Player Watch #44 Sydney Stack

Remove this Banner Ad

Incredible really to think there are only 5 players from the last 3 drafts ranked above Sydney Stack. If you believe these rankings are in any way reflective of a player's value, then you stop and think about that, he has given all 2018 draftees a bit of a head start and got in front of them, and he has given the 2017 and 2016 draftees a year and two years head start and has gone past all bar 5 of them. Again I wonder what this bloke's salary value would be in an open and unbiased market. Say you are a new club starting from scratch and you have a $12.5m salary cap, and you have good concessions allowing you to trade for players from other clubs. What salary are you offering this bloke to get him on your list? I am starting to think my previous valuation of $300-350k is looking a bit low if anything. Amazing player.

I would hope it runs a bit like this .... increase his contract value a little this year, for another two, at a reasonable amount for some goodwill we're probably owed - then it would be open slather from there ....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have heard Cuz taught Cotch and Dusty A LOT about training and the work rate required to be elite AFL mids.

It was a wild ride but I am 100% glad for the time he was a Tiger.

Great to see the club getting him along and showing respect to former players, regardless of the challenges they have faced since they played.
Actually agree with this mate.

I have heard Cuz taught Cotch and Dusty A LOT about training and the work rate required to be elite AFL mids.

It was a wild ride but I am 100% glad for the time he was a Tiger.

Great to see the club getting him along and showing respect to former players, regardless of the challenges they have faced since they played.
Agree & have heard similar, sadly he'll never get any credit for it due to his issues.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back