Toast Welcome to St Kilda – Jack Bell

Remove this Banner Ad

#32 Jack Bell
Bell is coming into some exciting form, again producing glimpses of his athleticism with some great moments in the air. He took an absolute hanger and flew well in his time up forward where he found two goals, while also providing good fold in the ruck with his long reach and craft to palm down to his dominant mids. Just catches the eye on occasion and has the right traits for a tall.

Seems and ok prospect. We needed another developing ruck with Alabakis so may as well draft a local lad who is best mates with the King twins haha

I like this kid. Bigger blokes are much harder to pick but just going by what I've seen he looks like a likely type. Just the fact that he can take marks quite well is promising. Could turn into a key forward or at least be competent there. That versatility is important these days.

Agreed.

I think his best bet is to develop as a forward who can pinch hit rather than as a full time ruck.

As a fan of the old US police series The Wire, I'm really hoping that due to Jack's surname and his body shape he gets given the nickname "Stringer"...

...but I suppose it'll end up being something typically dull and inappropriate like "Belly". Oh well.

Welcome to the Saints, Stringer!

The fact that he can play forward as well as ruck is really important. I think the club sees the future of having two rotating rucks as the structure going forward.

As a fan of the old US police series The Wire, I'm really hoping that due to Jack's surname and his body shape he gets given the nickname "Stringer"...

...but I suppose it'll end up being something typically dull and inappropriate like "Belly". Oh well.

If they go with "Belly" they might consider "Tummy". "End", "Ringer", "Tower?" Never mind. I'll let myself out.

The Wire , what a great show. Even Obama's favorite.
As for the nickname , if they can steer clear of JB , I'll be happy.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I really like Jacks highlight package. The mark is pretty spectacular and suggests he has great marking intent. But he was also pretty good below his knees.

If his only knock is he is light then I think he has a reasonable chance to make it as a David Hale type.

I really like Jacks highlight package. The mark is pretty spectacular and suggests he has great marking intent. But he was also pretty good below his knees.

If his only knock is he is light then I think he has a reasonable chance to make it as a David Hale type.
Where are the highlights ?

Not sure whether the club has some but I was looking at them via the draft tracker app on draft night. Just click on his draft profile and it starts playing I think.

Not sure whether the club has some but I was looking at them via the draft tracker app on draft night. Just click on his draft profile and it starts playing I think.

Thanks CF, appreciate that.
Gees, he does look good doesn’t he?!! Super skinny. Looks like he could pinch forward, but we know we have Ryder for 2 years, so he’ll have time.

The days of the big Mummy type rucks are near done and dusted i think , its more the Grundy, Gawn, English and Roma types you need that can get around the ground and take a mark , not just crash into someone at the centre bounce

Remove this Banner Ad

Back