Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - DOUGAL HOWARD!

Sunnyjim

Team Captain
Sep 17, 2016
AFL Club
St Kilda
He’s beautiful

Attachments

• D56BF4E8-03F3-41CC-B6BE-784C671BA1EE.png
    D56BF4E8-03F3-41CC-B6BE-784C671BA1EE.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 189
Welcome Dougal.

I’m really going to enjoy watching this kid grow with us. Hopefully he can lock down that fullback role for the next ten years.

Percy2257

The Urgio to be Sergio
May 11, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
I wasn't sure who he was a month ago. I'm still not convinced 'Dougal' is a real name. I have no idea why Port have given him up.

But I'm pretty damn glad to have him at the Saints.

Looking forward to seeing him in our colours next year! Up the Doooogz.
Google when in doubt. You will find that Dougal is the anglicised version of a Gaelic name.

fu** fu** fu** fu**. This one hurts.

Good luck to Doogs in the future though and well done to the Saints for getting their man. I think we are just all in a state of shock and disbelief tbh.

Having visited your board, this one sounds like it’s really hurting you guys.
In that case, what were your club thinking? I’m sorry that it’s causing you angst but it sounds like we’ve really got a good one here.

It’s really a bummer when you lose someone you’d rather keep. I’m experiencing some of that with Stuv ( it’s emotional when your former best player leaves) and even Brucey, so understand how you guys must be feeling.

King_Tredrea

Premiership Player
Oct 1, 2007
Port Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Dubs, Bills, Chelsea FC
In that case, what were your club thinking? I’m sorry that it’s causing you angst but it sounds like we’ve really got a good one here.

It’s really a bummer when you lose someone you’d rather keep. I’m experiencing some of that with Stuv ( it’s emotional when your former best player leaves) and even Brucey, so understand how you guys must be feeling.

Our club is so fractured atm it’s hard to fathom. Jason Cripps decided to tell Dougal that it may be wise to look at his options, and he did. Rest is history.
Wonder who it will be next year? My guess is Xavier Duursma will have the second year blues and clubs will be circling. Anyways. Exciting times for you guys, all the best :thumbsu:

At least he didn’t go to ******* Norf or Essendon

EskimoPAFC

The Comebacks & Family Man
Dec 17, 2017
Success without Premierships
AFL Club
Port Adelaide

Our club has done so much stupid stuff over the last 12 months it's getting harder and harder to justify, but the saving grace could be if we are making moves today and desperately needed the extra currency. If we use this to get Luko/Hately/Stephens or another big fish then it is what it is.

The other thing to consider is that we aren't one unit. Our assistant coaches, senior coach and list management team are absolutely not on the same page right now.

Oct 18, 2011
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
St Kilda, Ocean Grove Collendina Cobras
I know he wants to play defence and that's part of the reason we got him but watch these highlights and you can see why Port thought he might make it as key forward.

Armoooo

Club Legend
Apr 19, 2010
AFL Club
St Kilda
Looking forward to the likes of Ben Brown, Jeremy Cameron and Jack Riewoldt not kicking 7 on us every time we play them.

This.

Howard, Battle and Wilkie are such a great combo, perfectly balanced, young and super talented.

I would much rather see Carlisle go forward to replace Bruce than Battle.

I want to see that backline trio get plenty of time together before we are playing finals.

This.

Howard, Battle and Wilkie are such a great combo, perfectly balanced, young and super talented.

I would much rather see Carlisle go forward to replace Bruce than Battle.

I want to see that backline trio get plenty of time together before we are playing finals.
Hadn’t thought of that actually but I think it’s a good idea. Use Carlisle as a fill in type until King is ready rather than stuff around with Battle’s development.

austinnn

Veteran GOP
Nov 7, 2012
France
AFL Club
St Kilda
Other Teams
Bristol City FC, Urawa Red Diamonds FC
The reason Port Adelaide don't have Howard now is because they pushed him forward when he would prefer to stay back.

Josh Battle sees himself as a forward long term, why would we keep him back and risk him looking around when we have a need for him in the forward line anyway?

Between Carlisle, Battle and Howard we have some killer swingmen who could cause some opposition headaches.

Surely Doogs would suck it up for the occasional strategic swing forward rather than being plonked there full time?

Back