Player Watch #26 Riley Collier-Dawkins

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Just thinking about the talent on the list that are not best 22 and the amount of X factor type players is fantastic, Going back 5 years ago i was always complaining about the vanilla types we were recruiting and had no speed and looked like just workman and would never become more

Balta , Bolton , RCD , Higgins , Moore plus the ones that are already best 22

If only we could somehow make Cotchin,Rance,Dusty,Riewoldt 5 years younger

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Just thinking about the talent on the list that are not best 22 and the amount of X factor type players is fantastic, Going back 5 years ago i was always complaining about the vanilla types we were recruiting and had no speed and looked like just workman and would never become more

I'd even be happy with just 1 year younger...

and our salary cap 20% higher :D:D

Oct 14, 2012
Goldfingers
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Anything involving CROATIA & M.City
I'd even be happy with just 1 year younger...
Last season was a lost season unfortunately.
We should be sitting pretty at 2 flags with this current crop. 2 flags and hopefully a 3rd and the age of the players would be justified be the success.

Its a real shame.

Heres hoping we go all the way this year and next.
3 flags and 4 years would be the bomb and is a real possibility.

Infamy

🐯🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Oct 1, 2004
Melbourne, VIC
AFL Club
Richmond
We should be sitting pretty at 2 flags with this current crop. 2 flags and hopefully a 3rd and the age of the players would be justified be the success.

Its a real shame.
In hindsight maybe, but we did come from nowhere to win in 2017
After 2016 you would never have made that comment about the coming 2 years

Oct 14, 2012
Goldfingers
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Anything involving CROATIA & M.City
In hindsight maybe, but we did come from nowhere to win in 2017
After 2016 you would never have made that comment about the coming 2 years
I have been saying next year we are gonna win the flag for the last 35 years.

Just as a side note, I would love to see the unedited vision of the Richmond recruiting room for the entire duration of the first night of the draft.

It will never be released, but would be interesting to see the discussions that took place in your room throughout the night.

I reckon at some point we would hear Blair Hartley putting on his best Basil voice " Here comes SOS....." to fits of laughter.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets

Its a real shame.

Heres hoping we go all the way this year and next.
3 flags and 4 years would be the bomb and is a real possibility.
2 flags in one period is enormous, most clubs are lucky to get 1. If we win 1 in the next 2-3 years this list is completely justified as are our club champions Riewoldt, Rance, Martin, Cotchin.

Ancient Tiger

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Sep 18, 2007
Richmond
AFL Club
Richmond
2 flags in one period is enormous, most clubs are lucky to get 1. If we win 1 in the next 2-3 years this list is completely justified as are our club champions Riewoldt, Rance, Martin, Cotchin.
TBH, even one is amazing. Just ask St Kilda.... .

Ceehook

Club Legend
Oct 3, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Have we won 2019 yet?
love it , this time of year , every club was the best few picks out of the draft and every other club has duds

a few years back I did an exercise of look at past drafts and used games played and brownlow votes as measures
picks 1-10 did better than picks 11-20 which did better than picks 21-30 etc etc

a der or lol moment

but then look at picks 1-10 , over time plenty of duds or just a tad disappointing picks taken in the top 10 , think Jack Watts , Richard Tambling ...

what that told me was the effort put in by all 18 clubs does identify talent because of how the blocks of 10 picks were better than the one below
but there is a random element or element of mystery/uncertainty/speculation about each pick

I thought Jayden Post was going to be a winner when we first drafted him , oh dear got that wrong

We seemed to be getting more right and our misses are closer misses of recent times

I like the little hooks with this crop AA , good combine results for speed, B&F , captain ...
slipped in the draft due to games missed when injured ...

I look forward to watching them in 2019 while still keeping an eye on Balta & CCJ
but we have to be realistic they might not yield any brownlow medals like our high draft picks of Cotch & dusty

love it , this time of year , every club was the best few picks out of the draft and every other club has duds

a few years back I did an exercise of look at past drafts and used games played and brownlow votes as measures
picks 1-10 did better than picks 11-20 which did better than picks 21-30 etc etc

a der or lol moment

but then look at picks 1-10 , over time plenty of duds or just a tad disappointing picks taken in the top 10 , think Jack Watts , Richard Tambling ...

what that told me was the effort put in by all 18 clubs does identify talent because of how the blocks of 10 picks were better than the one below
but there is a random element or element of mystery/uncertainty/speculation about each pick

I thought Jayden Post was going to be a winner when we first drafted him , oh dear got that wrong

We seemed to be getting more right and our misses are closer misses of recent times

I like the little hooks with this crop AA , good combine results for speed, B&F , captain ...
slipped in the draft due to games missed when injured ...

I look forward to watching them in 2019 while still keeping an eye on Balta & CCJ
but we have to be realistic they might not yield any brownlow medals like our high draft picks of Cotch & dusty

Amazing what happens when you invest in a proper professional list management department.

Not surprised we got so many picks wrong when you consider we had a head recruiter who wasn't even full time and a few "scouts" not that long ago.

JAKLAUGHING

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Amazing what happens when you invest in a proper professional list management department.

Not surprised we got so many picks wrong when you consider we had a head recruiter who wasn't even full time and a few "scouts" not that long ago.
Has made a really big difference in our playing list/depth...

Aug 30, 2011
kensington
AFL Club
Richmond
You are correct the entire version wont ever be released but the people who were at the pre draft night were informed on the group of players we would be looking at and expected to be around our picks.

We were pleasantly surprised with RCD & Turner , as well as rushing to get Stack to the club once the drafts were finished

Do you remember the one when they talked about Luke Parker? Then come draft night we over look him for Conca, which was dumb, and then passed him again for Jake Batchelor...fmd.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back