Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - DAN BUTLER!

Remove this Banner Ad

Reason I bumped it was basically the positive comments from Tigers fans.

Honestly thought he was just an added bonus after Hill, Howard, Ryder and Jones and he was a bit lost in the recruiting frenzy.
Also a bit unseen in 2019 as he couldn't break into the strong Tigers forward line.

He has easily been best of the five recruits.

He is quick, smart with the ball, and I think the Ratten game plan and downfield pace coming from Hill, Long, Billings etc really suits him.
Also brings the premiership professionalism and confidence from a winning team.
Our recruiters have done well and the Tigers were very generous in trading Butler for pick 56. Shows the Tigers care for their players careers
Always really rated him but just couldn’t cement a spot last year and when he did he just didn’t perform to his 2017 levels for some reason. Moving to a new club was the best thing for him and sometimes just the kick in the ass some players need to reignite their careers. We have always been very good to trade with since our current recruitment team have been at the club, especially to help guys get to the club of their choice when they are struggling to break into the side. No point being an Essendon or Carlton when it comes to trading as what goes around comes around in this business.

Reason I bumped it was basically the positive comments from Tigers fans.

Honestly thought he was just an added bonus after Hill, Howard, Ryder and Jones and he was a bit lost in the recruiting frenzy.
Also a bit unseen in 2019 as he couldn't break into the strong Tigers forward line.

He has easily been best of the five recruits.

He is quick, smart with the ball, and I think the Ratten game plan and downfield pace coming from Hill, Long, Billings etc really suits him.
Also brings the premiership professionalism and confidence from a winning team.
Our recruiters have done well and the Tigers were very generous in trading Butler for pick 56. Shows the Tigers care for their players careers
Most clubs are like that, Steven was worth more than what we got. The clubs that don't care as much are widely known and deserve the stigma

Butler is a quality finisher and that's exactly what we needed. I know a Richmond mate who was spewing that Butler went- a bit of class left the Richmond forward half. We also have Kent who is a quality finisher, and if we keep those two on the field, then we will win more games.

very prudent money ball pickup. i love a money ball type.

what will be interesting is to see if he consistently becomes a good best 22 player. or if its a flash in the pan game or a one off season.

the spot of our best small fwd is up for grabs so he could really solidify a role we haven't filled properly since schneider and milne.

Always really rated him but just couldn’t cement a spot last year and when he did he just didn’t perform to his 2017 levels for some reason. Moving to a new club was the best thing for him and sometimes just the kick in the ass some players need to reignite their careers. We have always been very good to trade with since our current recruitment team have been at the club, especially to help guys get to the club of their choice when they are struggling to break into the side. No point being an Essendon or Carlton when it comes to trading as what goes around comes around in this business.

Similar to Skunk who thought he'd struggle to break into a Buddy/Tippett attack

Butler is a quality finisher and that's exactly what we needed. I know a Richmond mate who was spewing that Butler went- a bit of class left the Richmond forward half. We also have Kent who is a quality finisher, and if we keep those two on the field, then we will win more games.

Ironically, my Richmond mates thought Butler was a GOP and my Dees mates thought Kent was a gun. Kent was injured so often that they thought he was better than he was. He was their Freezer.

Where are all of the negative Nancy’s who were bagging the club last year at his trading in?

Right here pretending that I always wanted him and Jones.

I am somewhat disturbed by the trade to be honest. It's got nothing to do with Dan's ability, but more his being at the club. I was recently told that my bloody mum has a crush on Dan Butler. It's just f*cking wrong. He's like 20 years younger than me...I fear she's gonna do a Rod Stewart if she gets a chance 🤨

I am somewhat disturbed by the trade to be honest. It's got nothing to do with Dan's ability, but more his being at the club. I was recently told that my bloody mum has a crush on Dan Butler. It's just f*cking wrong. He's like 20 years younger than me...I fear she's gonna do a Rod Stewart if she gets a chance 🤨

He's a handsome man you have to admit!

Glad to see him doing well. Told you all he's a good player.

I wanted to keep him and I would have him in the Richmond side right now ahead of the likes of Rioli and Higgins.

Keep it up Dan! Hoping for a good 30-40 goal season.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To be fair, I would bang the GILF that is Martha Stewart ( I think that's the GIF) into next week. Nothing wrong with that.:thumbsu:

Butler looks an inspired signing. He's slotted straight in and looks tremendous.

I wish the club could take initiatives like this, as it would be great to support them through these avenues.

If it's just a matter of not being able to guarantee a certain number of sales to justify a stock purchase, they can organise lower numbers through websites that are set up for small businesses, or even sell them on a % basis and take on zero liability.
If it's due to legal/licensing issues, then it's disappointing that such hurdles are in place.

I wish the club could take initiatives like this, as it would be great to support them through these avenues.

If it's just a matter of not being able to guarantee a certain number of sales to justify a stock purchase, they can organise lower numbers through websites that are set up for small businesses, or even sell them on a % basis and take on zero liability.
If it's due to legal/licensing issues, then it's disappointing that such hurdles are in place.

Clubs are often not very creative compared to fans. As soon as you get one of the sportswear or club designers on these kind of projects, they can look really lame.

To be fair, I would bang the GILF that is Martha Stewart ( I think that's the GIF) into next week. Nothing wrong with that.:thumbsu:

Butler looks an inspired signing. He's slotted straight in and looks tremendous.

🤣🤣🤣

I have to ask. Are you Wayne Rooney?

I disapprove of the word "slotted" with the previous text being about my mother.

Approve of Butler being tremendous so far.

I too would bang Martha.
For food.

Dan should take that graphic to his exit review and send a copy to the list manager! Coaches love small forwards that tackle, and love forwards that kick goals. Dan Butler is both of those rolled into one compact unit.

I'm spewing that we traded him, and yes I was spewing 6 months ago as well. Always thought he was the best out of Rioli, Castagna, Butler. Dimma didn't rate him as much and I think it was partly because he has a laconic look about him and he really lost confidence in 2019. This season he is going harder at it and looks extremely fit. No doubt he'll have a good career and his traits suit the modern game.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back