Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - HUGO GARCIA!

Remove this Banner Ad

Hugo. Hugo, Garcia runs marvels wings for me.
Dah dah dah, dah dah
dah, dah dah dah, dah
Hugo. Hugo, Garcia runs marvels wings for me
Dah dah dah, dah dah
dah, dah dah dah, dah

Great name. Deserves a fun song my Aisle 29 friends 😉
Let's set Marvel rocking.

Welcome Hugo. You've come to a club that has supporters that love to have fun and you sound like you could bring plenty. Good Luck.

Hugo. Hugo, Garcia runs marvels wings for me.
Dah dah dah, dah dah
dah, dah dah dah, dah
Hugo. Hugo, Garcia runs marvels wings for me
Dah dah dah, dah dah
dah, dah dah dah, dah

Great name. Deserves a fun song my Aisle 29 friends 😉
Let's set Marvel rocking.

Welcome Hugo. You've come to a club that has supporters that love to have fun and you sound like you could bring plenty. Good Luck.

Oh my god, one of my all time favourite Liverpool songs! Nice one! Sincerely hope you can get this going.

Oh my god, one of my all time favourite Liverpool songs! Nice one! Sincerely hope you can get this going.
Mine too. What a player Maxi was. Fans loved him for his give all effort. Take note Hugo 😁

There's so little information on this guy you'd think he's a CIA double agent. Where's all the media about this guy who came from the clouds?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

McKenzie type? Though Daniel has good kick penetration.
--------------
Hugo Garcia started the season predominantly as a high half-forward for Calder Cannons, kicking eight goals in the first five rounds before really starting to get his hands on the ball further afield. After averaging 16.2 disposals in that time, he hit a purple patch of five straight 20-plus disposal games rotating on either side of midfield.

Garcia was still able to hit the scoreboard, but more importantly brought defensive pressure wherever he went, balancing between offensive and defensive modes that helped his side. His production as a whole was consistently high, and though his kicking could improve, he is able to dish off effectively by hand.

Needs to improve impact per possession ( non-damaging ) and kick penetration.

Some highlights of his 2023 AGSV season for Assumption below:

Although it’s only school football, Garcia looks really quick and dynamic.. has composure and willing to take the player on then burst out of congestion, exactly the type of mid we want.. Really liked him playing on very quickly after taking a mark, an excellent goal kicker too. it’s only 1 video, quite impressed with him for a pick #50.

Last edited:
Some highlights of his 2023 AGSV season for Assumption below:

That clip at about 0:56 seconds is awesome. I know he ends up getting caught, but the sustained run and follow up handball receives are a great sign - working really hard down the ground to create running options and hand-offs. That kind of work rate is an enormous asset, especially when you've got as good a set of wheels as he seems to have.

With a bit of time on the protein shakes, and some polishing up over a season I reckon he could be a really valuable player.

Keen to see what becomes of him!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back