Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - LIAM STOCKER

Remove this Banner Ad

Feel he is a better version of Geary. Tough as nails off half back, hard at it, but also very very tidy with disposal.

Yeah his kicking is actually really good, not just at hitting targets but getting the ball there pretty quickly. I've seen him hit a few kicks where he's near the boundary line and goes back inside and he's not quite Nas level but he's really good. Very happy with him, it's going to be uber competitive for a backline spot with him, Nas, Paton, Webster and Coffield. Some of those guys might need to look at playing further up the ground or seasons end look for a new club if they don't want to play 2's.

But Stocker is firmly best 6 for me now, ticks all the boxes; tough (put himself in the hole of a leading McKay twice last night), defensively on (that tackle on Elliot last week was awesome) and can hit targets by foot that not everyone can. Big fan now.

When Webster got hurt a few years ago we threw Ben Paton in and he shined, to the point that it was a genuine question as to which of them was best 22.

Stocker has come in and overtaken both of them!

Awesome effort.

David Cunningham

What The Hell Hello GIF by StoryMe

Future captain?

I know it’s early but god damn I love this kid.

Happy right now for him to be the best he can be, in the RWB that he always truly wanted to be in.

Given what he went through during his Carlton tenure, I just want to see him enjoying footy, and hopefully being in a great place to break into the leadership group as it transitions to the next generation.

LOVING what he brings to the backline, and he's absolutely justifying the No.14 on his back.

Worth a read if you haven’t.
Shows exactly how Ross operates. why he is such a smart people manager and why his players respect and play for him.

Edit: Beaten by the ‘bro. 😝

Worth a read if you haven’t.
Shows exactly how Ross operates. why he is such a smart people manager and why his players respect and play for him.

Edit: Beaten by the ‘bro. 😝

He's a very impressive guy Stocker. Lyon seems to be an intuitive man manager. He really reads the players personality to help get the best out of themselves.

He's a very impressive guy Stocker. Lyon seems to be an intuitive man manager. He really reads the players personality to help get the best out of themselves.
My first like in a week….I’m baaaack!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This bloke is fast becoming one of my favourite players, tough as nails, covers ground well & a reliable kick.
His disposal average shows just how much he does for the team, without getting the accolades that some of his other teammates get.

phonto.jpeg

This bloke is fast becoming one of my favourite players, tough as nails, covers ground well & a reliable kick.
His disposal average shows just how much he does for the team, without getting the accolades that some of his other teammates get.

View attachment 1711078
He is exactly what we wanted Geary to be tbh. Hard and tough, which Geary was. But with good disposal

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

He is exactly what we wanted Geary to be tbh. Hard and tough, which Geary was. But with good disposal

On SM-G960F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Late in the game against the Swans when Ross was forcefully barking down the phone to the bench, I’m pretty sure it’s instructions about Stocker (my lip reading skills are very basic though).

Made me wonder if there is a Stocker lever that he pulls when he wants to make adjustments around stoppage or defensive setups.

Late in the game against the Swans when Ross was forcefully barking down the phone to the bench, I’m pretty sure it’s instructions about Stocker (my lip reading skills are very basic though).

Made me wonder if there is a Stocker lever that he pulls when he wants to make adjustments around stoppage or defensive setups.

The “Stockade” !

Love everything he’s brought. Ross always has a player or too he just works into the system and stocker is that guy. Has a bit of C#%nt in him too. Reckon in big games he’ll prove invaluable. Getting more confident and assured by the game. Amazing that Carlton let him go.

I remember this too and went back to have a look. In the last quarter with 5:06 left on the clock (1h57m35s into the replay) he yells something down the phone. Although as far as I can tell he says "Get *en Stocker off". Maybe not though - I can't lip read either.

View attachment RTB Phone.mp4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back