Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - LIAM STOCKER

Remove this Banner Ad

Sep 8, 2008
AFL Club
St Kilda
WELCOME LIAM

Appears like a belated thread as a cannot find a previous version and the player board is a wasteland, feel free to merge/delete if I am wrong but I feel the man needs some love and what better week than when we face off against his old club.

I have been looking through the Carlton board thread to pull some media and will share a few items that may be of interest to some on here, there is a lot over on the Carlton board if you are so way inclined but their thread is 87 pages and I have only looked at the last 7 pages. I'm leaving out anything speculative about his time at Carlton internally as that is no longer relevant.

Voted as Carltons best young player for the 2021 season and delisted a year later, now picked up by St.Kilda and will play his 6th game for the club which is the total amount of games played for the Blues in 2022. He is looking fantastic and a change of scenery has him playing great football, something SOS saw in him right from the start of his time at Carlton.

To kick off here is a clip of doing what he does, looking out for teammates, something we all love and have already seen a few times in the red white and black.

A 16 minute video interview at the end of 2021

An article opening up about his severe struggles with anxiety, sharing this one as the more exposure to guys talking about these things the better. He is also an ambassador and speaker for the mental health organisation 'Outside the Locker Room'

Here's to Stocker turning it all around and starting off at St Kilda in the way he has and with the positive impact and influence on his new teammates.

Great Gatsby Movie GIF by Sony

and a toast to the future games at the club in what we hope will finally bring the ultimate success.

A Day To Remember Drink GIF by Epitaph Records

Excellent thread, Stocker has been excellent off a HBF. Brought in as depth, and we so many down brought in to cover the holes, but has been a revelation.
Yes dont @ me, but reminds me of Hodge, his self assurance and the way he moves off half back. Not saying he is Hodge, but his performances have been eye opening.

Came to the Saints and I watched him struggle before Christmas keeping up with the running machines on the list. Must have worked his ring off over the Xmas break as he came back and was easily in the main group when running. Kudo's to the kid.

His game v Essendon was, in my eyes, was second only to Wood, another reject (if Stocker was playing like Hodge, Wood looked like Fyfe that game).

His running game is excellent and reckon he is the type of non nonsense player that RTB would love. The other thing he shares with Hodge is, like in those clips, is courageous, and will fly the flag for team mates, and is a tough little bastard. He has already sat a few oppo players on their arses, and went in to remonstrate when a Fold Coast campaigner went after Wood's sore shoulder.

I like this kid, I like the way he plays, I like the way he conducts himself off field, and I like the fact he has overcome his mental health issues and the fact that if they rear their ugly head again he is at a club that will take he welfare seriously (not that Carlton didn't, not saying that) and has the DF Wellness Centre on the door step 5 days a week.

Great get and rapidly becoming a favourite.

Last edited:
Excellent thread, Stocker has been excellent off a HBF. Brought in as depth, and we so many down brought in to cover the holes, but has been a revelation.
Yes dont @ me, but reminds me of Hodge, his self assurance and the way he moves off half back. Not saying he is Hodge, but his performances have been eye opening.

Came to the Saints and I watched him struggle before Christmas keeping up with the running machines on the list. Must have worked his ring off over the Xmas break as he came back and was easily in the main group when running. Kudo's to the kid.

His game v Essendon was, in my eyes, was second only to Wood, another reject (if Stocker was playing like Hodge, Wood looked like Fyfe that game).

His running game is excellent and reckon he is the type of non nonsense player that RTB would love. The other thing he shares with Hodge is, like in those clips, is courageous, and will fly the flag for team mates, and is a tough little bastard. He has already sat a few oppo players on their arses, and went in to remonstrate when a Fold Coast campaigner went after Wood's sore shoulder.

I like this kid, I like the way he plays, I like the way he conducts himself off field, and I like the fact he has overcome his mental health issues and the fact that if they rear their ugly head again he is at a club that will take he welfare seriously (not that Carlton didn't, not saying that) and has the DF Wellness Centre on the door step 5 days a week.

Is one of the few in our side who has a bit of niggle and gets stuck into the opposition.

Not approaching Stevie Baker levels but as you note, he isn’t afraid to fly the flag.

Maybe a hot take, but will be a champion of the club if he follows on his current trajectory. Seems like a future leader.

Love watching him get stuck into the oppo every week, and he’s already quite reliable. Mistake him for Steele far too often, and that can only be a good thing IMO.

