Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - DARCY WILSON!

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks a player.

SOS & RTB clearly looking to rebuild the midfield around speed and athletic ability.

Seb Ross would be worried, especially if his hammy goes again...

Absolutely thrilled here.

Was the kid I was very vocal about wanting.

When he gets down to the club on Monday. I’d stick him in the film room watching Sam Walsh videos.

That’s the role he has to aspire to. An outside inside mid - who gut runs and hits the score board 🥰

Absolutely thrilled here.

Was the kid I was very vocal about wanting.

When he gets down to the club on Monday. I’d stick him in the film room watching Sam Walsh videos.

That’s the role he has to aspire to. An outside inside mid - who gut runs and hits the score board 🥰
TzyAAD3.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did Ben Dixon ask Darcy Wilson about his uncle Mick Nolan helping him? The same Mick Nolan who died in 2008 (when Darcy would’ve been about 3 years old)?

Just on that I note this from an SEN article:

”Another interesting wrinkle to the Wilson story is that he is the great nephew of ‘The Galloping Gasometer’, former North Melbourne cult hero Mick Nolan.

“I grew up as a North supporter. My great uncle, Mick Nolan, played for North so my family are massive supporters of North Melbourne,” the 18-year-old said further.

“Growing up I didn’t get much of a choice, but (it was) North at the end of the day.”

However the switch of allegiance to the Saints should be fairly easy as I note from The Galloping Gasometer’s Wikipedia page:

“As a child in Tarrawingee, Victoria, Nolan supported St Kilda and had the ambition of playing in their first ever premiership. He was recruited by North Melbourne from Wangaratta Rovers and made his senior debut in 1973.”

Go Darcy 😊🔴⚪⚫

A link to a playlist with my Darcy Wilson videos

Appreciate that, thank you. Good to see a player when it is not just highlights.

Also good to see Darcy is used to being in a team getting flogged, will fit right in at the Saints :D

Did we actually draft a proper mid with our first pick ?

Not some 'half forward / half back could maybe play mid' mid?

Not shirting on Pou/nas picks more the previous decade.
On the Fox Footy broadcast they had relative rankings for Backs Forwards Wings etc. We were fifth and 6th for most (2nd in the league for wingers) but were ranked 17th for midfielders.
We have picked up Dow, and a Winger/outside mid in Henry, we have Pou, Hotton, Chito Windy and even Ronnie to develop.
Darcy Wilson is the natural progression and the right way to go.

Did Ben Dixon ask Darcy Wilson about his uncle Mick Nolan helping him? The same Mick Nolan who died in 2008 (when Darcy would’ve been about 3 years old)?

Just on that I note this from an SEN article:

”Another interesting wrinkle to the Wilson story is that he is the great nephew of ‘The Galloping Gasometer’, former North Melbourne cult hero Mick Nolan.

“I grew up as a North supporter. My great uncle, Mick Nolan, played for North so my family are massive supporters of North Melbourne,” the 18-year-old said further.

“Growing up I didn’t get much of a choice, but (it was) North at the end of the day.”

However the switch of allegiance to the Saints should be fairly easy as I note from The Galloping Gasometer’s Wikipedia page:

“As a child in Tarrawingee, Victoria, Nolan supported St Kilda and had the ambition of playing in their first ever premiership. He was recruited by North Melbourne from Wangaratta Rovers and made his senior debut in 1973.”

Go Darcy 😊🔴⚪⚫
I do know the Tarrawingee Nolans, mad North supporters all....didn't connect the dots until just then.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back