Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Nov 24, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
How did he finish over 20 votes behind the winner laughable that is and even second place big difference don't worry about winning.Offcourse we couldn't have someone missed both drafts embarrassing the afl and winning it. Was always going to be the number 1 pick.Bunch of clowns to all involved.
Because Walsh had the best pre season by a first year on record? Don't get me wrong I wouldn't trade Stack for Walsh in a straight swap, but what Walsh did this season was nothing short of brilliant. Also, Rozee finished very strong. Ports highest goal kicker. Stack tapered off then got injured. Imagine hwat he could've done with a full pre season and left to settle in one position?

Correct top 3 IMO.

2017 draft

Higgins
Callum Coleman-Jones
Balta
Naish
Baker

2018 draft

Riley Collier-dawkins
Jack Ross
Sydney Stack
fraser Turner
Marlion Pickett

No wonder these flogs are jealous

Thatโ€™s a brilliant hit rate.

PetterdHoisted

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
Because Walsh had the best pre season by a first year on record? Don't get me wrong I wouldn't trade Stack for Walsh in a straight swap, but what Walsh did this season was nothing short of brilliant. Also, Rozee finished very strong. Ports highest goal kicker. Stack tapered off then got injured. Imagine hwat he could've done with a full pre season and left to settle in one position?

Correct top 3 IMO.
Yeah always hard to compare, Walsh played in an awful team so got maximum opportunity and generally you look that little bit better in comparison to the dross around you on a list like Carlton's. But can't fault his numbers, bit like Lids back in his first year, guaranteed to be a very good player at least.

Rozee I think might be the better player though, goal kicking nous, and superbly balanced.

Stack's versatility was exceptional, who slots into attack and defence, and excels, in the best side in the league (or top few side at least), ridiculous. The aerial marking, the massive bumps, just so many feathers to his bow.

Rozee first
Walsh/Stack equal second for mine

Feb 4, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Richmond
Stack got a bit sore/tired towards the end of the season I think, plus ran into some unsuitable wet and cold conditions.

If anyone else is better all round than Stack at his best they must be incredible because he plays near flawless footy, and in every respect, on ground, in the air, in straight lines or stepping around or through traffic, brilliant vision and disposal conception and execution, straight out fearless and also capable of hurting opponents physically within the rules, all done with high cruising speeds plus great explosion. Also done in attacking and defensive positions.

You try to think of other players in the competition who can do all of that....then add in the exceptional dancing ability in both popular and tribal formats, and his legendary dietary and culinary achievements and they will be making movies about this guy before his life is over, and he will likely star as himself as well.

No disrespect of the other excellent first year players meant, but you would not be giving this guy back for anyone. You would dearly love him to be available at his best in finals but hopefully a long and exciting career ahead for the man named after a late night driving incident involving Lance Franklin and about 14 stationary vehicles and some concomitant insurance firms...

Dr Awkward

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 23, 2009
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Thatโ€™s a brilliant hit rate.
It's very good I think we've been particularly good with the later pick ups over the past 5 years.

Not quite nailing the first rounders though. I think the jury is out on Collier Dawkins.

Last edited:
Yeah like i said no votes for Stack this year and none for Higgo last year.

Something fishy going on there
Aside from his own dented pride for not acknowledging him pre draft itโ€™s just more Geelong hatred.
You couldnโ€™t make up the Geelong stuff with us these days.

JAKLAUGHING

๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†๐Ÿ†
Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Stack got a bit sore/tired towards the end of the season I think, plus ran into some unsuitable wet and cold conditions.

If anyone else is better all round than Stack at his best they must be incredible because he plays near flawless footy, and in every respect, on ground, in the air, in straight lines or stepping around or through traffic, brilliant vision and disposal conception and execution, straight out fearless and also capable of hurting opponents physically within the rules, all done with high cruising speeds plus great explosion. Also done in attacking and defensive positions.

You try to think of other players in the competition who can do all of that....then add in the exceptional dancing ability in both popular and tribal formats, and his legendary dietary and culinary achievements and they will be making movies about this guy before his life is over, and he will likely star as himself as well.

No disrespect of the other excellent first year players meant, but you would not be giving this guy back for anyone. You would dearly love him to be available at his best in finals but hopefully a long and exciting career ahead for the man named after a late night driving incident involving Lance Franklin and about 14 stationary vehicles and some concomitant insurance firms...
af98c-this.gif

Socrates2

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 11, 2015
AFL Club
Richmond
I called for Stack to get a rest in my Richmond Vs North Melbourne preview and was laughed down. He didn't have a proper pre-season and should have been managed better imo. Also , Stack should never play reserves again, it's like putting a rolls royce in a cow paddock and employing 20 spuds to hack at him. People who state that Stack wasn't managed as well as he could have been have every right to make that case.

DoItForCaptBlood

Premiership Player
Sep 8, 2008
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Richmond
I called for Stack to get a rest in my Richmond Vs North Melbourne preview and was laughed down. He didn't have a proper pre-season and should have been managed better imo. Also , Stack should never play reserves again, it's like putting a rolls royce in a cow paddock and employing 20 spuds to hack at him. People who state that Stack wasn't managed as well as he could have been have every right to make that case.
Although I agree in part, he is a 1st year kid and that sort of treatment is reserved for Cotch/Dusty level of player.

2017 draft

Higgins
Callum Coleman-Jones
Balta
Naish
Baker

2018 draft

Riley Collier-dawkins
Jack Ross
Sydney Stack
fraser Turner
Marlion Pickett

No wonder these flogs are jealous
Im not sure why i just get a feeling Luke English could be a very good player for us also

JAKLAUGHING

Nov 20, 2008
Vilnius
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
TASMANIAN DEBILS!!!
Totally agree... :thumbsu: :heartpulse: :thumbsu:

Tiger_Of_Old

Nov 23, 2000
Country Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Maybe you should take a stroll across these cow paddocks.

Jun 18, 2007
Top of the tree
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
#VICBIAS
Because Walsh had the best pre season by a first year on record?
No, he didn't, he had the most disposals. He didn't have a better first year than John Coleman, or Richo, or Ben Hart (AA in his first year), or Selwood. It was no better than Lids' or Haselby's first year.

mopsy

Premiership Player
Jan 1, 2005
Other Teams
RICHMOND
Shame he is injured. For me he is best 22 especially when in the back half.If we develop a tall kpd in the ones as we should do there probably wont be a spot with a backline of

Grimes - Astbury - Rance
Vlastuin - Balta - Houli/Stack

If thats the case i hope he works hard on building a much bigger motor so he can play mostly midfield.imo we sure could do with a bit more hardness in the team.

Back