Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

The fringe players of last year (Bolton, Balta, Menadue, Markov) are in front of the ones from this year (RCD, Ross, English, SS)...That's pretty good depth, and the heat's on...

Are you basing this just on seniority or some inside goss on our pre-season form?

If RCD and Ross are training as well as has been reported then I would find it hard to believe Menadue is ahead of them. Wouldn't surprise if a new draftee lines up R1 IMO. Could be Stack. ;)

Are you basing this just on seniority or some inside goss on our pre-season form?

If RCD and Ross are training as well as has been reported then I would find it hard to believe Menadue is ahead of them. Wouldn't surprise if a new draftee lines up R1 IMO. Could be Stack. ;)

Agree. My feeling is Menadue and Marcov will spend most if not all of the season in the VFL. Marcov could step up and get a chance for a run of games. Both fringe and will passed in the next 12 months imo. Not sure on the R1 call though. If you look at the Best 22 thread. Hard to find a spot for anyone. (wow.. it feels so good to be able to say that in the offseason where normally there have been 5-6 players I'd be wanting out of the team for R1).

Agree. My feeling is Menadue and Marcov will spend most if not all of the season in the VFL. Marcov could step up and get a chance for a run of games. Both fringe and will passed in the next 12 months imo. Not sure on the R1 call though. If you look at the Best 22 thread. Hard to find a spot for anyone. (wow.. it feels so good to be able to say that in the offseason where normally there have been 5-6 players I'd be wanting out of the team for R1).
Castagna will not make round one. Butler will get his spot. But yeah it will be hard for a newbie to get a gig.

Bluster for the main , we won’t know until some JLT form , realistically a huge step up for a draftee to press claims into a strong outfit . Don’t forget that Ellis, butler and markov will press for senior selection r1, throw mav Weller into the mix and the draftees have some work to do

The fringe players of last year (Bolton, Balta, Menadue, Markov) are in front of the ones from this year (RCD, Ross, English, SS)...That's pretty good depth, and the heat's on...

I think preseason and going into JLT & round 1 its always based on training form, the great thing about our club now is theres no order if who goes in first its purely on form!

Just based on seniority only....It would be fantastic if a Ross or Stack made Round 1...Thats the thing, it's a bit unknown, more so than previous years I reckon...

We could delist Markov and Menadue at the end of the year and the sky would not fall in.
In one or two years' time, the veterans start to retire too, Grigg, Houli, creates a space of four.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We could delist Markov and Menadue at the end of the year and the sky would not fall in.
In one or two years' time, the veterans start to retire too, Grigg, Houli, creates a space of four.
Markov signed a 2 year deal at the end of last season because of interest from clubs. I wouldn't lump Markov and Menadue in the same category. Markov has held back by injuries and looks a much better player than Menadue.

Think you may be right although it wouldn't surprise if Dimma brings in a new face like Stack just to freshen things up and send a message.

Markov signed a 2 year deal at the end of last season because of interest from clubs. I wouldn't lump Markov and Menadue in the same category. Markov has held back by injuries and looks a much better player than Menadue.

Spot on. Markov will take and own the running hbf / winger role this year. I would think 12 games from what i hear.

Manadue is the one i worry for. Heaps of talent but vanilla. We might be the wrong side for him now as i cant see him breaking in.

Except for the prelim final

Pretty hard to show form in 2s when they were knocked out of finals earlier than seniors, please do explain...

He backed in his star in dusty and his ill players, truth is no one other than those inside the 4 walls knows the reality of their issues.

Spot on. Markov will take and own the running hbf / winger role this year. I would think 12 games from what i hear.

Manadue is the one i worry for. Heaps of talent but vanilla. We might be the wrong side for him now as i cant see him breaking in.

Menadue is a good kick and super fast

I can easily see him playing

Remove this Banner Ad

Back