Richmond
Stacky elite and Walsh not

C397E239-AF45-41AB-BE69-CC068039D9EC.gif

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Stacky elite and Walsh not

Let’s get serious here. Taylor Walker, Daniel Rich, Mitch Robinson, Jarryd Lyons, Hugh Greenwood, Jeremy Finlayson, Ben McEvoy, Ricky Henderson, Paddy Ryder, Matthew Suckling, these guys are laughable on any list of the best 50 odd players in the comp. And Majak Daw is an elite defender....but Alex Rance is not. Hmmmm, ok we do like a good alternative view around here but fmd, by what warped reasoning could you possibly arrive at that gem of an assessment?

Last edited:
May 17, 2004
Punt Rd ‘17? ‘19?
AFL Club
Richmond
Let’s get serious here. Taylor Walker, Daniel Rich, Mitch Robinson, Jarryd Lyons, Hugh Greenwood, Jeremy Finlayson, Ben McEvoy, Ricky Henderson, Paddy Ryder, Matthew Suckling, these guys are laughable on any list of the best 50 odd players in the comp. And Majak Daw is an elite defender....but Alex Rance is not. Hmmmm, ok we do like a good alternative view around here but fmd, by what warped reasoning could you possibly arrive at that gem of an assessment?
Champion data is about as reliable as asking a bar fly at the Cricketers Arms to rank afl midfields (when coll are playing ) . Lol at 8 clubs being ahead of Richmond , incl ess and norf . Ask 18 coaches who they’d prefer , enuff said

Elite schmelite!!
It’s laughable but hey whatever gets the oppos hearts pumping. Got to keep everyone interested during summer. Me....I’ll be watching a replay of the prelim into the gf, knowing that we have Rance, Stack, Graham and Higgins still to squeeze into the team.

tony__montana

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 25, 2018
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Elite schmelite!!
It’s laughable but hey whatever gets the oppos hearts pumping. Got to keep everyone interested during summer. Me....I’ll be watching a replay of the prelim into the gf, knowing that we have Rance, Stack, Graham and Higgins still to squeeze into the team.

and Ross

Dragonfire

Senior List
Oct 5, 2004
Hell
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Tigers

mopsy

Premiership Player
Jan 1, 2005
Other Teams
RICHMOND
Caddy to the wing was an awesome move. Once he'd acclimatized he dominated. Tough nasty wings aren't around any more, so Cads could just basically work unmarked and do whatever he wanted.

Stack is similar in terms of talent (more than Caddy, but Cads is still very talented), hardness and impact. It would make for a dynamic, but not really hard running midfield. Over time I expect Stack to be a version of Sheds, less unbelievable but possible more rounded. Sheds is at his best when in the contested area and running. I reckon Sydney is fairly similar, he likes to be on the move, and loves the contest.

Very much looking forward to his 2020.
Its funny how people see things differently.
For me Caddy is one of the bigger disappointments at the club.Just my opinion but Caddy is taking a spot on the wing away from other players who are more suited to the role.Imo we have invented roles for him because he has been poor at what we got him for.

Back