Player Watch #27 Thomson Dow - signed to 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

We'd never have won the flag without Lynch. Firstly when Jack was out early in the year he kept us competitive. Won us the game single handedly against port. We'd not have ended top four and possibly could have missed the eight. He also kept us in and eventually won us the Prelim.
100% correct , I was about to post the same thing

We'd never have won the flag without Lynch. Firstly when Jack was out early in the year he kept us competitive. Won us the game single handedly against port. We'd not have ended top four and possibly could have missed the eight. He also kept us in and eventually won us the Prelim.
No question about it

If Lynch is not at RFC????? But he came to Punt Rd. He saw and he conquered. End of hypothetical. FWIW. He exceeded my expectations. Worth every cent he is paid. Lynch or no Lynch I think our system would have still won us a flag.
One of the new draftees usually exceeds expectations. Will it be Dow?

This season?

no way

I really like the look of this kid the way he moves and takes the game on and goes forward and get's it out of the pack reckon we did very well here going to suprise a few.

Champion data was taking Dow up as a mid forward but I think he could be handy in defence especially given the talent we already have in the forward line.

His speed and leap make him a hassle as a defender in my book but clearly there needs to be a bit of development. He could end up a Mr fix it put in a number of positions over his career and his strength maybe his versatility

Last edited:
I really like the look of this kid the way he moves and takes the game on and goes forward and get's it out of the pack reckon we did very well here going to suprise a few.
I notice these days with our recruiting that they’re almost always bloody quick , Dow, Hugo and cumbo and even Biggy no exceptions there . Not sure on Martyn didn’t see any dashes but limited exposure

I notice these days with our recruiting that they’re almost always bloody quick , Dow, Hugo and cumbo and even Biggy no exceptions there . Not sure on Martyn didn’t see any dashes but limited exposure

I think they see Martyn as more of a midfield general and architect like a Sam Mitchell without the step. Hopefully he can cut through the higher levels of class.

He is going to have to be a taller version of Jack Graham who makes really good decisions quickly and sticks tackles

Not overly quick but very good endurance. 6.15 2km = 7th at Trials is very good for a reasonably heavy set kid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There could possibly be a bit more to it than that... just sayin

He might be competitively quick over the first 10 and if he can get the ball away well still be effective. He looked like he was making best decisions in the footage and if he carry that through consistently, he should go well using both feet. We have plenty of other x factor players to hold a guy thats very smart with the ball and has a defensive side

His brother will probably be a 100 gamer by then but I'd back Thomo to be a premiership player first
His brother could break Boomers record and he wouldn't play a final let alone win the lot.

Silly questions who gives about his fav food,movie or his habbit

ask him who is a better player him or paddy
Who he went for as a kid
What type of player he wants to become in 5 years
How much does he hate Carlton
Agree...
How good a footballer is your brother?!
Who has taken you under their wing at Tigerland!?
Thoughts about training...who impressed you?!?
What did Dimma say to you on the first day?!? Have you met Balmey yet, did you bring some monte carlos with you?!?
You reckon you will get a game?!? What will you offer the Club as a player?!?
Who will you follow around at training?!?

Agree...
How good a footballer is your brother?!
Who has taken you under their wing at Tigerland!?
Thoughts about training...who impressed you?!?
What did Dimma say to you on the first day?!? Have you met Balmey yet, did you bring some monte carlos with you?!?
You reckon you will get a game?!? What will you offer the Club as a player?!?
Who will you follow around at training?!?
You had me at hello

Remove this Banner Ad

Back