Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - DAN BUTLER!

Remove this Banner Ad

Castagna is the worst player in the league. The only thing going for him is that he is quick. He lacks footy smarts & composure . He's just been very lucky he's playing in a good side otherwise he would've been delisted by now.
Really?
Personally i'd rather have Castagna on our list than McKenzie.

Castagna is the worst player in the league. The only thing going for him is that he is quick. He lacks footy smarts & composure . He's just been very lucky he's playing in a good side otherwise he would've been delisted by now.

That’s a really poor take in Castagna IMO.

If you watch many Richmond games you’ll see he actually is a very smart player. You don’t get highly rated by Tiger’s supporters if you’re no good... they love to eat their own.

If he kicks straight on GF, he’s in the mix for the Norm Smith. He was fantastic when the game was still to be won.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hopefully they keep you away from list management then haha. You could have sunk the titanic on your own with the sheer volume of garbage coming out of your mouth!

I can't see us playing two small forwards (who can't go through the midfield) in the same side.

So it will be Lonie Long and Butler will be competing the same spot. Lonie doesn't kick enough goals to be completely safe as a single role player and Long doesn't do enough in any role so recruiting Butler puts the most pressure on them.

Gresh is a walk up start because he can play midfield. Kent will be in and out depending on injuries but he can play though the midfield.

Parker is almost starting 22 and I'd expect him to play more as a high half forward but has the capacity to play wing/midfield or even starting out of the goal square on occasions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No i think you need to read the entire thread to ascertain where DMAC came into the equation.. Anyway the thread is about Dan Butler. I think enough has been said

That's not true, its just at the top of the page.

It was my response to you saying that Castagna is the worst player in the league. I threw in McKenzie as a close to home example of worse. There are probably a lot of even worse ones that will never get a game.

Really?
Personally i'd rather have Castagna on our list than McKenzie.

Menadue has plenty of pace. I would consider him, but I think he wants to go home to WA.

Menadue is from Victoria. Played for Spotswood as a junior and recruited from the Western Jets.

Will Butler be bringing Olive on the buses with him?

God i'm old!
Maybe he could bring back Blakey!
Qw3ff6x.jpg

Bump.

Some really interesting and insightful comments from Tigers supporters. They were spot on and would be rueful this morning

The first 50 or so comments make good reading until it degenerates at the end.

Some criticism of the excitement but at the time was fair enough.

He was the least trumpeted of the five players.

Enjoy.

Very happy to see Buts doing so well for you guys although would have preferred he had a quieter game yesterday but good on him. Will always be a drought breaking tiger premiership player so nothing but love and respect for Buts from the majority of us tiger fans. By the way great win by your boys yesterday, too good for us on the day.

Very happy to see Buts doing so well for you guys although would have preferred he had a quieter game yesterday but good on him. Will always be a drought breaking tiger premiership player so nothing but love and respect for Buts from the majority of us tiger fans. By the way great win by your boys yesterday, too good for us on the day.
Reason I bumped it was basically the positive comments from Tigers fans.

Honestly thought he was just an added bonus after Hill, Howard, Ryder and Jones and he was a bit lost in the recruiting frenzy.
Also a bit unseen in 2019 as he couldn't break into the strong Tigers forward line.

He has easily been best of the five recruits.

He is quick, smart with the ball, and I think the Ratten game plan and downfield pace coming from Hill, Long, Billings etc really suits him.
Also brings the premiership professionalism and confidence from a winning team.
Our recruiters have done well and the Tigers were very generous in trading Butler for pick 56. Shows the Tigers care for their players careers

Remove this Banner Ad

Back