Player Watch #26 Riley Collier-Dawkins

Jul 8, 2017
AFL Club
Richmond
Our midfield is good relative to the competition, but it is weak compared to our defence and forward line since they are elite and I don’t think our midfield as a whole is. Hence, I’d like to see a bit of change in it heading towards next year just so that we can continue to build on the last two years.

The key is for Caddy to step up in the midfield. His position in the forward line can be filled (as opposed to someone like Vlastuin leaving to the midfield as he’s crucial in defence). He is the remaining piece of the midfield puzzle. If he does come through like we are hoping he will, then we’ll have Cotchin, Dustin Martin, Prestia and Caddy as our capable players on the inside. C’mon Caddy, show us what we think you are capable of.
If Presty can stay fit the full year it will make a huge difference.

Couldn’t agree more with both paragraphs
I want to see caddy in the middle using his size to bully the opp players and winning that hard ball
We have lacked a genuine big bodyied mids for years and until dawks is ready it’s caddy’s spot

1eae1392b70f0164efd741fd04a3895e

Mickyp81

Debutant
Jul 9, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Couldn’t agree more with both paragraphs
I want to see caddy in the middle using his size to bully the opp players and winning that hard ball
We have lacked a genuine big bodyied mids for years and until dawks is ready it’s caddy’s spot

I’d like to see Grigg go inside, and Balta play outside as a wingman.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Aug 30, 2011
kensington
AFL Club
Richmond
Interesting that now the trend is to find a tall bull to plough the ball at stoppages. Fyfe, Cripps & Bont....funny that we had Tucky for so long doing the same thing yet he was never recognised as such.

You could still dive on the ball when Tuck was playing. He’s a be a star with the current stoppage rules.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Royce Hafey

Premiership Player
Mar 6, 2013
Point Cook
AFL Club
Richmond
Interesting that now the trend is to find a tall bull to plough the ball at stoppages. Fyfe, Cripps & Bont....funny that we had Tucky for so long doing the same thing yet he was never recognised as such.
Losing him and Jacko unbalanced our midfield - relying on two small bodies in Miles and Cotchin to do all the inside work. Main reason for our underperformance in finals in 2014 and 2015.

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
And going to the draft looking for big bodies mids shows they might have realised it.
Kudos to our recruiting team.
Last year we went all out for talls.
This year with so many inside bulls we loaded up.
Wonder what types we're eyeing off this year.:think:

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
I would like Caddy to stay predominately in the forward pocket.His goal accuracy from tough angles is second to none, he also provides good tackling pressure.I would use Kmac, Rioli and Higgins in the mid.Kmac is a big body who can find the ball and dish it out quickly. Caddy can give Dusty a chop in the midfield now and then .I think Dusty will play less time forward once Lynch is ready.

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Kudos to our recruiting team.
Last year we went all out for talls.
This year with so many inside bulls we loaded up.
Wonder what types we're eyeing off this year.:think:
I would say we definitely go best available with our 1st selection if we dont trade it , Wouldnt surprise me if we did trade for an established player like Hopper or Brodie just to get that extra depth and experience. after that we would probably be looking at a couple of taller Kpp imo and an outside running player similar to Turner

I would like Caddy to stay predominately in the forward pocket.His goal accuracy from tough angles is second to none, he also provides good tackling pressure.I would use Kmac, Rioli and Higgins in the mid.Kmac is a big body who can find the ball and dish it out quickly. Caddy can give Dusty a chop in the midfield now and then .I think Dusty will play less time forward once Lynch is ready.

I wouldnt mind seeing Caddy getting more midfield time , Its an area that we need more depth and with Lynch we can afford to use him more in the midfield - He may just surprise a few

I would say we definitely go best available with our 1st selection if we dont trade it , Wouldnt surprise me if we did trade for an established player like Hopper or Brodie just to get that extra depth and experience. after that we would probably be looking at a couple of taller Kpp imo and an outside running player similar to Turner

I wouldnt mind seeing Caddy getting more midfield time , Its an area that we need more depth and with Lynch we can afford to use him more in the midfield - He may just surprise a few
i just can't see Caddy in the centre much as he's tooooo slow

I think they got mix in his last year at the cats (caddy)
Seemed to play 70% mid 30% fwd

Could be handy having dusty, cads and higgo just rotating between mid and fwd with two of the 3 always at a stoppage

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Not sure we'd have the cap too go after someone like Hopper,Brodie maybe but if we are to target someone i hope its Cerra.

Jul 3, 2008
eastern-most tiger in the nation
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Abers
Good points about Caddy. Big body which we need in the middle but don’t want to lose his ability at goal kicking. I think Kmac has the right body for the inside mid, but I don’t know if he has the footy IQ to get under packs and dish it out.

Back