Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

How fickle the tribe has become!
Maybe. But just an observation. It's more about the
media attention causing it rather than us supporters opinion of him. The media will always go for the new bloke on the scene, especially the one performing well. That is the Stackman atm.

It's a good thing the media have stopped 'hassling' Higgins for interviews. He can focus om his footy and playing a team role.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe. But just an observation. It's more about the
media attention causing it rather than us supporters opinion of him. The media will always go for the new bloke on the scene, especially the one performing well. That is the Stackman atm.

It's a good thing the media have stopped 'hassling' Higgins for interviews. He can focus om his footy and playing a team role.

That's the upside, Higgo can concentrate on his improvement. He was always punished by so-called experts as having little upside. I guess now we will see. Go get em Higgo! Having said that, would not be surprise to see him omitted at some point, no shame in that, it's what challenges are made of!

That's the upside, Higgo can concentrate on his improvement. He was always punished by so-called experts as having little upside. I guess now we will see. Go get em Higgo! Having said that, would not be surprise to see him omitted at some point, no shame in that, it's what challenges are made of!
Marking Jack harshly many people. He was very good yesterday, a polished player who usually chooses the right option and executes well. Rate him very highly

He definitely has some serious skills. However, he did make a few defensive mistakes early on, which did contribute to a couple of Hawthorn shots on goal.
(The sort of mistakes a young kid who's only playing his 5th or 6tyh game would make. Need to fix that somehow).

But he has that instinctive feel for the ball that some players have. The ball always seems to bounce his way - he seems to have a lot of time.

He definitely has some serious skills. However, he did make a few defensive mistakes early on, which did contribute to a couple of Hawthorn shots on goal.
(The sort of mistakes a young kid who's only playing his 5th or 6tyh game would make. Need to fix that somehow).

But he has that instinctive feel for the ball that some players have. The ball always seems to bounce his way - he seems to have a lot of time.

Keep in mind he just turned 19, and is an inside midfielder...

I might be wrong but I felt like he held back a few times when he had the chance to really crunch / tackle someone.

Maybe he had 1 eye on making sure he was able to play this week in the dreamtime game?

I still liked his game, don't get me wrong. But there were a few times were a situation arose and I got extremley excited when I saw Stack in the area but he held back a bit.

That aside, love his overhead marking game and going back with courage, brilliant stuff to see.

I might be wrong but I felt like he held back a few times when he had the chance to really crunch / tackle someone.

Maybe he had 1 eye on making sure he was able to play this week in the dreamtime game?

I still liked his game, don't get me wrong. But there were a few times were a situation arose and I got extremley excited when I saw Stack in the area but he held back a bit.

That aside, love his overhead marking game and going back with courage, brilliant stuff to see.

Funny, I wondered that too. Because I have Stack in my DT, I watched him with a little more interest (like when he had three marks / kick down back in 1 minute in the 4th, chipping around:thumbsu: 18 points thanks). But throughout the game he was mostly outside getting those sort of possessions, and when he as in amongst it, it had a fairly cuddly kind of demeanor to it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back