Toast Welcome to St.Kilda - Matthew Allison

Remove this Banner Ad

He has already got the media right by saying "rapt to be for 2021 and beyond."
No going hung up and saying I will be a Saint for life.

Gone are those days.

Only supporters are like that.

Just a reminder that the NAB league app has highlights of Allison, just have to search his name in the highlights section. They’re not the greatest videos because it can be hard to tell which player he is...but it’s something. Or you can view the two kicks he has in the interview video on the Saints site. :thumbsu:

You've left out Cripps.

Will be back in Perth IMO.

If Freo keep building nicely I think there is every chance they throw silly money at him to play with Fyfe.

I wouldn’t say staged but they definitely were close to expecting it to happen.

I’d say we gave him a heads up that if he was there we’d probably take him.
If you read the comments on the tweet, it was connor99's brother.

They saw his name come up, thats why his mates exploded before his surname was announced.

Will be back in Perth IMO.

If Freo keep building nicely I think there is every chance they throw silly money at him to play with Fyfe.
It's just a dream but I think he'll want to play finals and that might be something we can sell him. If a couple of players leave and we offer some big money it might not be impossible.
Then there's always Heeney as a back up plan.

Just a reminder that the NAB league app has highlights of Allison, just have to search his name in the highlights section. They’re not the greatest videos because it can be hard to tell which player he is...but it’s something. Or you can view the two kicks he has in the interview video on the Saints site. :thumbsu:
Can you please post a link to the highlights , i cant seem to find them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Do u think that was staged? One guy had a saints scarf on!
Nope, one of his friends is a poster on this forum and took the scarf with him to Matthew's house. Not to mention Matt would've known prior that the Saints were going to take him before they read out his name.

Btw, GWS had told him they were going to draft him too. I don’t know what number but they guaranteed him.
Must be why he was so happy when he knew he was going to St.Kilda instead :D

Can you please post a link to the highlights , i cant seem to find them
Looks like they’re only on the app so don’t think I can link them. Once you’ve got the app you just hit highlights on the bottom, search Matthew Allison and they’ll come up.

Btw, GWS had told him they were going to draft him too. I don’t know what number but they guaranteed him.

So North told him that they’d draft him at 30, GWS said they’d draft him, and we were clearly keen and he knew that.

Who knows how many other clubs were keen.

In hindsight, he wasn’t a bolter. We pulled the trigger just in the nick of time.

Really hope we’ve hit the jackpot, he seems like a terrific young lad.

So North told him that they’d draft him at 30, GWS said they’d draft him, and we were clearly keen and he knew that.

Who knows how many other clubs were keen.

In hindsight, he wasn’t a bolter. We pulled the trigger just in the nick of time.

Really hope we’ve hit the jackpot, he seems like a terrific young lad.
Surprise surprise. Like I always said. Bloggers are not recruiters. So the idea because some blogger had him at pick 58 or what ever it was in his crappy mock draft doesn't mean we reached.

Surprise surprise. Like I always said. Bloggers are not recruiters. So the idea because some blogger had him at pick 58 or what ever it was in his crappy mock draft doesn't mean we reached.
Some are paid by professional sports media organisations, so the quality differs considerably amongst bloggers also. But the same can be said for all clubs draft teams as well. I don't think there are many players who are a consensus amongst all parties.

His highlights are pretty uninspiring to put it nicely but they’re from his underage year which isn’t the end of the world. Looks like we’re basing almost everything off the two practice matches he played at the start of the year. Doubt there’s any footage but I’d love to see it.

Some are paid by professional sports media organisations, so the quality differs considerably amongst bloggers also. But the same can be said for all clubs draft teams as well. I don't think there are many players who are a consensus amongst all parties.

you do get the difference between recruiters and bloggers right...

like i would get it if there were recruiters out there claiming allison won't go in the 1st round... but that didn't happen. we had some random blogger claimed he would go at pick 50 something and that was used as evidence to suggest we reached.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back