Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - JACK PERIS!

Remove this Banner Ad

I like this, if only for the name (Peris, not another Jack).

How does he play? Does anyone think he’s a realistic chance at best 22?
Not next year, without knowing much he's a huge project player and has trouble getting into matches. But he's a late comer to footy and I think we're grabbing him on potential.

Obviously a great name in Australian sport, to think his mother won a gold medal in hockey and then became an athletics champion is wild. She's also been a great leader to indigenous youth. Really hope he makes it, Sandy will have some dash next year!

I like this, if only for the name (Peris, not another Jack).

How does he play? Does anyone think he’s a realistic chance at best 22?

I watched a game last year that he played in. He hardly touched the ball and looked a little lost, I think he's an incredible athlete that hopefully learns quick in a professional environment. If he can pick up some skills he will be able to run himself out of trouble.

When you have speed you can find space, link up chains...also a handy attribute to reach contests.

If he can kick, mark, handball and make good decisions...now that is the question?
That's what these Cat.B places are for they...development.
We have an emphasis on development now, with some new guys looking after it. Let's see it out to good use.
Welcome Jack Peris, God speed.

When you have speed you can find space, link up chains...also a handy attribute to reach contests.
If he succeeds it may allow some on here to finally move on from the loss of Hind

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don't be ridiculous, we could have had multiples.

Yeah; nah

We don’t need no imitation

VPRmhnY.jpg

I'm guessing we'll start by playing him as a pressure forward. Might pair him up with Butler all pre season to teach him to crumb off of packs and tell him to use his pace to harass the opposition defence when they have it.

I'm guessing we'll start by playing him as a pressure forward. Might pair him up with Butler all pre season to teach him to crumb off of packs and tell him to use his pace to harass the opposition defence when they have it.
When a group of the NGAs trained with the Seniors back in March, they had him following Hill around on the wing. Was a moment when he put the burners on, overtook someone who had a good 10-15m head start on him to then lay a run down tackle on someone else.

A big project player, but has so much athletic ability to work with.

As well won't It depend on if he decides to do the Olympics in 2024?
He's exceptionally quick but even so he's still way short of qualifying standards for Olympics in any of the individual track events.

Might have been a chance if we had a decent 400 metres relay team but we just don't have the numbers/quality.

I think that's part of the reason for the focus on footy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back