Hoping he can keep it up, great pick up thus far.

Happy for him. I think I and a couple others likened aspects of him to Hodge too. Tough bugger, hope his mental struggles are behind him for the long haul.

Great post.

Obviously has great resilience to have overcome his MH issues and be playing at such a good level. A definite team player. Take my hat off to him.

He’s going to be a certain addition to our list of inspired draftees we drafted as depth and who have become best 22 like Wilkie and Wood etc.

Last edited:
The oppo this weekend know his weakness and will try and get inside his head, so I really hope his teammates will be ready for that and give him the support he needs to rise above it and smash them, not just let him deal with it by himself. Sinclair, Battle, Wilkie; don't let your brother down.

I have full faith in Stocker wont be affected playing Carlton, he has been as solid as they come this year. I noticed some crediting SOS for his signing but he was training with us a long time before SOS arrived. Either way he has been a great pick up by the club and has fitted seemlessly into our defence. At some point I would like to see RTB give him a few runs through the middle, to see how he goes in there.

Last edited:
Just gets it done. 20 touches and 7 marks a game, has fit in seamlessly.

Probably one of the best speakers and media operators in the game too, to be honest. Speaks like someone with 10 more years experience in the game.

14 is a seriously appropriate number for him to be wearing.

Here's to his first goal for us on Sunday.

I'm stoked with Stocker, he's been a great pick up for us. I thought he would only be a depth player but he has nailed down a spot in our defence now.

He brings that hard edge to our side like Long used to but unlike Long he doesn't cross the line with silly undisciplined stuff and he has good skills too.

No doubt he will be keen to play well against Carlton on Sunday after they delisted him and hopefully we can get the win so he can rub it in their faces.

I’m not jizzing myself like some of you but he’s the definition of a solid player. Just a no fuss operator who gets his job done to a good standard every week. He’s the type that probably never wins an award or the accolades of some but you realise how much he’s doing when he’s injured or missing. Premiership sides have plenty of Stockers in them. Richmond had a side of them that won 3 flags.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m not jizzing myself like some of you but he’s the definition of a solid player. Just a no fuss operator who gets his job done to a good standard every week. He’s the type that probably never wins an award or the accolades of some but you realise how much he’s doing when he’s injured or missing. Premiership sides have plenty of Stockers in them. Richmond had a side of them that won 3 flags.

The origin of my jizz (hehe) is the fact our ball use has been so bad for so long. Bringing in a guy that makes good decisions and can execute is exactly what our club needed. Add in the fact he's a tough bastard and yes, I'm a big fan.

The origin of my jizz (hehe) is the fact our ball use has been so bad for so long. Bringing in a guy that makes good decisions and can execute is exactly what our club needed. Add in the fact he's a tough bastard and yes, I'm a big fan.
The fact he was free and that he has the potential to really embarrass a club that most of us have an unhealthy hatred of just adds to the quantity of jizz being produced 😄

Has effectively replaced Ben Long and what an upgrade he is. Much more consistent, defensively sound and assured with the footy. I'd have him ahead of both Webster and Paton for that small/medium defender role. I'd say there's two spots to go between those three and Coffield - Stocker has a lock on one of those spots

Has effectively replaced Ben Long and what an upgrade he is. Much more consistent, defensively sound and assured with the footy. I'd have him ahead of both Webster and Paton for that small/medium defender role. I'd say there's two spots to go between those three and Coffield - Stocker has a lock on one of those spots
+1.

What a pickup he has been. Thanks SOS for Stocker & Caminiti 👍

I see why we were keen on him during the draft, I also see why SOS traded up for him. Carlton really ****ed up this one. All the blues I have spoken to, they all rated him highly.

They had bigger fish to fry in their list management like checks list Lochie O’Brien and checks again Caleb Marchbank to compliment squints Nic Newman???

Liam has been one of the quiet achievers of the season so far . I mean quiet as in he hardly gets any mentions in the press but he has been a huge boost to our defensive 6 and a good link man . Having him there has given Sinclair more options to run forward and start attacks . So far he has been an excellent player considering I had no idea who he was when we picked him up . The bonus is he is another Saints supporter as a kid .

I said it when he was drafted but he’s got Angus Brayshaw type impact. I’ve been super impressed with his kicking. Just hitting lots of targets.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back