Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - DARCY WILSON!

Remove this Banner Ad

Why not? Similar size, build and athletic profile.

Don't see Darcy having the same game sense as some of the elite youngsters we've seen in early years like Daicos and Sheezel.

His disposal is iffy and he makes some poor decisions but you can't deny the effort is there.

Dmacs best was very good, if weren't for injuries I could have seen him being on the cusp of an AA squad of 40 type player.

If DMacs best his floor, I think it would be a good investment of pick 18, anything higher is a bonus.

I'm definitely not saying he can't become elite, but I just haven't seen any reason to assume he's going to be other than blind optimism.

I like to think that Wilson will do better than a career high 23 disposals after 7 years.
Not sure that Wilson will have the hard edge that McKenzie had.

But if they look similar when not playing...................

Why not? Similar size, build and athletic profile.

Don't see Darcy having the same game sense as some of the elite youngsters we've seen in early years like Daicos and Sheezel.

His disposal is iffy and he makes some poor decisions but you can't deny the effort is there.

Dmacs best was very good, if weren't for injuries I could have seen him being on the cusp of an AA squad of 40 type player.

If DMacs best his floor, I think it would be a good investment of pick 18, anything higher is a bonus.

I'm definitely not saying he can't become elite, but I just haven't seen any reason to assume he's going to be other than blind optimism.
DMac was a nervous wreck in the first couple of years with us, playing as a half back, he had the same yelps and brain fades as Brad Hill when played there.. DMac got better when shifted to the wing, same as Brad hill.

Moral of the story, we really destroyed some player’s confidence the way our team/game plan/skill level is sometimes.. e.g. put Brad hill in Collingwood or Geelong side, he will tear it up.. a cream on top, in our side, he is above average but customed to brain fades and turnovers.

DMac was a nervous wreck in the first couple of years with us, playing as a half back, he had the same yelps and brain fades as Brad Hill when played there.. DMac got better when shifted to the wing, same as Brad hill.

Moral of the story, we really destroyed some player’s confidence the way our team/game plan/skill level is sometimes.. e.g. put Brad hill in Collingwood or Geelong side, he will tear it up.. a cream on top, in our side, he is above average but customed to brain fades and turnovers.

Huh? We got Hill as a mature player, he was crap on the wing, and he went to the backline where he improved, until he ended up back on the wing.

Dmac never got enough of the footy.

Huh? We got Hill as a mature player, he was crap on the wing, and he went to the backline where he improved, until he ended up back on the wing.

Dmac never got enough of the footy.
When Ratten was here, we never used the Wing. Just long bomb to a pack of players down the line, how is a winger suppose to do his job there? When Ratten moved Hill to HB, yes, he got a bit of the ball, but he also turned the ball over frequently, because we play like a bunch of under 9s, everyone chasing the ball like headless chooks without any structure whatsoever

Says to me he's recognised as going well by the AFL, 'in group', thought makers. To get it
after a thumping for the team says he was the next in line unless a fellow rookie played a blinder. Great effort by Darcy to get it at round 6. His endurance and speed is going to bring us a lot of end result over the years.

I actually though Darcy stood out in that game. His numbers don't look exciting but he played wel.

Agree. Darcy was doing everything that he should have been doing.

Constant running up and down to present opportunities, or to help defend.

I would tend to believe that his numbers were down due to the poor form on the day of many of his team mates.

Very hard to rack up numbers in an outside role if you team mates are not able to pass the ball to you.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He’ll be the best runner in the AFL (already dominating in every game in that measurement), and it helps he’s training with guys like Brad Hill and Robert Harvey who will show him how to play a running game.

Couple that with the footballing talent he has and we have a very nice prospect on our hands that will be an asset to the team. He already is.

He’ll be the best runner in the AFL (already dominating in every game in that measurement), and it helps he’s training with guys like Brad Hill and Robert Harvey who will show him how to play a running game.

Couple that with the footballing talent he has and we have a very nice prospect on our hands that will be an asset to the team. He already is.

I was fascinated by his recent interview (post rising star) where he alluded to his running ability sometimes needing to be restrained so he doesn’t run himself out of position.

The best part about last night is he’s starting to show he’s more than just a runner. He’s a footballer.

I was fascinated by his recent interview (post rising star) where he alluded to his running ability sometimes needing to be restrained so he doesn’t run himself out of position.

The best part about last night is he’s starting to show he’s more than just a runner. He’s a footballer.
Then this kid fills out and gets to grips with his own advantage he'll be absolutely elite.

Had some nice elusive steps last night too, that sort of agility mixed with endurance is a dangerous combo. Love that he’s working with Lenny, build up that contested work and who knows we might have that explosive inside/outside mid we’ve been desperate for.

Gives me Jack Steven/Dangerfield vibes with that explosive pace. He would be a great inside midfielder in a few years!!

Gives me Jack Steven/Dangerfield vibes with that explosive pace. He would be a great inside midfielder in a few years!!

He reminds me of those Josh Kelly or Whitfield types who just run sides off their feet all day.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back