Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - JACK HAYES!

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching this guy first hand as he is a key member for my SANFL team and being the most important player over the past 3-4 years of this team and two premierships back 2 back, I can tell everyone here, St Kilda need to pick him up and give him a regular list spot and put him in the team! Do NOT put him in the back lines and ruin his career like Cameron Shenton. This bloke is amazing and has the heart of a lion, can take huge contested pack marks, is a great 1 v 1 mark, has elite skills for his height, has a great jump and is an excellent shot at goal. He can cover the ground as well as anybody.

Let’s hope their is no St Kilda stuff up here!

Watching this guy first hand as he is a key member for my SANFL team and being the most important player over the past 3-4 years of this team and two premierships back 2 back, I can tell everyone here, St Kilda need to pick him up and give him a regular list spot and put him in the team! Do NOT put him in the back lines and ruin his career like Cameron Shenton. This bloke is amazing and has the heart of a lion, can take huge contested pack marks, is a great 1 v 1 mark, has elite skills for his height, has a great jump and is an excellent shot at goal. He can cover the ground as well as anybody.

Fingers crossed! Any idea why he didn't get a shot before this?

Which forward would you leave out for him?

Which forward would you leave out for him?

As it's before our first practice match, he's as deserving of a spot as anyone else :)

But if we're thinking about how he would fit into our "old team", it can be done. Our small forwards are capable chipping in with the mids, even Membrey doesn't spend much time up forward. King would be the only player seen as a primary forward. I think Hayes is like a heritage CHF, but these days they start there but float anywhere. Looking at our "old team", the question for me is who would be able to keep Hayes out?

As it's before our first practice match, he's as deserving of a spot as anyone else :)

But if we're thinking about how he would fit into our "old team", it can be done. Our small forwards are capable chipping in with the mids, even Membrey doesn't spend much time up forward. King would be the only player seen as a primary forward. I think Hayes is like a heritage CHF, but these days they start there but float anywhere. Looking at our "old team", the question for me is who would be able to keep Hayes out?

Disagree.
Previous record speaks for something.

He's somewhere in between Jack Steele, and Jack Peris.

Marshall, King, Membrey, Sharman, Hayes

It's a big call to play 4 of those 5 but If we do Hayes will have to push one of those other 4 out of the side.

The contested marking will be a real treat. I feel like the last 4-5 years going back to the Josh Bruce era we haven’t really had any aerial threats. Membrey probably being the most consistent clunker in the forward 50.

But Sharman is a one touch grab. Sounds like Hayes has the same ability. We all know that Ming is going to be a phenomenon when he is allowed to get on the lead.

I would absolutely love it if Hayes can take his SANFL form and transfer it to the AFL.

The balance has to be that we don’t lose our defensive zip in the forward 50.

Marshall, King, Membrey, Sharman, Hayes

It's a big call to play 4 of those 5 but If we do Hayes will have to push one of those other 4 out of the side.

Its kind of been suggested he's not highly suited to the Key Forward roll, as much as midfield. Of course , in the SAFL he got to ruck while he was doing it, can't see that happen for significant game time in AFL.

Its kind of been suggested he's not highly suited to the Key Forward roll, as much as midfield. Of course , in the SAFL he got to ruck while he was doing it, can't see that happen for significant game time in AFL.
That's the issue, he's not big enough to be a descent ruck at AFL level and I don't see him making it as a genuine mid.

That is unless they try him in Battle old role on the wing.

So I think it's much more likely he is used as a back up forward or even defence if we have a bad run with injuries.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back