Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Aug 30, 2011
kensington
AFL Club
Richmond
what matters is tigers lost twice and copped many goals

short is not only arguably the weak point of the back 6 but the team. feel free to pick a player and argue otherwise

the main bit of defending is the defensive bit an not shorts strong point. he is often exploited and targeted by the oppo - Cogs being simply too good for short yet another example. Baker and Short (and Stack) down there looks a bit dodgy for mine

Stack to me offers more in the 'lock down' capabilities and has more grunt. Even if like short, back line is not natural to them

Stack is a natural Backman. Played a lot as a junior.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
Stack is a natural Backman. Played a lot as a junior.

Stack is great in the backline. and forward.

however didnt his junior coach or something say he is a "natural inside mid" ?

itd be great to see him get an opportunity in his best role if he really is an inside mid. Hard to get a game there currently however - his junior highlights tapes he did some brilliant things in that mid role

Stack is great in the backline. and forward.

however didnt his junior coach or something say he is a "natural inside mid" ?

itd be great to see him get an opportunity in his best role if he really is an inside mid. Hard to get a game there currently however - his junior highlights tapes he did some brilliant things in that mid role

"You'll see a player that will be very hard at the contest, he physically loves the tough stuff," Sumich said about Stack.
"I don't know if he will play half back or half forward, but I think eventually he's a midfielder in the making."

Peter Sumich who was his coach in his draft year and one of his biggest advocates

stacks future is definitely in the middle imo

Aug 30, 2011
kensington
AFL Club
Richmond
"You'll see a player that will be very hard at the contest, he physically loves the tough stuff," Sumich said about Stack.
"I don't know if he will play half back or half forward, but I think eventually he's a midfielder in the making."

Peter Sumich who was his coach in his draft year and one of his biggest advocates

stacks future is definitely in the middle imo

Eventually. I think his tank will hold him back from being a full time mid for a few years. I see him playing half back and relief mid this “season”.

Eventually. I think his tank will hold him back from being a full time mid for a few years. I see him playing half back and relief mid this “season”.

100% it will definitely take a few seasons before we get to that point I think he will eventually play a role similar to Edwards does for us atm where we basically play him wherever we need him most at any given time

Concerned about the most in regards to the players having to adjust and train by themselves.
Some will find it easy,Some won't.
Stack is of most concern for me.
Thought about this as well
Can only hope he does the right thing by himself and the club
It’s possible the guys are still training in small groups so hopefully he has people around him that will keep him motivated also his girlfriend who is a very good sportsperson in her own right would keep him on his toes

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Thought about this as well
Can only hope he does the right thing by himself and the club
It’s possible the guys are still training in small groups so hopefully he has people around him that will keep him motivated also his girlfriend who is a very good sportsperson in her own right would keep him on his toes
If he gets over this hurdle then i think the club will have no worries with him down the track like they did last summer.

Why is Stack a concern? Has shown nothing but great character since he came to the club.
Not so much his character but more about self motivation
Especially being out of the club environment

it’s easy to get complacent not so much the first week or two but when it starts to get into a longer period of time

Grrr

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 16, 2009
mildura
AFL Club
Richmond
Not so much his character but more about self motivation
Especially being out of the club environment

it’s easy to get complacent not so much the first week or two but when it starts to get into a longer period of time
It's possible I guess for your players especially but the club will be vigilant about these things. It is quite deflating especially for young blokes after all the preseason to have it come to naught, but there are an awful lot of kids in the same boat. Stack seems to have a good head on his shoulders though.

1586263378949.png

This is why our players should not have girlfriends. Culture ruining. Wtf is that?
All the cool kids were doing that back in 2000-2001 when Eminem/Lose Yourself was massive.

Not such a great look now though

Back