Player Watch #26 Riley Collier-Dawkins

Remove this Banner Ad

But he hasn't taken a while to develop, he and Pickett were the best two players in the finals series in the VFL. His two goals in the final were clinch goals that really won us the game. He played inside mid pretty much the whole year as a skinny 18 year old, not many draftee's are doing that. Most play on the flank unless they are build like Graham or Ross. If Ross hadn't been so good when he came in, RCD would have debuted by now no problem. He is ready, but due to the circumstances of the season he will now be underdone most likely. Still worth a shot this week for me against GC.

I'd go with Adelaide actually.

GC are too good to take easily.

Play 2 mums instead of Cotch against the Crows. Nice introduction to the AFL. Reward for effort and shouldn't impact the result.

Play 2 mums instead of Cotch against the Crows. Nice introduction to the AFL. Reward for effort and shouldn't impact the result.
If Stack went from mid to half back for DES and RCD went into the middle, I don't you would lose anything as I think his size would compliment our midfield better than Stacks.

If Stack went from mid to half back for DES and RCD went into the middle, I don't you would lose anything as I think his size would compliment our midfield better than Stacks.

I don't disagree. I just think that if we are managing Cotch then playing GC is the goal. And I'd rather like for like. The Egg being dropped is always on the cards and would do it quite well.

But I'd like to play Stack in the middle as much as possible. That's his long term spot. A midfield with Stack and Shai is always going to cause problems. Just need some size around them. So developing RCD to be that bash and crash monster. And if we can get it right we get a tearaway, break them open player with RCD as well.

We'll see what they do. It might be that we are easing Shedda back in versus Adelaide, which would be fine.

No rush but I reckon give him one or two games just to hand his hat on something going into another pre-season.

This week would be perfect.
Against Shambleaide would be ideal.
Play him on Tex.

I don't disagree. I just think that if we are managing Cotch then playing GC is the goal. And I'd rather like for like. The Egg being dropped is always on the cards and would do it quite well.

But I'd like to play Stack in the middle as much as possible. That's his long term spot. A midfield with Stack and Shai is always going to cause problems. Just need some size around them. So developing RCD to be that bash and crash monster. And if we can get it right we get a tearaway, break them open player with RCD as well.

We'll see what they do. It might be that we are easing Shedda back in versus Adelaide, which would be fine.
No hurry with Stack in the middle. Looking at it from a medium term, Martin, Prestia, Cotchin, Edwards, Bolton, Lambert are all in front of him there. At HB reckon he was better than Short and not far behind Houli last season. Think he needs to settle for a year or so. Would also be a great wingman with more fitness.

No hurry with Stack in the middle. Looking at it from a medium term, Martin, Prestia, Cotchin, Edwards, Bolton, Lambert are all in front of him there. At HB reckon he was better than Short and not far behind Houli last season. Think he needs to settle for a year or so. Would also be a great wingman with more fitness.

Stack is like Balta. Innately a backman with extras. Even like a Laird if anyone saw him terrorise the pies last night in the middle. I would let Stack settle down back and from there maybe half forward in a swing role. Every person is different in my book. I do not see Stack necessarily as a inside mid or even a winger. Everyone has their own attributes with strengths and weaknesses which makes them more suitable to specific roles and positions usually.

I would even start thinking of rotating Stack, Castagna and even possibly Short between half back and half forward for our versatility, their growth and development and to suit our matchups

Stack is like Balta. Innately a backman with extras. Even like a Laird if anyone saw him terrorise the pies last night in the middle. I would let Stack settle down back and from there maybe half forward in a swing role. Every person is different in my book. I do not see Stack necessarily as a inside mid or even a winger. Everyone has their own attributes with strengths and weaknesses which makes them more suitable to specific roles and positions usually
Nothing wrong with being a wingman, seems to be an old fashioned position (maybe it literally will be in a year or so), but Stack reminds me of Winmar, who right now I'd love to have on a wing. Likes a bit of space and delivers the ball so well.

Nothing wrong with being a wingman, seems to be an old fashioned position (maybe it literally will be in a year or so), but Stack reminds me of Winmar, who right now I'd love to have on a wing. Likes a bit of space and delivers the ball so well.

I saw Winmar more inside but Winmar was a gun and 4 cm taller and played more upright. I think we need to ease the pressure of young Stacky at the moment. He has shown flashes but is still yet to settle in a role but is the sort of player that would compliment Balta in defence

I saw Winmar more inside but Winmar was a gun and 4 cm taller and played more upright. I think we need to ease the pressure of young Stacky at the moment. He has shown flashes but is still yet to settle in a role but is the sort of player that would compliment Balta in defence
I have no doubts that Stack will be a gun. Yes Winmar was a bit more upright, but the smooth moving and slicing was what I was talking about. Not wing now, agree in defence, but down the track.

I have no doubts that Stack will be a gun. Yes Winmar was a bit more upright, but the smooth moving and slicing was what I was talking about. Not wing now, agree in defence, but down the track.

I was listening to Johnathan Brown on the couch last night talking about Menagola and other bigger wings of Geelong and their coverage and reach. I think Johnathan and I see eye to eye on a lot of things footy related

for me they are trying to make caddy a mid, never has been never will. he contests well forward thats about it. Ross is up and down. I like graham better anyways. its a juggling act but we are short on mids, bring the kid in this week?
He was for geelong in 2015 & 2016. Did well there, particularly in 2015. No so much now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should definitely play either RCD or Dow against Crows. Would almost like them to play both; but wouldn't want them risking being the only team to lose to them this year.

Should definitely play either RCD or Dow against Crows. Would almost like them to play both; but wouldn't want them risking being the only team to lose to them this year.

Agree. Probably RCD because he's been here longer.

Play Dow against another team if need be.

Read that Carlton's Dow was best on in an intra-club in the reserves, so that must mean our boys are also playing some of these games as well. So they must be slightly match ready at least.

Blooding players against the Crows will give them a false sense of security about what AFL is

Remove this Banner Ad

Back