Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

It’s a real shame he won’t be right to play in the VFL this Sunday.

A big performance would’ve made it almost impossible not to select him.

If we’re able to beat the Cats on Friday night I’m just not sure how he’ll be able to break into a Grand Final team without playing a game in the lead up to the match. I’m absolutely devastated at the prospect of him potentially missing out on playing in a Grand Final but we seen in the preliminary final against Collingwood last year the risks that come with having unfit players in the team.
Have him as an emergency in the GF. I seem to recall Lambert came back from this injury last year and wasn't 100 percent

Interesting that he is a real chance for the VFL granny this weekend, needs to get through training today...

If he does he will be selected

Have him as an emergency in the GF. I seem to recall Lambert came back from this injury last year and wasn't 100 percent
Yep, Lambert was a week earlier with the surgery I think and as much as we all love Syd, he definitely doesn’t have the same fitness base as Lambert, not many do tbh.

Yep, Lambert was a week earlier with the surgery I think and as much as we all love Syd, he definitely doesn’t have the same fitness base as Lambert, not many do tbh.
Yes he might not have the fitness base but he has about 10x the natural talent and X factor..... he’s the type that could win us a grand final.

Interesting that he is a real chance for the VFL granny this weekend, needs to get through training today...

If he does he will be selected

Training Tomorrow. Interesting, he must’ve pulled up well from training on Wednesday which gives them the optimism that he can play vfl f he gets through training tomorrow (which I think he will)

he'd need to not only get through but do it well to even be considering for GF you'd think ....
Absolutely, he got 15 disposals in a half during the game he got injured, if he's able to do something even close to that then he puts himself in contention

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he plays the VFL Grand Final, you just know he is the type of player who could put in a BoG effort.

seems like the type of player who loves the big stage and will embrace the moment.

If nothing else he always seems to make positive things happen when he has the ball or is around the ball.

Absolutely, he got 15 disposals in a half during the game he got injured, if he's able to do something even close to that then he puts himself in contention

Not only that, he was a class above and was the type that got other people up around him. Plays better with better players.

He did get told off by Morro in that game for going backwards with a handball instead of forwards, took in on the chin.

Stacky a late in for the VFL Granny

Sydney Stack will play in Richmond’s VFL Grand Final against Williamstown on Sunday – if he can get through training on Friday.

An ankle injury has sidelined Stack since the Round 17 win over GWS, but coach Damien Hardwick remains hopeful of an AFL Grand Final return, if the Tigers can overcome Geelong in tomorrow night’s preliminary final.

The 19-year-old cult hero has been one of the finds of the season, placing third in the Rising Star award after he was overlooked in last year’s draft.

"He’ll train tomorrow so he’s a potential to play in the VFL Grand Final which is really exciting for us," Hardwick told reporters on Thursday.

“He trained on Tuesday and went really well so once again if he gets through Friday’s session, he will be able to play the Sunday game which is good.

When Hardwick was asked whether selecting Stack in a potential Grand Final would be a “roll of the dice”, he replied: “That’s a good question. I think I will cross that bridge when I get to it.”

“He is a great player, he is a big-game player, we know that. He is an exciting talent, but he is also coming off a pretty significant injury as well.”

Stack is averaging 17.2 disposals and 4.9 marks from his 17 senior matches in 2019.

Richmond is likely to go in unchanged against the Cats.

I had a dream last night that we torched the cats but Baker got injured, Stack came in for the granny, kicked a torp from midfield to seal the game and won the norm.
I had a dream I spent a whole week having passionate sex with all the victoria secret models in a luxury hotel in the Bahamas
I didn't leave the bedroom the whole week it was an amazing dream

STILL LOVE YOUR DREAM SO MUCH BETTER

I had a dream I spent a whole week having passionate sex with all the victoria secret models in a luxury hotel in the Bahamas
I didn't leave the bedroom the whole week it was an amazing dream

STILL LOVE YOUR DREAM SO MUCH BETTER

Was that the one where your mrs woke you up to change the sheets then you had to sleep on the couch

Remove this Banner Ad

Back