Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

bigolebill

Creator of Sydney Stack thread
Sep 19, 2013
AFL Club
Richmond
Article in the West Australian reads - Stack to receive a lifeline from Richmond. Sydney Stack was one of the most high profile names overlooked in yesterdays drafts. The weekend west understands Richmond is poised to invite Perth mid to train at the club in the coming weeks. It is believed Stack - an AA in national carnival from 3 games - would live with coach Damien Hardwick while he is in Melbourne and could be listed by March 15 under new rules if he impresses.

Im to old to find this online and dont know how to post a photo so i typed the above. Really like what the club has done here. No risk high reward move!

Really happy with this. On talent, top 10 in the draft. I would back us in to help him get through his issues. I think Dimma, Cotch and in particular Dusty are perfect role models for him to be more professional.

Wrenny

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 8, 2003
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
R24jTlqkI9Ny8.gif

Apr 10, 2012
Perth
AFL Club
Richmond
What is the knock on this bloke? Looking at the vision he looks first class.

a mate of mine who coached him at Perth recons he is a real talent but is a bit of a wanderer, no issues with dugs or booze - just struggles with fitting into the system

Played with Luke English so maybe they think having him around could help too

a mate of mine who coached him at Perth recons he is a real talent but is a bit of a wanderer, no issues with dugs or booze - just struggles with fitting into the system

Played with Luke English so maybe they think having him around could help too

Sounds like a normal young bloke then. Can see dimma, cotch and dusty setting him right.

Could be a massive steal

GoTigers2015

🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆🏆2017🏆2019🏆2020🏆
Oct 27, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
https://thewest.com.au/sport/afl-dr...ges-clubs-to-pick-sydney-stack-ng-b881027519z

WA under-18 coach Peter Sumich has labelled Sydney Stack the State’s brightest talent in this year’s draft crop, saying he will be astonished if the Perth midfielder is denied his AFL dream.

But the 18-year-old received glowing endorsement from West Coast legend Sumich, who rated Stack as tough as any indigenous player he had seen.

“We talk about Jordy Clark and Ian Hill and I’ll go out on a limb ... I think this kid is the best of what I’ve seen in our batch of 18s talent-wise and ability to play the game at a capacity of AFL level, which is hard and fast and tough — this kid has got it all,” Sumich said.

“Unfortunately, a little bit of off-field stuff comes into play and that’s why you see him drift a little bit here and there in calculations.

“I had him in the top 10 prior to the under-18 carnival and I still did even after that because I don’t think he was fully fit and he still played a really good role in his three games.

Sumich left Stack out of WA’s first game of the national championships for disciplinary reasons, but he bounced back to be an All-Australian and impress in three league games for Perth.

“Hopefully he learnt something by it,” Sumich said.

“I stuck by my guns to leave him out and then he played the last three and I thought he played really well with a great attitude.”

Back