Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - JOSIAH KYLE!

Remove this Banner Ad

Like everyone I've been looking for highlights for Kyle but can't find a thing. But I did find this article where his coach said

"He probably has the most talent on our list; he just needs to put it together more consistently,” Cox said. He has some traits that are just unbelievable."

“I think in a full-time system, he will definitely develop.”

Now given that the list he was talking about included Mac Andrew (pick 5) Connor McDonald (Pick 26) Judson Clark (Pick 30) and Miller Bergman (Pick 38) clearly the kid has a lot of potential.

Over to the coaching staff!!!

Edit - forgot the link to the article

Not meaning to be rude, but also highlights my previous points of just how far off his mindset and attitude is.

Not meaning to be rude, but also highlights my previous points of just how far off his mindset and attitude is.
The bankers take on Josiah was pretty realistic I thought. Gags mentioned that Josiahs GPS data clocked him with either the highest or second highest in game top speed. He does mention that consistency is the concern, but he hints that having him in a full time program will help.

In one of our 'meet the draftee' interviews Josiah says he's only been following AFL for four years. Is he new to the sport? Or is he just talking about having an AFL dream to work towards?

Not rude - fairly realistic assessment. But from this article you get the feeling he's never really thought of himself as an AFL player and it was more about just having a bit of fun whether it was rugby or AFL and now he's getting an opportunity that he may have never thought even existed.

The bankers take on Josiah was pretty realistic I thought. Gags mentioned that Josiahs GPS data clocked him with either the highest or second highest in game top speed. He does mention that consistency is the concern, but he hints that having him in a full time program will help.

In one of our 'meet the draftee' interviews Josiah says he's only been following AFL for four years. Is he new to the sport? Or is he just talking about having an AFL dream to work towards?
Good read from a year ago. If he does come on and become a Kosi clone - looks like we have Matty Parker to thank for it.

“I didn’t really want to play footy.”

Incredibly, Indigenous talent and Next Generation Academy (NGA) member Josiah Kyle had little interest to pursue footy when he moved to Melbourne from his native Queensland three years ago.

And even if he doesn't make it - it seems that the NGA program has really been a benefit for him personally and that's fantastic in itself.

So he has a rugby background?

Wouldn’t it be great to get another elite pace, goal kicking, defensive forward to give Butler a hand. Can’t wait to watch Josiah play, and find out how good he is above his head and with ball in hand.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back