Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

*en bullshit *en mc campaigners

only positive is that if we win the flag this year anyway it'll drive him to help us win it yet again

A highly talented kid who has had a history of getting ahead of himself gets dropped for a s**t performance.
The club is raising the expectation from him, playing when it suits him aint gunna cut it. They rested him concerned of burn out and then serving up last weeks effort was never gunna end well.

Just that he hurt his ankle and couldnt put weight on it. Wont hear anything until scans but doesnt look good

happened to me once and my ankle still hurt a year later and couldn't extend properly therefore sstack out for a year/won't be 100% for a year :mad:

You’re the childish one ......telling supporters to get over it

He is injured yet you take the high moral ground...ffs..really?

Did you bother to read the posts properly or just throwing your toys out of the cot cos the other children are?

My original post was in reference to him being dropped on form.

Secondly blaming the club for his injury is laughable and pathetic.

Get a grip ffs

Hope it's just a twisted ankle, and nothing serious.

Sometimes sh!t happens though

Hopefully. They’re saying it maybe syndesmosis which indicates it’s a high ankle sprain so odds don’t look good.

Incidentally what’s with all the syndesmosis ankle injuries lately? Can’t they just roll their ankles, swell and bruise up for a few days and be back in a week or two?

You can't blame the injury on playing in the VFL but the decision to drop him is still baffling..
Because he went out with a minor calf injury they rush him back clearly he was rusty & fumbling why did they rush him back than? how many poor games has Castagna had over the last 3 years and still held his spot?
Rioli and Bolton both have played worse games and stayed in the team which means he couldn't have possibly been dropped for form it doesn't make sense 1 bad game than omitted given he's whole year! On the AFL app he is rated in Richmond's top players maybe I'm reading too much into it but I'd love hear from Hardwick hopefully the commentators ask him before the match "What was the thinking with dropping Stack?" because i don't understand it.

If Sydney Stack is gone for the year. I'm telling you it's a massive loss he might only be a first year player but he is very confident player & has X-factor could have been huge in the finals.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Should never have been dropped to the VFL after one poor game. Either rest him or he plays AFL. Rubbish decision. If he's going to get injured at least let it be for the AFL team. If he's fit he plays if he needs a rest, rest him. FFS.

You can't blame the injury on playing in the VFL but the decision to drop him is still baffling..
Because he went out with a minor calf injury they rush him back clearly he was rusty & fumbling why did they rush him back than? how many poor games has Castagna had over the last 3 years and still held his spot?
Rioli and Bolton both have played worse games and stayed in the team which means he couldn't have possibly been dropped for form it doesn't make sense 1 bad game than omitted given he's whole year! On the AFL app he is rated in Richmond's top players maybe I'm reading too much into it but I'd love hear from Hardwick hopefully the commentators ask him before the match "What was the thinking with dropping Stack?" because i don't understand it.

If Sydney Stack is gone for the year. I'm telling you it's a massive loss he might only be a first year player but he is very confident player & has X-factor could have been huge in the finals.

I haven't seen footage but apparently Pickett is a 26 year old version(ish) of Stack

Reckon he could have easily been rested, sure, but if they were confident to bring him back to play ones, he wouldn't be unfit or ill-prepared. You don't give guys a rest because they play poorly. It wasn't a bad calf, it was a sore calf. Just seemed a little off against the Blues so understandably they let him get a bit of the footy in the twos before coming back in against the Lions - this was all going to plan. He is a confidence player and would be no good when down. For the first time, ankle injuries don't happen because of poor conditioning, its because someone lands awkwardly or treads on a foot or has their foot tread on. I don't get the bashing of the MC here, the club knows Stack better than we do. He's just unlucky that the injury happened now, it happens. Hopefully it's not too serious

Last week it was the MC's fault for bringing him back too soon. Now it's their fault for leaving him out.
If I get wet in the rain tomorrow they can get ****ed.
Seriously though this board is losing the plot lately. At half time it looked a master stroke dropping him back it was a kick up the arse and he was going to get 35 touches.
And to blame him getting injured on match committee :tearsofjoy:

Hopefully. They’re saying it maybe syndesmosis which indicates it’s a high ankle sprain so odds don’t look good.

Incidentally what’s with all the syndesmosis ankle injuries lately? Can’t they just roll their ankles, swell and bruise up for a few days and be back in a week or two?
I dunno , I’d never heard of the word until Selwood sustained this injury in 2017, incredible, fingers crossed fir the kid

A high ankle sprain, also known as a syndesmotic ankle sprain (SAS), is a sprain of the syndesmotic ligaments that connect the tibia and fibula in the lower leg, thereby creating a mortise and tenon joint for the ankle. ... They comprise approximately 15% of all ankle sprains.

They are a bit special aren't they!

Reckon he could have easily been rested, sure, but if they were confident to bring him back to play ones, he wouldn't be unfit or ill-prepared. You don't give guys a rest because they play poorly. It wasn't a bad calf, it was a sore calf. Just seemed a little off against the Blues so understandably they let him get a bit of the footy in the twos before coming back in against the Lions - this was all going to plan. He is a confidence player and would be no good when down. For the first time, ankle injuries don't happen because of poor conditioning, its because someone lands awkwardly or treads on a foot or has their foot tread on. I don't get the bashing of the MC here, the club knows Stack better than we do. He's just unlucky that the injury happened now, it happens. Hopefully it's not too serious
He needed to get his touch back after an average few weeks and fire up his confidence, 1/2 in with 15p and plan was working a treat , fingers crossed is ok

Remove this Banner Ad

Back