Player Watch #26 Riley Collier-Dawkins

I’d go as far as saying blues would have made finals with Ellis and butler , cost them nothing. From memory talk of these 2 caused a rift with liddle and sos who preferred others . Not sure sos CV is that great tbh , that was a major blunder when you compare who else they bought in instead

SOS's CV isn't great. Highly valued players like O'Rourke, Jaksch, Sumner etc who were all busts for the Giants. His resumè at the Blues is not much better.

Feb 23, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
New York Jets
In hindsight I think we should have played him a few times this year even just to manage players here and there, you never know who might be needed to be called on in finals and just for his development and hunger, hes spent the year in the hub for not much reward.

SOS' resume only needs one line:
Recruited Lachie Plowman. Twice.

Plowman was a solid prospect. Couldn't get a decent run at it and was being played out of position. Is more suited to a Broad type role rather than the Grimes-esque role the Giants and Blues played him as. Sometimes found himself as a Full Back which is never his strong suit.

tigerfan1961

Premiership Player
Apr 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa, SF 49ers
Plowman was a solid prospect. Couldn't get a decent run at it and was being played out of position. Is more suited to a Broad type role rather than the Grimes-esque role the Giants and Blues played him as. Sometimes found himself as a Full Back which is never his strong suit.
Plays frightened a lot! Wouldn’t have him in my side ever, too soft for a supposed KPD. Massive SOS failure imo

Plays frightened a lot! Wouldn’t have him in my side ever, too soft for a supposed KPD. Massive SOS failure imo

Not a KPD. That's the point. He is a tall rebounder.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Realistically I think we see him feature predominantly next year. RCD and Dow will be our long term "engine room" players.
Lets hope the kid has some patience.

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Heard a solid whisper Ross and RCD have very little patience.

Maybe they have matured since then

The ccj saga may make them wake up

Isn't he a shi5 kick?

Kind of like McIntosh. Kicking looks awkward and sometimes prone to the odd error but for the most part, it is sound. It's not Saad/Treloar level bad, but it's not Bachar or Dusty level good.

Charlie Pannam

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 15, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
No way should we gift RCD or any other player games. We are not in that space.

Our focus should always be on winning every game, ensuring top 4 or Top 2 finish, therefore giving ourselves the best opportunity to win another Premiership. There’s no doubt a number of reasons he hasn’t played, including late season injury. But he’s been close.

Reckon all this social media sh!t about him wanting to leave is overstated. The media reports other clubs are interested so suddenly he wants out!!! Well it’s normal form for opposition clubs to come sniffing around when talented players are up for contract.

Aug 25, 2007
Geelong
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond VFL
Heard a solid whisper Ross and RCD have very little patience.

Maybe they have matured since then

The ccj saga may make them wake up

That's great that they're impatient, it shows they're confident and hungry to get in and prove themselves

Why are the nuffies on Facebook saying that RCD is unhappy at Richmond and wants to leave?

That's facebook for ya, one dimwit puts something on there and the rest of the dimwits believe it like it's from a reputable source.

That's great that they're impatient, it shows they're confident and hungry to get in and prove themselves

That's facebook for ya, one dimwit puts something on there and the rest of the dimwits believe it like it's from a reputable source.

RCD had come out in the preseason and stated that he was impatient last year and he thought that he would be getting a game. Mentioned that he had learnt and grown and understood that he had areas of him game that needed to be developed.

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
RCD had come out in the preseason and stated that he was impatient last year and he thought that he would be getting a game. Mentioned that he had learnt and grown and understood that he had areas of him game that needed to be developed.
As 90% of young players on the cusp and they are all impatient and reckon they should be getting a game. RCD has every right to think he deserves a game and has been mentioned all season by dimma as one almost there. But it doesn't always work that way especially right now with a week to go.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
As 90% of young players on the cusp and they are all impatient and reckon they should be getting a game. RCD has every right to think he deserves a game and has been mentioned all season by dimma as one almost there. But it doesn't always work that way especially right now with a week to go.

Exactly it sound like the kids are told they are ready to go by the junior clubs.

Quite often too they get a game if they are a high draft pick - the concept of earning it seems unfashionable

Ie. Carlton

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
He's shithouse.

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
Exactly it sound like the kids are told they are ready to go by the junior clubs.

Quite often too they get a game if they are a high draft pick - the concept of earning it seems unfashionable

Ie. Carlton
But many are ready to go, look at Ross last year. RCD looks ready now and if he was playing for Carlton you'd hate him lining up next to Cripps.

Mar 1, 2010
AFL Club
Richmond
But many are ready to go, look at Ross last year. RCD looks ready now and if he was playing for Carlton you'd hate him lining up next to Cripps.

Lol, I actually think RFC can get the most out of him. I am seeing centre, half back, CHB even a wing maybe.

RCD is clearly in our plans, it would be crazy for RCD and RFC to separate

Dec 28, 2007
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Richmond 2019 Premiers
Sure Richmond is keen, but after 2 seasons and no games he might be getting a little impatient. Who knows really.
He will get Games next year and specially if Graham is gone there will be chances for him to make a spot his

Dont get frustrated get Motivated

RCD is a player I really would hate to lose as he has a point of difference to the rest of our midfielders

Sooner RCD & Ralph Smith are regular best 22 players the better i will feel

tigerfan1961

Premiership Player
Apr 18, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Aston Villa, SF 49ers
He will get Games next year and specially if Graham is gone there will be chances for him to make a spot his

Dont get frustrated get Motivated

RCD is a player I really would hate to lose as he has a point of difference to the rest of our midfielders

Sooner RCD & Ralph Smith are regular best 22 players the better i will feel
you see the report on the scratch match on the club website? Was a glowing assessment of RCD👍 Gonna be a good player imo but we have to re-sign him. Saints trying to get him apparently

Back