Player Watch #26 Riley Collier-Dawkins

Welcome to Richmond Riley Collier-Dawkins who was selected with pick 20 in the draft.

Very excited he slipped to our pick, seems like a great kid.

Everyone get behind him and welcome him to the club!

rcd.jpg

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/af...k=4ee9ccedf81c08e5550e3d9fb1f9a6af-1542880965

AFL Draft Central:
#12 Riley Collier-Dawkins (Oakleigh Chargers/Vic Metro)

Unlike some of the other midfielders in the first round, Collier-Dawkins does not have the consistency, but what he does have is the upside. He is that prototype midfielder, built like Patrick Cripps but with Adam Treloar’s burst speed. He is not a huge accumulator of the football, but he can certainly do some amazing things with it, and he has a long, penetrating kick which he uses when up forward or bursting out of a stoppage. He needs to show it on a more consistent basis, but his hurt factor and upside is as good as anyone in the draft. He is a long-term prospect who fans will enjoy watching over the years.

Knightmare:
Player Focus

Potential first-round choice, Oakleigh's Riley Collier-Dawkins was the standout for Vic Metro's Under-18s in their win against the Allies. It was the work of the 194cm, 88kg, midfielder at centre bounces that was most impressive. Collier-Dawkins regularly won first possession, taking a run up and with perfect timing winning the ball on the move and exploding forward at speed.

The explosive midfielder secured 16 disposals, 10 contested possessions, five clearances, seven inside 50s and two goals on the day.

Both of Collier-Dawkins' goals came from 50m on the move. His most notable goal came off a handball receive where he accelerated 25m through the centre before slotting the goal effortlessly at speed.

Adding to the intrigue surrounding Collier-Dawkins is his growth over the off-season where he shot up a reported 6cm.

Collier-Dawkins' game bares strong similarities to Marcus Bontempelli as a tall, explosive midfielder who has a high impact per possession and does his best work in contested situations. To improve his draft stocks, he will need to become a higher volume ball winner as he is only averaging 19.7 disposals per game.

Last edited:
Stoked with R C-D.
Best available at that pick.
I would have had him going at 15.
Big bodied mid ready to go.
Couldn't be happier.
Was the player I wanted pre draft.

Interesting pick Welcome RC-D-------could be anything by the looks of him & listed at 91kg ???!!!

We have our big midfielder comparisons to Bont and Cripps and handballs like Oliver could be anything this kid

High risk high reward could be best player in comp or an utter spud welcome to tigerland

Absolutely wrapped with this guy

Possible nickname 2mums

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Woul be tempting but I hope nobody calls him that.
His situation should be celebrated not turned into a mockery,
(i know you didn't mean it tat way)

Woul be tempting but I hope nobody calls him that.
His situation should be celebrated not turned into a mockery,
(i know you didn't mean it tat way)
Not like it’s a new thing or a big deal anyway. Callan Ward is the same.

I was all over the stoker train but geeze checking out this kids highlights I’m sold

Some great hard tackles and hard running through players
With comparisons to bont and Cripps what’s not to like

Not like it’s a new thing or a big deal anyway. Callan Ward is the same.
Didn't realise that. Callan is a good man.
It will become more and more normal in time anyway.
Not that it isn't already normal f you know what I mean.
Get around him.

Back