Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm sure he'd want a couple of weeks with his friends/family before he comes back to the 6 day a week grind for 10 months.

Nothing wrong with that.

When you put it like that, you're right. There is nothing wrong with that.... But I was not trying to say there was anything wrong with his going back to WA...

Just following Knightmare doing a comparison of his picks to what Collingwood took. He responded to someone's question and discussed Stack. Sounds amazing talent.

Stack is one who could go either way, but he's the next closest thing to Rankine on talent. A few cm shorter, not as damaging forward of centre. But through the midfield he influences games like few others. First possession winning, has the burst of acceleration at stoppages and gets around opponents with ease, has the skills. If he works, he can be better than Josh Thomas. Perhaps as a sub 180cm mid you'd like for him to develop the capacity to play more forward, but he's one where if he develops, he can be a monster. A poor man's Sam Petrevski-Seton is what I'd be hoping.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...v-hindsight-2018.1209520/page-8#post-59049825

Just following Knightmare doing a comparison of his picks to what Collingwood took. He responded to someone's question and discussed Stack. Sounds amazing talent.

Stack is one who could go either way, but he's the next closest thing to Rankine on talent. A few cm shorter, not as damaging forward of centre. But through the midfield he influences games like few others. First possession winning, has the burst of acceleration at stoppages and gets around opponents with ease, has the skills. If he works, he can be better than Josh Thomas. Perhaps as a sub 180cm mid you'd like for him to develop the capacity to play more forward, but he's one where if he develops, he can be a monster. A poor man's Sam Petrevski-Seton is what I'd be hoping.

https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...v-hindsight-2018.1209520/page-8#post-59049825
who is josh thomas

petrevski seton is the next conca

who is josh thomas

petrevski seton is the next conca

Absolutely.

And Rankine hasn't shown anything, so probably good to know that Syd isn't up to his standard. Too short - a Short Stack

Knightmare is hit and miss.
He says some nice things there but saying Stack will be a poor mans SPS is a joke haha.
SPS has proved nothing and could still be a big bust

Knightmare is hit and miss.
He says some nice things there but saying Stack will be a poor mans SPS is a joke haha.
SPS has proved nothing and could still be a big bust

Yeah KM is no smarter than the other good draft watchers. Everyone gets some right and some wrong (see Lounder, Richard :rolleyes: :p)

More to the point he sees Stack as high quality, just behind the top line players. If Stack is just a good solid B grade mid we've won hugely. If he goes to that B+(Maybe A-) level that KM sees as possible then we've killed the draft of 2018. Nice place to be in. If he doesn't make it, it costs is nothing. If he does make it then we're huge winners.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

KM has never been that good or insightful, just prolific with content. He obviously puts a lot of work in but I don't think he's any better at identifying talent than plenty of others on BF and abroad.

I don't reckon he is better than the other quality draft watchers. However, they all provide useful and insightful information.

The point of me posting his comments was that he sees Syd the short Stack as a damn good player and likely to make it as at least B grader - if he makes the AFL. So that's confirmation that we made a solid decision - which is nice at a time when we have very little else to talk about.

I don't reckon he is better than the other quality draft watchers. However, they all provide useful and insightful information.

The point of me posting his comments was that he sees Syd the short Stack as a damn good player and likely to make it as at least B grader - if he makes the AFL. So that's confirmation that we made a solid decision - which is nice at a time when we have very little else to talk about.

Would be better if he turns into an A grader and the whole competition let him pass .....

Could be the greatest player of all time - a poor man's Jimmy Toumpas.

Last edited:
Would be better if he turns into an A grader and the whole competition let him pass .....

Yeah I want Syd and RCD to be A grade and the rest B grade at least. But I'm not too greedy. A solid 200 game B grade inside outside mid for nothing would be OK by me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back