Toast Welcome to St Kilda Jonathon Marsh

Remove this Banner Ad

What, like we just did with Marsh?
So you want to replace Robbo/Jake with a development prospect then do you??
Or Libba could just bend over and pull an experienced 26yo KPD with good future from out his bumhole coz every other club was blind and passed over this little hidden diamond for the last 8 years???
Try wishing in one hand, and shitting in the other, and see which fills up first.
Rowe was top of the scrap heap and so we took him. He's a Saint now. Get behind him or gtfo.

I think its time to adjust the attitude. I don't have to get behind him or get out. Not sure what is going on there but perhaps control that a bit more.

As to the rest of the post: yes, I suggest to try to find someone that may not be an extremely limited player that offers very little to a winning team in 2019. I'd rather take a chance on someone completely unproven who might not make it but also has higher upside risk.

I think its time to adjust the attitude. I don't have to get behind him or get out. Not sure what is going on there but perhaps control that a bit more.

As to the rest of the post: yes, I suggest to try to find someone that may not be an extremely limited player that offers very little to a winning team in 2019. I'd rather take a chance on someone completely unproven who might not make it but also has higher upside risk.
Do you really really think that we need more development prospects? Have a look at the state of our KPDs right now and tell us how another fringe selection that didn't even make the rookie draft is going to help?
I apologize for the attitude, but your comments are incredibly thoughtless, preferring idealistic fantasy over obvious reality, and shitting on a bloke who's been brought in to save our collective bacon, and so l got triggered. And I'll do it again..

Agree thoroughly.

Anyway, will support Sam. He may be captain the way things are going.

^^^

Watching that player of the week clip i saw he beat Pav in a one on one and i thought "wow this kid can play"..... but then when I also saw he also beat Chris Mayne i nearly wet my pants with excitement!

I mean, Pav was OK...... but CHRIS FREAKIN MAYNE!!!!!!

:moustache:

Rumour is Mayne requested trade to Collingwood to avoid playing on him.
Egg will be on his face when he gets owned by Marsh again this coming season!

If his fitness is anywhere near peak, he's a chance to play Round 1.

Some of his work shown here is pretty damn good against some pretty good forwards.

Haha... nice try Beau Maister... sneeking back on the the Saints list.

Beau+Maister+AFL+Rd+4+St+Kilda+v+Adelaide+2TVmnHvduRGl.jpg

Did anyone catch the Sandy game?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hear you but we picked up Marsh who at least has some upside and could surprise. We all know exactly how the Rowe signing it will end.
The whole point of this extra signing process to the get able bodies to fill a role for the next 9 months. Ideally, he doesnt play a single game. But it gives us an option incase of an emergency.

The whole point of this extra signing process to the get able bodies to fill a role for the next 9 months. Ideally, he doesnt play a single game. But it gives us an option incase of an emergency.
He's had to overcome testicular cancer and had to play in defence for one of the most pathetic teams in recent history.

From Wikipedia:

"After being selected irregularly as a forward during 2013, Rowe had a breakout season in 2014 when he earned a regular place in the Carlton team as a permanent tall defender – a position he had never previously played. His performances were strong enough for him to finish fifth in the best and fairest, and was elevated to the five-man leadership group in the 2015 season, and was a key member of the Carlton backline over the following years."

He suffers a torn ACL in 2017 but fights back to have a good 2018.

Then Carlton delist him and leave him stranded on 99 games.

Regardless of what you think about the signing he's a Saint now and I wish him well.

And I certainly wouldn't begrudge him a game at some stage so he can bring up his ton

He's had to overcome testicular cancer and had to play in defence for one of the most pathetic teams in recent history.

From Wikipedia:

"After being selected irregularly as a forward during 2013, Rowe had a breakout season in 2014 when he earned a regular place in the Carlton team as a permanent tall defender – a position he had never previously played. His performances were strong enough for him to finish fifth in the best and fairest, and was elevated to the five-man leadership group in the 2015 season, and was a key member of the Carlton backline over the following years."

Regardless of what you think about the signing he's a Saint now and I wish him well.

And I certainly wouldn't begrudge him a game at some stage so he can bring up his ton :)

My first wife died from testicular cancer...

From Wikipedia:

And I certainly wouldn't begrudge him a game at some stage so he can bring up his ton
He will definetlu bring some leadership and perspective to the group. His resilience in tough times is something our group needs more of.

It's also great that he has experience playing lots of positions, which is perfect for a back-up player.

Do you really really think that we need more development prospects? Have a look at the state of our KPDs right now and tell us how another fringe selection that didn't even make the rookie draft is going to help?
I apologize for the attitude, but your comments are incredibly thoughtless, preferring idealistic fantasy over obvious reality, and shitting on a bloke who's been brought in to save our collective bacon, and so l got triggered. And I'll do it again..

Obvious reality is what keeps us in the bottom 4. Not taking the chance to at least try to be great is a failure. I think my thoughts are well reasoned and calculated. I think the idea these Sam Rowe will save anyone's bacon is rather crazy.

Obvious reality is what keeps us in the bottom 4. Not taking the chance to at least try to be great is a failure. I think my thoughts are well reasoned and calculated. I think the idea these Sam Rowe will save anyone's bacon is rather crazy.
I think your thoughts are well reasoned, but poorly calculated.
Sam Rowe was the correct choice on this occasion I'm sorry to tell you. We have 3 other players on the list that fit your criteria and a 4th one coming in behind them all won't help diddly squat. Meditate on this until you realize the truth, or trust the club, or just ECO if you need. Everything it how it should be.

What, like we just did with Marsh?
So you want to replace Robbo/Jake with a development prospect then do you??
Or Libba could just bend over and pull an experienced 26yo KPD with good future from out his bumhole coz every other club was blind and passed over this little hidden diamond for the last 8 years???
Try wishing in one hand and shitting in the other, then see which fills up first.
Rowe was top of the scrap heap and so we took him. He's a Saint now. Get behind him or gtfo.

I tried it. I now wish I hadn't, but that was one wish too late

From Wikipedia:

Well, I guess they presumed there would be no father/son's/daughter's to worry about

Remove this Banner Ad

Back