Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

I had a dream I spent a whole week having passionate sex with all the victoria secret models in a luxury hotel in the Bahamas
I didn't leave the bedroom the whole week it was an amazing dream

STILL LOVE YOUR DREAM SO MUCH BETTER
I had the same dream, except I was awake and had my ipad on with about 20 tabs going once

If he plays well, I’d look at replacing Rioli. Danny is badly out of form. Has been all year. Totally missing last night again. Yeah ok he got on the end of a couple against the Bears but he only had 7 disposals. Didn’t have one touch until half way through the second quarter in that game.

Had just 2 kicks last night.

Dimma won’t drop him but geez I hope he has more impact next week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If he plays well, I’d look at replacing Rioli. Danny is badly out of form. Has been all year. Totally missing last night again. Yeah ok he got on the end of a couple against the Bears but he only had 7 disposals. Didn’t have one touch until half way through the second quarter in that game.

Had just 2 kicks last night.

Dimma won’t drop him but geez I hope he has more impact next week.

Id play Stack AND Rioli

As fate would have it, only hours after the tumbleweeds blew through that Perth room after last November’s draft, Richmond list boss Blair Hartley was on the phone with a proposition.
Richmond was exactly the kind of club with a tolerance to the kind of risk Stack represented — if he could prove himself over a summer.
He literally proved it by vomiting all over Punt Rd, cementing him as a defensive star-in-the making.
Ask his defensive coach Justin Leppitsch why the inside midfielder was repurposed as a small defender and he references those long summer training sessions.
“The back story is that when he rocked up at training he didn’t go 20 minutes without a spew. We learnt pretty quickly he didn’t have the endurance to cut it in the midfield so we put him back,” Leppitsch told the Herald Sun this week.
Tigers assistant coach Xavier Clarke, Stack’s newest landlord after several months in Damien Hardwick’s spare bedroom, says those training sessions are the stuff of legend.
“In the first few months of training it was unbelievable. He would be doing match simulation and be running and spewing and running and spewing and he just wouldn’t stop.”
“It was pretty funny to watch, but he just kept training.”
As Richmond’s injury toll grew he was handed a debut in Round 3, with Leppitsch only just back into the coaches box in Round 6 when Stack’s brutal hip-and-shoulder on Jack Viney made the competition stand up and take notice.
“I was walking back to my seat and the box just erupted. You don’t see that very often. It’s normally a pretty calm place when the senior coach isn’t there,” Leppitsch laughs.
“But everyone went up and it wasn’t because Viney was hurt, it was just because he had the guts to want to push off his man aggressively to close down space. It was like, ‘Wow, that kid is taking on one of the best, he is crazy’.

Yep. RCD should be at least decent, and could be awesome.

The rest should end up with at least one decent inside mid. If Syd comes onto his potential we are set to have a great midfield from a year with poor draft picks.

Stacks natural spot is inside mid apparently. Would love him to have a big preseason and get fit. There is a wing spot up for grabs too that he might look good on other.

Is Stack best suited forward back or in the middle. Will he be thrown around or given a regular position?

Many people think he is in Richmonds best side but was dropped by Hardwick post the Carton game.

Stacks natural spot is inside mid apparently. Would love him to have a big preseason and get fit. There is a wing spot up for grabs too that he might look good on other.

Is Stack best suited forward back or in the middle. Will he be thrown around or given a regular position?

Many people think he is in Richmonds best side but was dropped by Hardwick post the Carton game.
Unfairly dropped IMO. Played one bad game (it was a stinker though to be fair) at the wrong time of the season and then it was adios.

I think Stack will play HBF until he has beefed up a bit then he’ll spend more time in the middle.

CCJ feeding Ross, Stack and RCD is a mouthwatering prospect, while guys like Graham and Bolton run through as well. Such a dynamic midfield group. Would be nice adding another potential A grade mid to that group and then we’re set for another launch post Cotch, Dusty, Sheds, Prestia, etc.

CCJ feeding Ross, Stack and RCD is a mouthwatering prospect, while guys like Graham and Bolton run through as well. Such a dynamic midfield group. Would be nice adding another potential A grade mid to that group and then we’re set for another launch post Cotch, Dusty, Sheds, Prestia, etc.
Its really only Cotch who may be gone that we need to cover for, the others all have a good 4-5 years left.
Ross, Stack & RCD should be well entrenched in the team by then and starting to look at the next batch to come through who we'll be drafting in the next 2 years.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back