that he is struggles a bit for pace, which is exactly Graham's issue. He's a good wingman, but is Pickett better, probably not right now, but he once he finds his AFL legs which he is gradually doing, he probably is. Caddy's best spot has been taken by Lynch, second forward, and by MacIntosh's return to form.
Reckon Graham will struggle even more down the track than he is now due to wanting to get games into players like Ross, Bolton, Stack, RCD etc. Even now with our injuries they will possibly want to see what RCD can do over him, I hope so anyway. AFL is a tough business.

Whats the rush on this guy?

If he isnt ready then no point throwing him into the deep end, will do nothing for the kids confidence.

Can't believe he is getting s**t canned while in just his second season of AFL, yet the likes of Markov & Egg are older than him.

Too many impatient fans atm, I think the club has earnt a bit of slack to be honest.

Reckon Caddy, as good a player that he is struggles a bit for pace, which is exactly Graham's issue. He's a good wingman, but is Pickett better, probably not right now, but he once he finds his AFL legs which he is gradually doing, he probably is. Caddy's best spot has been taken by Lynch, second forward, and by MacIntosh's return to form.
Reckon Graham will struggle even more down the track than he is now due to wanting to get games into players like Ross, Bolton, Stack, RCD etc. Even now with our injuries they will possibly want to see what RCD can do over him, I hope so anyway. AFL is a tough business.
caddy is ok on the wing sometimes but he cant run to save himself. chol has provided that 3rd forward and I know who I would want. I reckon caddy is cooked actually for these reasons. graham is a tagger and can stop players.....but ross has not developed just yet.

caddy is ok on the wing sometimes but he cant run to save himself. chol has provided that 3rd forward and I know who I would want. I reckon caddy is cooked actually for these reasons. graham is a tagger and can stop players.....but ross has not developed just yet.
Ross is moving on each week. Going at 15 possessions a game since coming back and against very good midfields, Port, Dogs, GWS. We need a ball getting mid rather than a tagger with Prestia out and that isn't Graham, more so than a tagger.

Caddy was going ok before the injury, but the wings were open for the taking, not quite so now. Probably should cut him a bit of slack because he has been a good player over the years.

Ross is moving on each week. Going at 15 possessions a game since coming back and against very good midfields, Port, Dogs, GWS. We need a ball getting mid rather than a tagger with Prestia out and that isn't Graham, more so than a tagger.

Caddy was going ok before the injury, but the wings were open for the taking, not quite so now. Probably should cut him a bit of slack because he has been a good player over the years.
key comment over the years

CAddy will be better for the run, was actually running into reasonable form when he was inj , first game back , I’m not worried he won’t be dropped. I reckon George will be under pressure , was dead set woeful

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon he takes George’s spot this week
CAddy will be better for the run, was actually running into reasonable form when he was inj , first game back , I’m not worried he won’t be dropped. I reckon George will be under pressure , was dead set woeful
He only got 5 possessions because in the last Q they moved him up the ground. Had 1 possession to 3/4 time.

Won’t play this year and will melt again.

Reckon if we're a cert for finals and playing a weak team he might get a gig. Can't see him going against teams like Port or Brisbane, unless we've got huge injury problems.

is that you rcd? as an insidde mid which is what he is you would expect him to have a guenrnsey soon.....
Yes, I'm RCD, I joined this forum when I was 4 years old 🤦‍♂️

Here's a few quotes from some draft profiles on RCD

fox sports said:
Clubs drafting Collier-Dawkins wouldn’t be thinking for the now, but for the future. The tall inside midfielder is still raw in terms of his development, but he fits the ball of a modern-day prototype of tall inside midfielders in the Marcus Bontempelli and Patrick Cripps mould

afl.com.au said:
Bottom Line
You're not looking at the finished product just yet with Collier-Dawkins, which is the exciting part. There's so much scope for development with the 18-year-old that he could blossom in a full-time environment. You don't have to look hard to see moments in the clinches that will translate to the way AFL is played.

Callum Twomey said:
The midfielder is something of an 'upside' pick – he's shown some really exciting glimpses, including in the finals series for the Oakleigh Chargers, but hasn't been a huge ball-winner at TAC Cup level. He's a tall midfielder who is best at digging out the ball and feeding it off.

Just a few examples taken from a quick Google search.
We knew he was going to take time to develop into the player we think he can be

Whats the rush on this guy?

If he isnt ready then no point throwing him into the deep end, will do nothing for the kids confidence.

Can't believe he is getting sh*t canned while in just his second season of AFL, yet the likes of Markov & Egg are older than him.

Too many impatient fans atm, I think the club has earnt a bit of slack to be honest.
No rush but I reckon give him one or two games just to hand his hat on something going into another pre-season.

This week would be perfect.

Yes, I'm RCD, I joined this forum when I was 4 years old 🤦‍♂️

Here's a few quotes from some draft profiles on RCD

Just a few examples taken from a quick Google search.
We knew he was going to take time to develop into the player we think he can be
But he hasn't taken a while to develop, he and Pickett were the best two players in the finals series in the VFL. His two goals in the final were clinch goals that really won us the game. He played inside mid pretty much the whole year as a skinny 18 year old, not many draftee's are doing that. Most play on the flank unless they are build like Graham or Ross. If Ross hadn't been so good when he came in, RCD would have debuted by now no problem. He is ready, but due to the circumstances of the season he will now be underdone most likely. Still worth a shot this week for me against GC.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back